New Artics Have Arrived!

santran

#4106 and #4107 (the first hybrid i ever rode) are on the #14 Jeffery Express

4083, 4085, 4089, 4095, 4097, 4098, 4099, 4100, 4102, 4104, 4106, 4107, 4113, 4114, 4115,4116, and 4120 are all on the 14. Some of the lower numbered artics they have are showing up at 77th. It looks like 03 is getting potentially getting 4080-4120 and everything below is going to 7 or K.

4080 is on 6. However, as indicated by my prior posts, except for all the shuffling,* it appears that CTA is acting as now expected in realizing that the next 140 aren't coming soon, and thus allocating approximately 60 to K, 20 to 77, 40 to 103, and the remaining 88 to NP, in numerical order. Since there is now still a number of 40 footers on 14, when the remaining ones come in, there might be a few more moves from NP to 103. That would get things back to pre-February.

As I said, wait for BusTracker on Monday. Now we have.

*Actually, the shuffling doesn't bother me in this instance, since they had to restore capacity to the LSD routes fast.

#4194, #4195 and #4197 were all on the #147 for yesterday evening's rush. I don't know if #4197 appeared on Bustracker because I had taken a trip on the bus and noticed it was not yet calling out street stops via the Clever devices. It also had the taco bell tone which one lady commented sounds better than the existing bell. The bus had no ad signs interior or exterior which gave it that fresh "out of the box" look.

As of right now all of the buses on the 145 are artics and there's only 1 40 footer on the 156. Most of the time I look at it during midday only half of the buses on the 145 are artics and usually there's more than 1 40 footer on the 156. 4150 is still at Kedzie on the 145 right now.

I wonder why it has changed all of a sudden.

Because, given the number of DE60LFs received, things have been restored to where they were before the NABIs were pulled, except on the south side, and close to that there on 6 and 14. The routes you mention were pretty much all artic prior to that.

The only surprising thing is that 4150 wasn't moved to keep things in numeric sequence, given the other moves last weekend.

• Upvote 1

As of right now all of the buses on the 145 are artics and there's only 1 40 footer on the 156. Most of the time I look at it during midday only half of the buses on the 145 are artics and usually there's more than 1 40 footer on the 156. 4150 is still at Kedzie on the 145 right now.

Not all of the 145s are arctics. 1624, 1660, 1690, and 1704 among 1000s and 6010 is on 148 about to become a 145 at this moment.

Not all of the 145s are arctics. 1624, 1660, 1690, and 1704 among 1000s and 6010 is on 148 about to become a 145 at this moment.

jajuan,

I've noticed the same grammatical mistake when you are talking about the 60-foot Buses. I was kinda hoping Busjack would've corrected this grammatical mistake, seeing as how he points them out so frequently, but I guess not this time...

The Arctic you are currently using depicts a cold region(i.e Antartica)

The Artic you are meaning to type is, in this case, an abbreviation for Articulated Bus... Artic/ulated.

• Upvote 1

jajuan,

I've noticed the same grammatical mistake when you are talking about the 60-foot Buses. I was kinda hoping Busjack would've corrected this grammatical mistake, seeing as how he points them out so frequently, but I guess not this time...

The Artic you are meaning to type is, in this case, an abbreviation for Articulated Bus... Artic/ulated.

More likely, it's just a typo and not a grammatical error. It's easy enough to do. In earlier posts, the word "artic" is spelled properly.

jajuan,

Maybe the NABI's are Arctics because they sure left CTA out in the cold :P (for now) Seriously, the mispelling is just a small mistake as long as I understood his point. Now if I couldn't understand what he said that's different.

jajuan,

I know that. Each post, I typed 'artics', I was referencing more than one bus. Thus 'artics', with a lower-case 'a', as in more than one articulated bus. Last I checked that is how you reference the plural for a lot of words in the English language. Had I wanted to say an artic, as in one articulated I would have typed 'artic'. So I don't need the grammar lesson, thanks. I guess plural forms of nouns somehow got lost in this grammar lesson. And I suppose the member who started this thread needs the same grammar lesson you thought you were giving here. Check up above the title of this thread "New Artics Have Arrived". (And by the way, I do believe the cold weather region you're thinking about, the Artic, is the Artic Ocean up north surrounding the North Pole. Antartica, sometimes referenced as the antartic region or the Antartic, is at and surrounding the South Pole.) Future grammar lessons any one else may want to give can be sent to me through PM instead throwing forum threads off topic to do so. Now does anyone have anything substantive to say about the series 4000 artics (i.e. articulated buses) that are the topic of the current thread?

I know that. Each post, I typed 'artics', I was referencing more than one bus. Thus 'artics', with a lower-case 'a', as in more than one articulated bus. Last I checked that is how you reference the plural for a lot of words in the English language. Had I wanted to say an artic, as in one articulated I would have typed 'artic'. So I don't need the grammar lesson, thanks. I guess plural forms of nouns somehow got lost in this grammar lesson. And I suppose the member who started this thread needs the same grammar lesson you thought you were giving here. Check up above the title of this thread "New Artics Have Arrived". (And by the way, I do believe the cold weather region you're thinking about, the Artic, is the Artic Ocean up north surrounding the North Pole. Antartica, sometimes referenced as the antartic region or the Antartic, is at and surrounding the South Pole.) Future grammar lessons any one else may want to give can be sent to me through PM instead throwing forum threads off topic to do so. Now does anyone have anything substantive to say about the series 4000 artics (i.e. articulated buses) that are the topic of the current thread?

Hate to pile on, given that I was going to avoid sw's taunt, but, sw's point was:

• Arctic (with a c following the r) refers to the frigid zone.
  • Artic (with only one c) may be an abbreviation for articulated.

Now, if the air conditioners are running in this kind of weather, the buses may be both, but prior reports were that those with stuck thermostats had the heat on, and thus were tropicals.

Now the real topic--has anyone seen a previously unreported bus?

Hate to pile on, given that I was going to avoid sw's taunt, but, sw's point was:

• Arctic (with a c following the r) refers to the frigid zone.
  • Artic (with only one c) may be an abbreviation for articulated.

Now, if the air conditioners are running in this kind of weather, the buses may be both, but prior reports were that those with stuck thermostats had the heat on, and thus were tropicals.

Now the real topic--has anyone seen a previously unreported bus?

:lol: That would be a spelling lesson than rather than a grammatical one, or better yet a note to self to watch out with typing my posts without my specs (second set of eyes). Rant retracted in that case along with apology issued, but anyhow.....

Has 77th gotten anything beyond 4080 which I noted was reported the highest articulated there?

:lol: That would be a spelling lesson than rather than a grammatical one, or better yet a note to self to watch out with typing my posts without my specs (second set of eyes), but anyhow.....

Has 77th gotten anything beyond 4080 which I noted was reported the highest articulated there?

No. 7 only has 20 artics. 4081 - 4120 are at 103rd, and the remainder at P (except 4150, which is still at K).

I know that. Each post, I typed 'artics', I was referencing more than one bus. Thus 'artics', with a lower-case 'a', as in more than one articulated bus. Last I checked that is how you reference the plural for a lot of words in the English language. Had I wanted to say an artic, as in one articulated I would have typed 'artic'. So I don't need the grammar lesson, thanks. I guess plural forms of nouns somehow got lost in this grammar lesson. And I suppose the member who started this thread needs the same grammar lesson you thought you were giving here. Check up above the title of this thread "New Artics Have Arrived". (And by the way, I do believe the cold weather region you're thinking about, the Artic, is the Artic Ocean up north surrounding the North Pole. Antartica, sometimes referenced as the antartic region or the Antartic, is at and surrounding the South Pole.) Future grammar lessons any one else may want to give can be sent to me through PM instead throwing forum threads off topic to do so.

... Someone's a bit edgy, aren't they? I don't see anything wrong with sw's post. All he did was just tell you. No need to snap.

Hate to pile on, given that I was going to avoid sw's taunt....

Taunt? Sure doesn't seem like one to me.