Ravinia Update

jesi2282

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder what garage got to drive the #2400's, North?

Usually employees of Highland Park. I also doubt they got all atwitter getting 6683 back.

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe no cops said nothing because they were bus fans too!! xD

By experience, it is either moving the crowds along or enforcing the parking restrictions. One may not park on the streets in the neighborhood (basically between Roger Williams and Lake Cook)  unless displaying a placard. I don't think they care about someone with a camera.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...
25 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

So I just read on Pace's FB page that Ravinia shuttle is officially Route #475. It didn't say what garage was handling this, but does it still mean no more old Nabis and it's being served by NS or NW? 

My guess would be whoever operated this route before  COVID.   I would think that Highland Park would be the answer.   The next question would be whether they use the 30ft EZRiders or would Pace transfer some Axxess buses there?  

I highly doubt NW ( at least while still in Des Plaines) or North or North Shore would operate this route.  This could be revisited when Wheeling opens, but even then I think Highland Park is the most logical option. 

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

My guess would be whoever operated this route before  COVID.   I would think that Highland Park would be the answer.   The next question would be whether they use the 30ft EZRiders or would Pace transfer some Axxess buses there?  

I highly doubt NW ( at least while still in Des Plaines) or North or North Shore would operate this route.  This could be revisited when Wheeling opens, but even then I think Highland Park is the most logical option. 

As indicated above (5 or 6 years ago), it has always been operated by Highland Park Public Works. It has been shown in the Pace budget as a revenue item under Route 475 even though it has always been operated as Highland Park running old Pace buses; apparently Highland Park pays for the privilege. The old buses were generally stored at South Holland, North, or McHenry in the off season. A few 30 footers would be used, but, at least prepandemic, it was mostly old Orion VIs and NABIs. I don't know if they are still around, or, as @artthouwillsuggests, the pandemic has cut service to an extent that Axxess buses are now available. For instance, North Shore division is barely using its fleet.

Update: What may be misleading is the illustration in the FB post, which is clearly from the art department. Pace has had a history of that, from a MAN Americana bus to 6323 illustrated as a Pulse bus, to a drawing of the electric bus wrap on 20443.

pace.jpg

ravinia.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 9:08 PM, rotjohns said:

So I just read on Pace's FB page that Ravinia shuttle is officially Route #475. It didn't say what garage was handling this, but does it still mean no more old Nabis and it's being served by NS or NW? 

I think they'll still use the older NABIs for the Ravinia shuttle, reason I said this is because I went to South Holland about a week ago and notice that there were still plenty of older 35-LFWs still back there. still intact.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, ajay said:

I think they'll still use the older NABIs for the Ravinia shuttle, reason I said this is because I went to South Holland about a week ago and notice that there were still plenty of older 35-LFWs still back there. still intact.

Might be, but I must have arrived there too early. Only buses I saw were 6669 and 2691.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:54 PM, artthouwill said:

Stand Back.  I guess when it comes to Stevie Nick's all that's left for us are Dreams.

6 hours ago, MetroShadow said:

I cannot award comments, but this one wins. Congrats. 

Considering that this is a transit forum, I don't think Rosa Parks would go along with the first.?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Rosa Parks wouldn't have minded having to stand Back.  Her issue was abs she refused to STAND UP!!

It was not only stand, but go to the back of the bus, although History points out that she was sitting in the first row of the back.

It might also be interesting to note that it probably was a 30-seat bus, and now a days, a 40' bus has about 37 seats, not 51 as in those days.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam pace still running them though they had retired them cause I don't see them no more on not of the pace routes that run out of FP

These are usually sitting at South Holland, mothballed, and sent up to Ravinia/HP as needed. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, artthouwill said:

When was this taken?  Was this at a recent Ravinia concert?  If so, I'm surprised they would use 2003 and not 2095 NABIs.  I actually would have expected Eldorados.

That photo was sent to me the same day I posted it here. And yes. It was at a Ravinia concert. I honestly expected them to use the 2002-2003 models. Especially the 35 footers.

• 10 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 3:28 PM, Busjack said:

I suppose that 12401 is out there somewhere, but nobody has seen it (as opposed to only @rotjohns having seen 12402).

On 6/27/2023 at 6:03 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Is there an idea where the First Student of Naperville buses have went like 2600, 2635, 2666 etc?

I'll have to make a trip up there this weekend to check this out, as, unless enough 6600s have been saved, some of these buses must be up there. For instance, 2691 was last year. But, as usual, not seeing something doesn't prove where it is.

It's all 30' EZ Riders, a smattering of ex-Aurora, Elgin, Joliet, and Naperville buses.

Several had legacy wraps. The red one I assume was 2614. I'm not sure which one had the Elgin wrap; I thought it was 2651, but the tracker indicates it is still running on River routes.

All of the buses were lined up in the lot south of Laurel; the lots north of Central and the old marshaling point at HPHS were barricaded.

42 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It's all 30' EZ Riders, a smattering of ex-Aurora, Elgin, Joliet, and Naperville buses.

Several had legacy wraps. The red one I assume was 2614. I'm not sure which one had the Elgin wrap; I thought it was 2651, but the tracker indicates it is still running on River routes.

All of the buses were lined up in the lot south of Laurel; the lots north of Central and the old marshaling point at HPHS were barricaded.

Was this in the Naperville yard or another yard?

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

I know that's what's listed in that thread, but I thought I saw something else, but the bus was headed towards me and the wrapped buses have small numbers. I didn't notice until the next bus that the fleet number was in the run box.