New Express Routes Coming Soon.

jesi2282

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:29 AM, chgofan78 said:

Just passed #6729 on route #626 and it's now wrapped like the I-90 buses with the Pace Express logo on its side.

Just saw 6729. It is not the I-90 wrap, but the wrap with "Authorized to Use the Shoulder" stripe on the side, as on I-55. However, the white rectangle on the front seemed blank, although the bus went by real fast.

I also checked the cage, and all buses, both 2651s and 6700s had ILLEGAL TO FOLLOW BUS ON SHOULDER on the rear bumper.

On 10/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, MetroShadow said:

According to the 2017 proposed Budget Book (several places, but I'll cite Page 87) is that a new BoS between Toyota Park and downtown will be starting soon (the document says October, but...)

Tribune story that Toyota Park is becoming SeatGeek Stadium. Relevance here is whether Pace will feel be compelled to have destination signs saying 856 SEATGEEK EXPRESS.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, Busjack said:

Board Meeting video at 13:31: Soft opening of Barrington Road station on June 11th, and some support routes will be added then.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:05 PM, Busjack said:

Passenger Notice to that effect.

June Board meeting video. It didn't happen.

AT&T and NICOR work not completed.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, Busjack said:

Tribune story that Toyota Park is becoming SeatGeek Stadium. Relevance here is whether Pace will feel be compelled to have destination signs saying 856 SEATGEEK EXPRESS.

As of last Friday from what I saw while at my niece's graduation downtown, the 856 buses were still saying Toyota Park. 

12 hours ago, jajuan said:

As of last Friday from what I saw while at my niece's graduation downtown, the 856 buses were still saying Toyota Park. 

Someone posted elsewhere that the name change isn't until next year. I posted it more rhetorically.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Brilliant!!!  Probably using a bus that would otherwise be deadheading and using it for a live trip.

Considering it is (Chicagowise) a reverse commute, probably so (there is a 755 arriving at 6:53), but the Passenger Notice implies pretty clearly that Lewis University is paying for it. Otherwise, it would be $4.50/ride.

On the I-90 front, Passenger Announcement that the Barrington Road station opens August 13, with the following changes:

• Route 612, Barrington Rd. Circulator will provide peak-hour weekday service to destinations in Hoffman Estates.
  • Hoffman Estates On Demand, midday only.
  • Route 610 is cut back.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Brilliant!!!  Probably using a bus that would otherwise be deadheading and using it for a live trip.

Not only that, but there are additional service improvements linked from that notice.

I always wondered whether some kind of reverse commute bus to utilize the deadheads would be worthwhile, but I never considered Lewis as a destination.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

• Route 612, Barrington Rd. Circulator will provide peak-hour weekday service to destinations in Hoffman Estates.
  • Hoffman Estates On Demand, midday only.

Presumably these use the same vehicle(s).

Is there a schedule/map (or proposed one) posted anywhere yet? I don’t see one, despite the other routes being posted.

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

Not only that, but there are additional service improvements linked from that notice.

I didn't get the complaint in the notice about garage space, especially since the Pace Board voted a couple of months ago to rennovate the Heritage Garage. On the other hand, it isn't making any progress replacing the NW one.

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

Presumably these use the same vehicle(s).

Is there a schedule/map (or proposed one) posted anywhere yet? I don’t see one, despite the other routes being posted.

Using the usual search tools on pacebus.com, not yet.

14 hours ago, John7 said:

Route 612 will run i believe north of Barrington rd. Im curious which division will be operating route 612

Were noted in this topic.

On the specific question, either it is like 611, which is listed as River Division (but that doesn't distinguish it between East Dundee and South Elgin garages), or Pace831 is correct, in which case the paratransit contractor will operate it.