New Eldorados?

artthouwill

There's a lot of Nabis out today at North (including 6220 and 6224) and about half of the 6700s are not running.  My guess is the newer buses are being brought out in stages to test them all out before they turn them all loose.  I assume this will continue for at least a few more weeks. 

***Sorry, meant 6223, not 6224***

8 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

There's a lot of Nabis out today at North (including 6220 and 6224) and about half of the 6700s are not running.  My guess is the newer buses are being brought out in stages to test them all out before they turn them all loose.  I assume this will continue for at least a few more weeks. 

***Sorry, meant 6223, not 6224***

You have to look when school gets out, i.e. 3:20 p.m., when the proportion of new buses is higher.The NABI buses you mentioned were out, but only about 3 or 4  6600s. But I figure most up to 6779 mentioned by @Pace831 will have to be sent to N to wipe out NABIs there.

8 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I bet this is the last one. No more have showed up at Chandler for the past few weeks.

Considering the crummy weather the past couple of weeks, I wouldn't bet on it yet. No sense getting a new bus wiped out on the Interstate.

13 hours ago, Busjack said:

Considering the crummy weather the past couple of weeks, I wouldn't bet on it yet. No sense getting a new bus wiped out on the Interstate.

Of course bringing back memories of #2635 which did just that in snowy conditions on the expy. (On my youtube channel)

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm... According to my math that's 447 Eldorado's (#6769 -#6323). If you subtract the Pulse buses  that's still over 430 buses. So I wonder where the up to 416 contract fits into this?

Your math misses that there aren't 6576-6699. I get only approximately 330 buses.

Last set of deliveries ended at 6575, and 6600s were skipped because there are still NABIs in that range.

My numbers are also based on up to 6782 having been seen.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Your math misses that there aren't 6576-6699. I get only approximately 330 buses.

Last set of deliveries ended at 6575, and 6600s were skipped because there are still NABIs in that range.

My numbers are also based on up to 6782 having been seen.

Oh yeah I forgot about the #6600s. So they could still order 70 buses and they probably will at least to the point of getting rid of the #6162's and #6600s.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Oh yeah I forgot about the #6600s. So they could still order 70 buses and they probably will at least to the point of getting rid of the #6162's and #6600s.

I figure they should have enough 6700s to do that, as N seems close to done. The unanswered question is whether they have any intention regarding 6262-6322.

On 2/22/2018 at 12:05 PM, Busjack said:

I figure they should have enough 6700s to do that, as N seems close to done. The unanswered question is whether they have any intention regarding 6262-6322.

I guess the 6262s will be around for awhile.  West still has some 6162s hanging on also.  I don't know if Pace exercised all of its options for the Access buses or if they have to do a new RFP.  I know the max was 416, but were  the 91 CNGs at South part of that equation?

27 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know if Pace exercised all of its options for the Access buses or if they have to do a new RFP.  I know the max was 416

The issue at this point is not so much the 416 max as that it was a 5 year contract and the notice to proceed apparently was given about Nov. 2011, which means that the notice to proceed on this option must have been given some time before Nov. 2015 even though the deliveries didn't start until mid-2017. But one would have to figure that if options had not been exercised by now, there's no way they could be exercised on this contract.

27 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

but were  the 91 CNGs at South part of that equation?

As frequently said, there was a separate contract for 91 to 250 CNGs.

An aside: That contract could be used for W, but it hasn't been indicated that the mid life rehab project for the garage includes CNG.

23 hours ago, Busjack said:

6772 and 6773:

6772.png.f02f966a7178a98a29809f01099dc898.png6773.png.5f5d0863b866c83f18d4caa51d3dd828.png

It's definitely getting close.  Only 4 6600s are out at N right now:  6645, 6667, 6675, & 6680.  Even the 6162s that were at North aren't out and schools just let out.  More may show up, but it appears that the majority of the 6600s are probably toast and the 6162s are either toast or back at West by now.  

On 2/22/2018 at 12:05 PM, Busjack said:

I think they might try and retire the #6262's. If they can max out the options and get another 70 that might do it. It makes no sense to stock nabi parts for a bus company that no longer exists. NF probably does not have all the parts and some parts could be more expensive if they don't want a junkyard quality product. Best to just get rid of them. They are in their window from 2005 for 12 year replacement anyway.

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I think they might try and retire the #6262's. If they can max out the options and get another 70 that might do it. It makes no sense to stock nabi parts for a bus company that no longer exists. NF probably does not have all the parts and some parts could be more expensive if they don't want a junkyard quality product. Best to just get rid of them. They are in their window from 2005 for 12 year replacement anyway.

Many of the 6262s are starting to show it's age.  I came across one of them on the 322 over the weekend and the paint on it is fading away and parts of it was peeling.  Now, could Pace wrap these buses up like they did the 6162s until the next wave of El Dorados arrive, whenever that is?  I doubt it as the main reason the 6162s were wrapped was to get away from the white/yellow scheme while keeping them running till retirement.  

9 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Many of the 6262s are starting to show it's age.  I came across one of them on the 322 over the weekend and the paint on it is fading away and parts of it was peeling.  Now, could Pace wrap these buses up like they did the 6162s until the next wave of El Dorados arrive, whenever that is?  I doubt it as the main reason the 6162s were wrapped was to get away from the white/yellow scheme while keeping them running till retirement.  

I rode 6294 this weekend on the 318 and its age is starting to come too. Paint was starting to peel off too but at the rear door, only one of the overhead lights for the door that can be enabled for it to be unlocked was working and the other one was out.