Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just passed #6729 on route #626 and it's now wrapped like the I-90 buses with the Pace Express logo on its side.

Ok, whats the idea of the (-1) Reputation??

No link, but here is the photo. From Eddie Anthony's Facebook post. Taken around the CA/AZ state line. He mentioned three Pace buses, possibly the third one was 6769.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, andrethebusman said:

Yes FV

If you see it take some pictures if it says Training bus, not in service or To Garage or Metra Station. Or I can see depending if it's on either routes 524, 530, 533, 540, 559, 714, 722, and 802. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some buses are at south holland and ready to be delivered at Pace Fox valley garage next week or 2 but for next year the 2700s series will be replaced by the new 30Ft Eldorado national axess.

It will debut hopefully in February most likely, I will start Recording at the Aurora Transportation Center and I'll take some pictures and I'll make a tribute to the 2600s Series the Eldorado EZ Rider II. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gil said:

Some buses are at south holland and ready to be delivered at Pace Fox valley garage next week or 2 but for next year the 2700s series will be replaced by the new 30Ft Eldorado national axess.

It will debut hopefully in February most likely, I will start Recording at the Aurora Transportation Center and I'll take some pictures and I'll make a tribute to the 2600s Series the Eldorado EZ Rider II. 

I just passed a Joliet bus #2755 and it's got paint peeling and rust spots.  So those 20300s are probably going to be moving in quickly on the other locations once Fox Valley is taken care of.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

I just passed a Joliet bus #2755 and it's got paint peeling and rust spots.  So those 20300s are probably going to be moving in quickly on the other locations once Fox Valley is taken care of. 

Oh wow I bet they're getting old

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 3:06 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

That fleet entered service in September, so he probably meant 20506+

 

Oh I didn't know, it had been a minute since I looked at the South Suburb routes on Webwatch so I didn't realize those were out there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I remember the bus numbers are from #20300-20399- #20506-20570

Some are at the Fox Valley Garage, the rest at South holland and will be delivered by next month on one of the following divisions like at 

Pace Mchenry Garage 

As I mentioned Pace Fox Valley Garage 

MV Transportation Batavia 

First Student Naperville and

Village of Highland Park 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gil said:

Now I remember the bus numbers are from #20300-20399- #20506-20570

Some are at the Fox Valley Garage, the rest at South holland and will be delivered by next month on one of the following divisions like at 

Pace Mchenry Garage 

As I mentioned Pace Fox Valley Garage 

MV Transportation Batavia 

First Student Naperville and

Village of Highland Park 

 

As far as 20506 to 29570, sre they CNG or are they diesel?  If diesel,  who knows where they will go.  If CNG, they can only start at South, but could eventually wind ip in Wheeling.   My understanding was that Wheeling was scheduled to open this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

As far as 20506 to 29570, sre they CNG or are they diesel?  If diesel,  who knows where they will go.  If CNG, they can only start at South, but could eventually wind ip in Wheeling.   My understanding was that Wheeling was scheduled to open this summer.

They would probably go to wheeling, those first buses are Pulse buses, so it's likely the first 25 or so could be Pulse buses to go to wheeling. Possibly #6510-21 could be rebranded as regular Pace buses. I think I was reading they want to start building the Dempster pulse shelters, they were working on the last 2 Milwaukee ones at the south end. So not to have some kind of Pulse service there would be looney if there were shelters but no service. It would make sense to start the wheeling garage with just Pulse service and gradually get the rest of the cng fleet there.

I dont really know if new #20300's have a place at Naperville first student if theres no Metra feeder market. Are there indications the routes will return? Seems to me the best place to put them is just at heritage, fox valley and river.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They would probably go to wheeling, those first buses are Pulse buses, so it's likely the first 25 or so could be Pulse buses to go to wheeling. Possibly #6510-21 could be rebranded as regular Pace buses. I think I was reading they want to start building the Dempster pulse shelters, they were working on the last 2 Milwaukee ones at the south end. So not to have some kind of Pulse service there would be looney if there were shelters but no service. It would make sense to start the wheeling garage with just Pulse service and gradually get the rest of the cng fleet there.

I dont really know if new #20300's have a place at Naperville first student if theres no Metra feeder market. Are there indications the routes will return? Seems to me the best place to put them is just at heritage, fox valley and river.

I might have to see about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They would probably go to wheeling, those first buses are Pulse buses, so it's likely the first 25 or so could be Pulse buses to go to wheeling. Possibly #6510-21 could be rebranded as regular Pace buses. I think I was reading they want to start building the Dempster pulse shelters, they were working on the last 2 Milwaukee ones at the south end. So not to have some kind of Pulse service there would be looney if there were shelters but no service. It would make sense to start the wheeling garage with just Pulse service and gradually get the rest of the cng fleet there.

I dont really know if new #20300's have a place at Naperville first student if theres no Metra feeder market. Are there indications the routes will return? Seems to me the best place to put them is just at heritage, fox valley and river.

I'm not sure if they all will be Pulse buses.  MILwaukee and Dempster combined don't need more than 29 to 25 buses.  Halsted am, Harlem, and 95th Pulses are still 3 years away minimum.  I believe Pace is heading toward BRT styling buses as evidenced by the New Flyers.  Yet we still don't know for sure yet if these are CNG buses though that seems more probable than not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool it’s the only one out that’s new rn  and we’re going to see 2600’s retirements happening soon 😲

Yea #2600-#2699 Will Be Missed. 

#2600

#2601

#2602

#2603

#2604

#2605

#2606

#2607

#2608( Reflejos Ad Wrap Bus)

#2609

#2610

#2611

#2612

#2614(Aurora Transit System Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2615

#2616

#2617

#2618

#2619

#2620

#2621

#2622

#2623

#2624

#2625

#2626

#2627

#2628

#2629

#2630

#2631

#2632

#2633

#2634

#2635

#2636

#2637

#2638

#2639

#2640

#2641

#2642

#2643

#2644

#2645

#2646

#2647

#2648

#2649

#2650

#2651

#2652

#2653

#2654

#2655

#2656

#2657

#2658

#2659(wilmette Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2660

#2661

#2662

#2663(RTA Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2664

#2665

#2666

#2667

#2668

#2669

#2670

#2671

#2672

#2673

#2674

#2675

#2676

#2677

#2678

#2679

#2680

#2681(Naperville-Aurora legacy fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2682

#2683

#2684

#2685

#2686

#2687

#2688

#2689

#2690

#2691

#2692

#2693

#2694

#2695

#2696

#2697

#2698

And #2699

Will be gone til this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gil said:

Yea #2600-#2699 Will Be Missed. 

#2600

#2601

#2602

#2603

#2604

#2605

#2606

#2607

#2608( Reflejos Ad Wrap Bus)

#2609

#2610

#2611

#2612

#2614(Aurora Transit System Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2615

#2616

#2617

#2618

#2619

#2620

#2621

#2622

#2623

#2624

#2625

#2626

#2627

#2628

#2629

#2630

#2631

#2632

#2633

#2634

#2635

#2636

#2637

#2638

#2639

#2640

#2641

#2642

#2643

#2644

#2645

#2646

#2647

#2648

#2649

#2650

#2651

#2652

#2653

#2654

#2655

#2656

#2657

#2658

#2659(wilmette Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2660

#2661

#2662

#2663(RTA Legacy Fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2664

#2665

#2666

#2667

#2668

#2669

#2670

#2671

#2672

#2673

#2674

#2675

#2676

#2677

#2678

#2679

#2680

#2681(Naperville-Aurora legacy fleet 35th Anniversary Bus)

#2682

#2683

#2684

#2685

#2686

#2687

#2688

#2689

#2690

#2691

#2692

#2693

#2694

#2695

#2696

#2697

#2698

And #2699

Will be gone til this year 

😭  rip

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

😭  rip

2006-2021 15 years of one of the best 30 foot buses has ever seen. The Eldorado EZ Rider II BRT 2600s Series, the good thing is that the 2700s Series are staying as long as the new buses are still in progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...