CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

Found this on the Summer Schedule Changes for the "L". I wonder if these should've been flip-flopped though...

Brown Line:(As it is currently posted)

Weekday and Saturday mornings:

• From Kimball: The first train to Downtown will leave at 4am instead of 4:30am.

• From Belmont: Due to earlier trips going to the Loop, the first train to Kimball will leave at 4:55am instead of 4:25am.

Brown Line:(As it should've been posted???)

Weekday and Saturday mornings:

• From Kimball: The first train to Downtown will leave at 4am instead of 4:30am.

• From Belmont: Due to earlier trips going to the Loop, the first train to Kimball will leave at 4:25am instead of 4:55am.

The original posting is correct. In essence, there are no more shuttle trips so the 1st Northbound trip leaving Belmont toward Kimball will leave at 4;55 a.m. This is the train that left Kimball at 4 a.m., and just went through downtown and is returning back to Kimball.

6/20/11 10:42a

Red Line Riders: Signifigant Delays for Howard-Bound Trains due to earlier equipment trouble near Jackson. Trains are now moving and service is being restored.

Because of this delay 2 NB Purple Line train ran as a Red Line train from Belmont to Howard making all stops and the one SB Purple Line Train made all stops to Belmont from Howard this morning.

6/23/11 10:36a

Blue Line Riders: Service Disruption (Forest Park-bound trains) due to equipment trouble at Logan Square.

Alternate Service: Consider using the #56 Milwaukee Bus as an alternate to Blue Line service.

Service Interruption Update: Trains in both directions are operating on a single track. All passengers are to board on the O-Hare-bound side of the platform at Logan Square.

6/23/11 12:28p

Blue Line Riders: Signifigant Delays after earlier equipment trouble O-Hare-bound in the area of Addison. Trains are now moving and service is being restored.

I thought this might've been the same equipment issue from earlier, but this an O-Hare bound train around Addison, not Forest Park-bound at Logan Square. The 2200's are definately on their last legs. Granted, this could've been 2600's causing the problems, but my speculation is on the 2200's...

6/26/11 2:58p

Brown & Red Line Riders: Minor Delays. Trains are not stopping at Belmont due to excessive crowds.

Alternate Service: Brown Line passengers may use Wellington, Fullerton & Diversey Stations. Red Line passengers may use Fullerton and Addison Stations.

This is the most unusual alert I've ever seen!!!

6/26/11 2:58p

Brown & Red Line Riders: Minor Delays. Trains are not stopping at Belmont due to excessive crowds.

Alternate Service: Brown Line passengers may use Wellington, Fullerton & Diversey Stations. Red Line passengers may use Fullerton and Addison Stations.

This is the most unusual alert I've ever seen!!!

Must have been the crowd for the Pride parade because it was huge. When I got down stairs to street level they were still trying to clear people from the streets (with little success) laugh.gif

Must have been the crowd for the Pride parade because it was huge. When I got down stairs to street level they were still trying to clear people from the streets (with little success) laugh.gif

It just likely may be. From the news reports in the Trib, RedEye and SunTimes there was a record number of people at that parade.

• 2 weeks later...

7/8/11 10:29p

Upcoming Alert(s) For 7/10/11

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track(O-Hare-bound side) between Belmont and California. Board all trains on the O-Hare platform at the Logan Square Station. This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Blue Line.

Orange and Pink Line Riders: Delays Expected as trains will be operating Counterclockwise on the Outer Loop. Board/Exit Orange and Pink Line trains on the Brown Line side of the platforms.

First stop on the Orange Line will be Harold Washington Library/State/Van Buren, last stop will be Adams/Wabash.

First stop on the Pink Line will be Washington/Wells, last stop will be Clark/Lake.

This is due to structural maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Loop Elevated.

7/14/11 7:11p

Upcoming Alert For 7/17/11

Brown Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track(Kimball-bound side) between Addison and Southport. This is due to structural maintainance to ensure trains continue to operate safely on the Brown Line.

7/19/11 10:18a

Upcoming Alert(s) For 7/24/11

Orange and Pink Line Riders: Delays Expected as trains will be operating Counterclockwise on the Outer Loop. Board/Exit Orange and Pink Line trains on the Brown Line side of the platforms.

First stop on the Orange Line will be Adams/Wabash, last stop will be Harold Washington Library/State/Van Buren.

First stop on the Pink Line will be Washington/Wells, last stop will be Clark/Lake.

This is due to structural maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Loop Elevated.

***This Work Has Been Postponed Due To Excessive Heat. Trains Will Run Their Normal Routes***

7/21/11 5:25p

***Heat-Impacted Rail Alert***

Red Line Riders: Signifigant Delays due to track trouble in the area of Cermak. Trains are operating, but on a single track only.

Alternative Service(95th-bound): Consider using the #29 State Street bus as an alternative from the State Street Subway to 95th.

Alternative Service(Howard-bound): Consider using the Brown Line or Purple Line(Express) as an alternative to Fullerton or Belmont.

7/23/11 10:12a

***Storm-Impacted Multi-Line Rail Alert***

Red Line Riders: Service Suspension between 79th and 95th due to Severe Weather. Trains are only operating between Howard and 69th at this time.

Alternate Service-Red Line: Use # 29 State Buses and Shuttle Buses that are available to provide connecting service through the affected area(s)

Blue Line Riders: Service Suspension between Rosemont and O'Hare due to Inclement Weather. Trains are operating from Forest Park to Rosemont at this time.

Alternate Service-Blue Line: Shuttle Buses are available to provide connecting service from Rosemont to O'Hare.

Pink Line Riders: Service Suspension between Pulaski and 54th/Cermak due to Inclement Weather. Trains are only operating between the Loop and Pulaski at this time.

Alternate Service-Pink Line: Shuttle Buses are available to provide connecting service from Pulaski to 54th/Cermak.

• Upvote 1

7/27/11 1:08p

Red Line Riders: Signifigant Delays(Howard-bound trains) due to a sick passenger in the area of Chicago.

Again I hope he doesn't puke. If he does, there will be a picture in the CTA Tattler.

But, I'll reiterate, other than my remark above, I don't see the point of archiving this.

Again I hope he doesn't puke. If he does, there will be a picture in the CTA Tattler.

But, I'll reiterate, other than my remark above, I don't see the point of archiving this.

It's a rail alert, it causes delays of some degree to an "L" line. It will be put on here... If an alert is put up because a train ran over a beehive and the rail line is being delayed because an angry swarm of bees is attacking the passengers, it will be logged.

• Upvote 1

It's a rail alert, it causes delays of some degree to an "L" line. It will be put on here... If an alert is put up because a train ran over a beehive and the rail line is being delayed because an angry swarm of bees is attacking the passengers, it will be logged.

Then you better be exhaustive. Your accuracy can be checked against the CTA site, and as is the case in my business, only primary authority governs.

May as well log every time a Metra train is delayed because of a suicide by rail or some doufus went around the gates. That seems to happen about once a day. Let's not forget every time a UP line is stopped because of winds. Doesn't seem to happen on the other lines, though.

Then you better be exhaustive. Your accuracy can be checked against the CTA site, and as is the case in my business, only primary authority governs.

May as well log every time a Metra train is delayed because of a suicide by rail or some doufus went around the gates. That seems to happen about once a day. Let's not forget every time a UP line is stopped because of winds. Doesn't seem to happen on the other lines, though.

This is a CTA "L" Rail Service Alerts page, hence why it's under CTA > CTA Rail > Rail Service Alerts. But if you want to make a Metra Rail Service Alerts page, go ahead.

• Upvote 1

7/28/11 6:08p

***Multi-Line Rail Alert***

Red Line Riders: Signifigant Delays due to signal problems near Howard.

Purple Line Riders: Signifigant Delays due to signal problems near Howard.

Yellow Line Riders: Service Suspended due to signal problems near Howard.

Alternate Service-Yellow Line: Use #97 Skokie Bus

• Upvote 1

7/30/11 11:39a

Upcoming Alert(s) For 7/31/11

First stop on the Orange Line will be Adams/Wabash, last stop will be Harold Washington Library/State/Van Buren.

• Upvote 1

7/30/11 11:39a

Upcoming Alert(s) For 7/31/11

This sucker probably will go on for 6 months.

In the meantime, the Metra Electric was stopped because two people were killed near 82nd St. and Drexel.

Meanwhile, you ought to report all the slow zones on the Dan Ryan.

• Upvote 1