CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

There was a Blue Line derailment late this afternoon between Rosemont and O'Hare (in the tunnel approaching airport). Trains should be running between Forest Park and Rosemont only with shuttle buses between Resemont and the airport.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=8285263

I see that someone missed this one, but still is posting trivia.

8/13/11 4:59p

Upcoming Alert(s) For 8/14/11

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track(O-Hare-bound side) between Logan Square and Western. Board all trains on the O-Hare platform at the California Station. This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Blue Line.

8/17/11 2:16p

Blue Line Riders: Service Disruption between the Racine and Grand Stations due to Police activity. Trains are operating in two sections:

O'Hare Terminal to Grand Station and Forest Park Terminal to the Racine Station

Alternate Service: #56 Milwaukee Bus to provide connecting service through the affected area(s).

8/24/11 2:24p

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays due to Police Activity at Jackson. Trains in both directions are bypassing this station. Passengers can get off at Monroe and walk back to continue to their destination.

Update-2:49p: Bypass is due to a Bomb Threat made at the Jackson St. Blue Line Station. The pedway connecting the Blue Line to the Red Line has been closed, although Red Line Trains are not affected at this time.

Story link

8/25/11 10:56a

Upcoming Alert(s) For 8/28/11

Orange and Pink Line Riders: Delays Expected as trains will be operating Counterclockwise on the Outer Loop. Board/Exit Orange and Pink Line trains on the Brown Line side of the platforms.

First stop on the Orange Line will be Harold Washington Library/State/Van Buren, last stop will be Adams/Wabash.

First stop on the Pink Line will be Washington/Wells, last stop will be Clark/Lake.

This is due to structural maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Loop Elevated.

8/25/11 5:01p

Upcoming Alert for 8/27/11-8/28/11

Yellow Line Riders: Service Suspended for the weekend due to construction of a new station at Oakton St.

Alternate Service: Non-stop bus shuttles will replace rail service between Skokie and Howard. Alternate service is also available via the #97 Skokie Bus.

8/25/11 5:01p

Upcoming Alert for 8/27/11-8/28/11

Yellow Line Riders: Service Suspended for the weekend due to construction of a new station at Oakton St.

Alternate Service: Non-stop bus shuttles will replace rail service between Skokie and Howard. Alternate service is also available via the #97 Skokie Bus.

Also probably next weekend too, and the weekend after that....

Maybe not over the Labor Day weekend. Maybe over Labour Day.

9/8/11 7:45p

Upcoming Alert(s) For 9/11/11

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track(O-Hare-bound side) between Logan Square and Western. Board all trains on the O-Hare platform at the California Station. This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Blue Line.

9/8/11 7:45p

... between Logan Square and Western. ... This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Blue Line.

That (along with Davis to Dempster on the Purple Line) have been perpetual slow zones since before I can remember.

Are they going to fix that now? Naaah.

That (along with Davis to Dempster on the Purple Line) have been perpetual slow zones since before I can remember.

Are they going to fix that now? Naaah.

I seemed to recall reading something about eliminating slow zones on the Purple Line. It looks like two of the viaducts mentioned (Grove and Dempster) are in the stretch to which you referred (Davis to Dempster). That should help with the slow zone in that area.

There is also this explanation:

I seemed to recall reading something about eliminating slow zones on the Purple Line. It looks like two of the viaducts mentioned (Grove and Dempster) are in the stretch to which you referred (Davis to Dempster). That should help with the slow zone in that area.

CTA announced about 1-1/2 months ago that they let a contract to fix Greenleaf, Dempster, and Grove.

CTA announced about 1-1/2 months ago that they let a contract to fix Greenleaf, Dempster, and Grove.

Am I missing some subtext here? It appears Busjack cites the same reference as csl3407 cited. Is there some question as to whether the CTA really announced the replacement of three viaducts in Evanston or whether the replacements will actually happen? Or did Busjack intend to link to a different article with more or different information?

CSL's other reference - the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MUNp2-seoc - echoed and expanded on the info in the press release.

If there is a different angle to this info about the planned viaducts, I'm eager to hear it.

Am I missing some subtext here? ...

Maybe I was a bit obtuse. The two are similar in that both have been (in actuality) 6 mph slow zones for as far back as I remember.

CTA now says it is doing something about both, although it sure sounds like it is doing far less about the Blue Line around California one. I figure there it really needs something like the Pink Line reconstruction, although that apparently didn't prevent slow zones either

In the meantime, I am not (at the moment) questioning the three new viaducts in Evanston.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss some of the alerts, Busjack(if I catch them as they are happening, I log them). Like the one today that impacted the Red, Purple and Yellow Lines. Signal problems again at Howard. This seems to be an ongoing issue there... these are the days where signal problems occured at that location in 2011 thus far...

-Sep. 30

-Jul. 28

-Feb. 1*

*=Blizzard of 2011 related issue

• 2 weeks later...

10/15/11 11:45a

Upcoming Alert(s) For 10/16/11

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track(Forest Park-bound side) between Western(O-Hare Branch) and Logan Square. Board all trains on the Forest Park platform at the California Station. This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Blue Line.