CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

5/24/12 4:09p

***Red Line North Station Interim Improvement Project Alert***

Red Line Riders: Effective June 1, 2012 @ 11:59p until July 13, 2012 @ 11:59p, the Granville Station will temporarily close for reconstruction to improve the station.

Alternate Service:

-Red Line service is available via the Loyola or Thorndale Stations located three blocks from the Granville Station

-#36 Broadway, #147 Outer Drive Express, and #151 Sheridan Buses are also available as alternates.

5/24/12 5:51p

Brown, Green, Orange & Pink Line Riders: Minor Delays due to switching problems at Lake/Wells. Brown and Purple Line trains will operate on the same track. The first stop for Purple Line trains will be Washington/Wells. All other Loop trains are affected as well.

5/24/12 6:36p

Pink Line Riders: Service Suspended in the Loop. Trains are only operating from 54th to Ashland due to switching problems at the Lake/Wells Junction. For continuing service to the Loop, transfer at Ashland/Lake to a 63rd bound Green Line train. To reach Pink Line stations south and west of Ashland/Lake from downtown, use a Harlem bound Green Line train to Ashland and transfer to Pink Line trains there.

5/24/12 6:46p

Brown, Green, Orange and Purple Line trains. Major Delays due to switching problems at Lake/Wells. Brown and Purple line trains continue to share the Outer Loop tracks. Platforms may become crowded due to the backup of trains.

5/25/12 11:24a

Active Alert for 5/25-5/26/12

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays as trains will operate on the same track between Austin and Kedzie-Homan. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park bound side of the platform at the Cicero and Pulaski stations. This is due to track maintenance to ensure safe operation of trains on the Blue Line.

5/25/12 11:51a

Upcoming Alert for 6/1 @ 10p, 6/2, 6/3 and early morning 6/4/12

***Loop-Renewal Rail Alerts***

Brown, Orange and Pink Line Riders: Planned Reroute for Loop-Renewal Project

Brown and Orange Lines:

Trains will operate as one route, between Kimball and Midway running in both directions via the Lake and Wabash sides of the Loop Elevated. Transfers to/from the Blue Line Subway may be made at Clark/Lake and to/from the Red Line Subway at State/Lake* or Roosevelt.

Pink Line:

Trains will begin/end their trips at Roosevelt station. Transfers to/from the Blue Line Subway may be made at Clark/Lake and to/from the Red Line Subway at State/Lake* or Roosevelt.

Green Line Trains are not affected and will operate normally in both directions via Lake and Wabash.

*= Farecard required for transfer at these stations

5/25/12 5:47p

Brown and Purple Line Riders: Minor Delays due to mechanical problems near Wellington. Trains are not stopping at Wellington and Diversey on Loop bound trains only. Kimball and Linden bound trains continue to stop at these stations.

Alternate Service:

-Loop bound passengers traveling to Wellington or Diversey, stay on the train to Fullerton, then transfer to a Kimball(Brown) or Linden(Purple) bound train to travel to these stations.

-Loop bound passengers traveling from Wellington or Diversey, board a train from Wellington or Diversey toward Kimball(Brown) or Linden(Purple) and exit at Belmont, and transfer to a Loop bound train there.

-Passengers that use Wellington can also travel to the Belmont station, located 1/4 mile north of Wellington.

5/25/12 7:42p

Upcoming Alert for 6/1/12 @ 10p, 6/2, 6/3 and early morning 6/4/12

Red Line Riders: 95th bound trains will not stop at Jarvis, Morse or Loyola stations.

Alternate Service:

-For service from these stations, take a Howard bound train to Howard and transfer to a 95th bound train

-For service to these stations, take a 95th bound train to Thorndale and transfer to a Howard bound train

This is due to viaduct work that is part of the Red Line North Station Interim Improvement Project.

5/26/12 12:09p

Upcoming Alert for 6/8/12 @ 8:30p, 6/9, 6/10, and early morning 6/11/12

Purple Line Riders: Service Suspended between the Howard and Davis stations. Trains will operate between Davis and Linden only.

Alternate Service:

-Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between the Howard and Davis stations.

This is due to the replacement of the Greenleaf St. Viaduct with a new bridge span.

I see that someone didn't post the track fire on the South Main yesterday, nor the building fire today at Sheffield and Fullerton.

As Channel 7 said:

For the latest information on train service, visit CTA's website.

I suggest that all of you who were inconvenienced by the lack of notification here register and make your concerns known below.

I see that someone didn't post the track fire on the South Main yesterday, nor the building fire today at Sheffield and Fullerton.

As Channel 7 said:

I suggest that all of you who were inconvenienced by the lack of notification here register and make your concerns known below.

Well, I do work outside of logging the alerts all the time. If I see them, I log them. But thank you for logging these two, Busjack... it was nice of you to contribute to this thread. Much obliged!!!

That was a nightmare yesterday. I left work at 5:00 to get home to take over a work-related conference call/webinar at 6:00. I got off the Green Line at Lake because the trains north weren't running. I spent over an hour trying -- and failing -- to get a cab. And I couldn't get in a bus because they were crammed with people who couldn't get a train or a cab.

Arrived home in Andersonville at 7:15.

And the smoke just north of Fullerton was still so thick you couldn't see out the window...yikes....poor guy...I hope he has really good insurance. :(

I've been thinking of modifying the rail alerts that get posted. Let me know which format is better:

Current Alert Format:

6/5/12 1:25a

***Test Alert... Not An Actual Alert***

Red Line Riders: Service Disruption due to zombies near Chicago.

New Alert Format:

6/25/12 1:25a

***Test Alert... Not An Actual Alert***

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red Line

Service Interruption Severity: Service Disruption

Description Of Interruption(s): Service halted due to zombies near Chicago.

Which one looks more better?

6/9/12 11:31a

Upcoming Alert for 6/15 @ 10p, 6/16, 6/17 and early morning 6/18/12

***Loop-Renewal Rail Alerts***

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown, Orange, Pink

Service Interruption Severity: Planned Reroute for Loop-Renewal Project

Brown and Orange Lines:

Trains will operate as one route, between Kimball and Midway running in both directions via the Lake and Wabash sides of the Loop Elevated. Transfers to/from the Blue Line Subway may be made at Clark/Lake and to/from the Red Line Subway at State/Lake* or Roosevelt.

Pink Line:

Trains will begin/end their trips at Roosevelt station. Transfers to/from the Blue Line Subway may be made at Clark/Lake and to/from the Red Line Subway at State/Lake* or Roosevelt.

Green Line Trains are not affected and will operate normally in both directions via Lake and Wabash.

*= Farecard required for transfer at these stations

6/9/12 11:37a

Upcoming Alert for 6/15/12 @ 10p, 6/16, 6/17 and early morning 6/18/12

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Service Interruption Severity: Howard bound trains will not stop at Bryn Mawr, Thorndale, Loyola, Morse or Jarvis stations.

Alternate Service:

-A Shuttle Train will operate between Berwyn and Thorndale

-For service to Loyola, Morse or Jarvis stations, take a Howard-bound train to Howard and transfer to a 95th bound train.

-For service to Bryn Mawr or Thorndale stations, transfer at Berwyn to the Shuttle Train

-For service from Bryn Mawr, Thorndale, Loyola, Morse or Jarvis stations, take a 95th bound train to Berwyn and transfer to a Howard bound train

This is due to viaduct work and track renewal that is part of the Red Line North Station Interim Improvement Project.

6/11/12 11:29a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Service Interruption Severity: Effective June 29, 2012 @ 11:59p until August 10, 2012 @ 11:59p, the Morse Station will temporarily close for reconstruction to improve the station.

Alternate Service:

-Red Line service is available via the Loyola or Jarvis Stations located eight blocks from the Morse Station

-#155 Devon Buses are available between Morse and Loyola, #147 Outer Drive Express, and #151 Sheridan Buses are also available to connect to Loyola or as alternate service.

6/12/12 10:27a

Upcoming Alert for 6/22/12 @ 8:30p, 6/23, 6/24, and early morning 6/25/12

Rail Line(s) Affected: Purple:

Service Interruption Severity: Service Suspended between the Howard and Davis stations. Trains will operate between Davis and Linden only.

Alternate Service:

-Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between the Howard and Davis stations, stopping on Chicago Ave. at South Blvd, Main St. and Dempster St. at the bus stops normally used by the #205 Bus.

-@ Howard: Board buses at the intersection of Chicago Ave and Main St. Northbound stop on Northeast corner, Southbound stop on Northwest corner

-@ Dempster: Board buses at the intersection of Chicago Ave and Dempster St. Northbound stop on Souteast corner, Southbound stop on Northwest corner.

-@ Davis: Board Southbound buses on Benson Ave outside the Davis "L" Station.

This is due to the replacement of the Greenleaf St. Viaduct with a new bridge span.