New Flyers (1000) In Service.

jesi2282

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are at least 3 in service currently: #1002, #1004, and #1005. They operate on the #62 Archer.

As of today, #1004 is temporarily out of service due to an apparent mechanical issue. (It's normal for new buses to sometimes have bugs initially.)

#1000 was only was Prototype. #1001 & 1003, i don't know about.

We have all the other prototype bus models. 4400, 5300, 5800, 6000, 6400, and 7500(if it came back from NABI when they sent it for inspection).  So why is 1000 missing? And I have a strange feeling that 1001 and 1003 are not coming at all or have come but something serious happened with them that the CTA doesn't want to mention to the public.  The CTA have refused buses before in the past.  9800 was refused and that series actually started with 9801, one other 9800 was refused but returned later as a 1986 model, not a 1983.  I wonder if 1004 breaking down so soon might've caused the CTA to halt New Flyer productions.  Maybe something serious happened like the engine blew up(I heard one or two NOVA's did this), or something else.  If that's the case, I really wish these bus manufactuers would stop with the cheap labor!!!

SW-What's the explanation for 7504 being in the delivery yard off 77th Street at the same time as 7721? (I saw them both there in March 2005.) Or the contemporaneous (and I believe accurate) report in the Yahoo group:

Cta cannot be numbering the 60LFW in order, or thay are arriving in a

strange order.  NABI are reporting 23 delvered in Q3 and 1 in H1 2003

yet the vehicles I have seen on the 14 range from 7520 to 7568.

Or even why 6470-6549 were delivered before the others, and in both cases, some higher numbered buses were transferred after the lower ones were received (7550-7569 from 103 to NP, and 6517 to 6549 from 77th to Archer)?

Looking at the photos of #1002 on this site, the current delivery of New Flyers are coming with Luminator Horizon LED display signs. However, the CTA chose not to take advantage of their two-line capabilities like Pace did with the Horizons on their recent NABI's.

When will the 1000's come to Chicago Garage?

A handful of the 1000's will be assigned there this fall. Most of the first order of 1000's will be assigned to the Archer and Kedzie garages. And of that handful of Chicago-Garage-assigned 1000's, expect them to run primarily on Routes #53, #66 and #72.

No...you're wrong, RJL6000, Kedzie is supposed to get those Buses LAST

The problem with that is distribution of low-floor buses. Chicago Garage already has plenty of low-floor standard-length buses from Nova, while the only low-floor buses assigned to Kedzie are a group of NABI articulateds.

Although if Chicago Garage does get the 1000's before Kedzie does, there is a strong possibility that some of Chicago Garage's 6400-series Novas will be reassigned to Kedzie - just as some of Archer's 6400's will be reassigned to 74th when Archer receives enough 1000's to cover base service, as 74th currently has no low-floor buses at all whatsoever (74th operates primarily 6000-series Flxibles, with a few 4400-series RTS's mixed in).

Why are you Talking about Me and SW4400, Busjack!? I'm tired of you being Mean to People and Myself...you act like you know a lot...this ain't a KNOW FOR SURE thread, it's a WE'RE GUSSING Thred...and why are Talking about People's POOR Grammar...what about you? You ain't perfect, either...do YOU have a Problem with People?? I swear...People sometimes...so what if were "defaming" New Flyer!? Maybe they ARE Bad....and RJL6000, maybe you are right....

Cool, but you said you saw it on route #127, I thought they only ran #62 (for now).

#1009 was running on #127 only because extra buses were needed, and there weren't enough older buses available to make all runs.

At this time, the 1000's operate primarily on the #62 Archer route. After the next 10 buses are delivered, the 1000's will begin running on the #49 and X49 Western routes.

There is an awful lot of misinformation on this thread. Speculation has been transformed into fact, including by one who said "Oh....I quited CTA" and the other who defamed the assemblers of 1003.

I'm not really sure why you interpret my post as defaming to the New Flyer Bus Corporation.  I have no issue with them, but why are you so quick to jump down my throat and buslover88's? We are just expressing opinion, like you, jesi2282, Kevin, and all the other people of chicagobus.org do in every post.

It's an opinion.... everybody is entitled to one, OK? :)

BTW(By The Way): Show me where I proved something about New Flyer Bus #1003... I mentioned that we may not be getting #1000, #1001, and #1003 because we got #1002, #1004, and #1005 as our first buses in this order.  IMO(In My Opinion), when they finish painting the buses at the Manufacturer, they put on the numbers, which is why I always thought #1000, 1001, etc.... would come first.  Look at the TMC Delivery list, we got them starting with 4400 and 4401 and ending with 4875... all in numerical order, BTW(By The Way).  I'm sure if I could find the Flxible Metro lists, the same would hold true for them and the 5800 series New Flyers.

Am I a little clearer for you now, Busjack?