New Flyers (1000) In Service.

jesi2282

You are incorrect. There are 265 on order. There are options for more, but as of now, only 265 are firm...so not all garages will necessarily have New Flyers.

With the announcement today that another 185 options are being picked up for delivery this year, this may indicate that by the end of the year there will be a more even distribution of new buses (a total of 450 new ones). Apparently the 185 are all diesel.

Those of you with "farewell Flxible" signatures will have to update them.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm Confused, we're only get 51 Regular New Flyers? I thought there was 265. I think the Buses will come to 77th & 103rd, as they are the only two Southside Garages that have the 5300's. If there is only 426 Fixibles left, what will happen to #1426-1430?

I'm Confused, we're only get 51 Regular New Flyers? I thought there was 265. I think the Buses will come to 77th & 103rd, as they are the only two Southside Garages that have the 5300's. If there is only 426 Fixibles left, what will happen to #1426-1430?

No, thats how many buses are here today, the order is not completed yet. There are 265 on order, once again; the order is not completed!

Oh, and can some please tell me which garges are getting them?

Probably not 103rd, because of the Optima Opus, currently on order.

I don't know what garage it came from, but I saw a #X49 bus today on Western that was a new 1000-series.

The 1000-series are better than the Flxibles and the TMC's, but they don't compare to the NOVAs in my book. Supposedly, quite a few CTA bus drivers agree (easier control layout on the NOVA).

I'm 0 for 3 in getting on a 1000 Series New Flyer bus so far...

I got off the Addison bus after 3p earlier in the week and lo-and-behold across the street going in the direction I needed to go in was #1054!!!  The light was with me, and I thought I would finally get a chance to ride one.  But no, I couldn't as the bus was a freakin' sardine due to the Lane Tech kids being let out.  The driver opened the doors to allow me on, but one look in there and I just shook my head and backed away. :(

I hate how this H.S has 500+ kids cluttering up numerous buses between 3p and 4p!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

The Flxible Metros and the TMC RTS buses are alot better looking buses than these New Flyer D40LF's. It's hard enough for me that Milwaukee is 100% New Flyer. The GM Old-Looks and Fishbowls, Flxible New-Looks and the Orion V buses are the best.

They have at least 68 buses now.

Logic... logic...
Just last week, I was on 1068 going SB on the #62 bus.
I saw 1083 on 49 yesterday. Also, there seemed to be a lot of Novas parked on the aprons at Archer Garage. Speculation-->they don't need so many of them, while a lot of 5300s were running on 77 and 103 garage routes yesterday, so some of the Novas may be moving. 49 was about 60% New Flyer and 40% Nova (surveying the length from 79th to Berwyn).

With the quick arrival of New Flyers at Acher, it shouldn't be to long when we stat seeing them in Kedzie which has been getting ignrored in terms of new buses, not counting the NABIs. Sme thing with 74th and 103rd especially. With the Flyers, we're seeing Archer and Chicago get buses while 74th and 103rd get ignored. I mean come on to be fair Chicago and Archer got Novas, so why should they get new buses again while these two get second hand buses from other garages and 5300s at that from what I saw in previous posts.

it shouldn't be to long when we start seeing them in Kedzie  

Hold on, I think Kedzie is Supposed and/or I think should get the 1000s last.  103rd has the 7500 Series as Low-Floors, which ARE sort of new. I think Chicago (my Nearest Garage) should have kept the TMCs and gotten some Fixible 6000s & some NABIs here too. I've never rode a NABI. Now 74th, should have gotten 77th NABIs, as they have been Ingored for 10 Years+. Archer should not have gotten the Flyers, but instead 4400s or 6000s. The first 100 1000s should have been at 74th...

Keyword: Should

I seen 1083 on 62 today. I guess they move them around the different Archer routes. I also seen a Flyer on 94. I didn't get the number but it seems they are running newer buses on this route, unlike when i lived a block from California. They used to seem to run the oldest equipment on the route and it made me mad