New Flyers (1000) In Service.

jesi2282

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took a ride on the 62 on State Street, bus 1085. Enroute, I saw 1096 stopped at State and Washington.

I was trying to figure out just what it felt like as I was riding. I came to the conclusion that it was a cross of an MAN Americana and a new Nova, with better pick up than either one. These buses have some serious spunk to them. Now if they only had some seats. I got on at State and Lake and by State and Monroe, just about all of the seats were gone.

Looks like Kedzie will be the next garage to get 1000s. I saw 1072 operating as a training bus yesterday and Sunday with run number K997.
That is usually the sign, as that's what tipped off that FG was getting Novas (it had a couple of Chicago ones on training runs about a month before) and NP getting NABIs (although there wasn't any doubt about that). buslover will be p.o.ed, but RJL said that Kedzie would receive them first, since it had the oldest equipment (the most 5300s to be replaced and only a few articulated low floors) and I had said that Kedzie was the only garage that had 5300s that met the service standards for immediate replacement in place (due to the average age of the fleet assigned there).

Anyway, do they have all new style seating, just the old style, or a mix of old and new seats?

The 1000's delivered so far all have the old-style seats. They will be retrofitted with at least some new-style seats after some of the buses in the second order of 1000's are delivered.

If Chicago gets the New Flyer before Kedzie does, will some of Chicago's NOVA's go to Kedzie?

As RIPTA42 said, Kedzie will be getting the 1000's before Chicago does. And as I suspect, Kedzie will be getting the remainder of the first order of 1000's (1120's to 1244) -- while the Chicago Garage will be getting the first buses in the second order of 1000's (beginning with 1245), to begin delivery following the delivery of #1244.

As for the DE40LF's (series to be determined), most will be assigned to the Chicago Garage (though a few may be assigned to North Park).

I saw bus 1114 on the #12 Roosevelt route today.

As it stands now, the dividing line between the Archer-assigned 1000's and the Kedzie-assigned 1000's is roughly bus number 1112, seeing that 1110 has been confirmed to be assigned to the Archer Garage, while Route #12 (the one that I saw 1114 on) is a Kedzie Garage-controlled route.

Today I saw a New Flyer from Kedzie Garage on Route #82, The bus number was 1120.

The same one I rode last night. I was surprised at how different they seem inside from the 5800s. I thought I was on a NABI until I noticed the number; I didn't even realize it was 40' long until after I got off!

As RIPTA42 said, Kedzie will be getting the 1000's before Chicago does. And as I suspect, Kedzie will be getting the remainder of the first order of 1000's (1120's to 1244) -- while the Chicago Garage will be getting the first buses in the second order of 1000's (beginning with 1245), to begin delivery following the delivery of #1244.

As for the DE40LF's (series to be determined), most will be assigned to the Chicago Garage (though a few may be assigned to North Park).

Which Garages Will The Kedzie 6000's Go To