• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My comments were based on the following:

No...you're wrong, RJL6000, Kedzie is supposed to get those Buses LAST

So why is 1000 missing? And I have a strange feeling that 1001 and 1003 are not coming at all or have come but something serious happened with them that the CTA doesn't want to mention to the public.  ...  Maybe something serious happened like the engine blew up(I heard one or two NOVA's did this), or something else.  If that's the case, I really wish these bus manufactuers would stop with the cheap labor!!!
Now we are told:

this ain't a KNOW FOR SURE thread, it's a WE'RE GUSSING Thred

We are just expressing opinion...
There is a difference between fact and opinion. Wikipedia sez:

A statement of fact or a factual claim is a statement that is presented as an accurate representation of a situation, event, or condition, and that is capable of being either proved or disproved.

An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. An opinion is not a fact, because opinions are not falsifiable.

Black's Law Dictionary defines defamation as
1. The act of harming the reputation of another by making a false statement to a third person. ...  2. A false written or oral statement that damages another's reputation.
Now, I submit that what I said happened here.

I would have no problem if buslover said "I think Chicago should get them before Kedzie." I said 74th should get them first. That's opinion. But how can you say RJL is WRONG if you are just "GUSSING?"

Similarly sw starts off with an incorrect premise (you never disproved my statement that the 6400s and 7500s were not delivered in fleet order, and those are the 2 most recent examples), and then make the assertion (that requires some innuendo to get there) that bus manufacturers use cheap labor, simply from the two verifiable facts that 1001 and 1003 had not yet been seen and there were quality complaints about NABI. In short you made representations regarding their reputation that had a shaky basis.

I have always admitted that I am an outsider (my job is writing law books) and have tried to base factual statements on my observations or verifiable sources.

We have trusted chicagobus.org, because it has been the only verifiable source of such facts as that 7800 ever existed.

Enough said...

I will admit this much, Busjack.... I might've been a little wrong about the whole "Cheap Labor" thing.  I posted that based on Kevin's post about 1004 having mechanical issues and being brand new almost.  Maybe they did deliver the NOVA's and subsequent later bus order in non-numerical order.  But like you, Busjack I require proof.  You give me a link to the delivery lists of the NOVA's and the other later Bus Orders, and I'll believe your opinion(that's what I'm calling it until I see proof) about these buses coming in out of numerical order.  Remember this.... 77th also has a Heavy Maintainance Garage nearby.  The Buses you saw there (7504 and 7721) might've been there for repairs or may be assigned to 77th Street.  

I can report only what I saw at the time. There is a delivery area at the corner of 77th and Perry on the 77th side, and 7504 and 7721 were sitting side by side with a plastic cover over the CTA logo.

There is also a junk area on the Perry side, where as of 2 weeks ago, 7520 was sitting with its front caved in. I don't know if it is still there, but you can go to 77th Street and verify it, one way or the other. On the other hand, you state rumors, etc., and then expect others to find the evidence, and then make stunning leaps from those assumptions.

The delivery lists, if they only have serial numbers, don't prove anything other than that the serial numbers correspond to the fleet numbers. If the lists indicate the exact delivery date, of course, that would prove something. However, I don't have an in with NABI, New Flyer, or CTA, and assume that you don't either. Thus, anything I say is based on what I see on the street. And you haven't paid me to be your photographer.

P.S. A link isn't conclusive, either. Remember the discussion of the Pace M.A.N. bus. I saw the picture that jessi saw, it existed at some time. But I predict that if you ask anyone in the suburbs, or better yet, go there yourself, no one will have seen an actual bus. When I saw the picture on Pace's site, I went to Naperville, thinking that maybe they replaced the school buses there, but it turned out that the school buses were replaced by other school buses that had lifts.

There was a similar controversy over Pace 6156 to 6161. No one saw them until after the 2003 NABIs were on the street. The Bus Rosters Page has them as 2002s (and did back to 2003, at least as I remember). The Pace Budget has them as 2004s. I don't have an in with Pace; do you have an explanation? (An obvious rhetorical question.) And if you don't believe that there was a controversy over this at that time, go to Yahoo Groups: Chicagoland Transit Forum, and by clicking on the link I provided (which searches for 6161) you will find a thread on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I am STILL trying to find the 1000's on #X49. Do they run on any other of Archer's Routes? By the way, this is meaning the Buses will be coming to Chicago in a Couple Months.

IM STILL trying to find one on route 49!! And yes they are as i heard, are on other random archer routes.

I noticed something interesting on #1012 last night. The bus was heading north on the #62 Archer. The destination sign was scrolling "The New CTA Bus - 61 Seats." Problem is the New Flyers do not have 61 seats. That sign was created for the 7500 NABIs and was being used on this bus for some strange reason.

I noticed something interesting on #1012 last night. The bus was heading north on the #62 Archer. The destination sign was scrolling "The New CTA Bus - 61 Seats." Problem is the New Flyers do not have 61 seats. That sign was created for the 7500 NABIs and was being used on this bus for some strange reason.

with that said, I've seen it on a 5800 and a 6000 last year...bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

One day last week I got to ride NF # 1027 eastbound on route 35 35th St. I sat in a seat facing the rear door and noticed the skinny window "north" of the door on the passenger side is not on this model. I also thought the engine seemed quieter inside the bus than on the 5800s. I don't know about the transmission on the 1000s but I think they make the bus less smooth.