7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

12 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

Does Route 77 have the highest ridership out of all of the FG routes?

According to the Ridership Report (Feb 2016) it looks that way, with daily ridership of 21.993. Diversey, Irving Park and Lawrence are about half that, although Lawrence is shorter.

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Usually they average about 5th or 6th highest. It's the highest at FG. I believe the #9 has the highest bus ridership in the system.

Yes, it does barely beat out 79 (combining 9 and X9).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, patman119 said:

There are a few tweets like that on Twitter. People often think the bus is lost. LOL.

There was a similar YouTube about a Pace bus that "looked newly painted" in a truck stop in Flagstaff AZ. After I left a comment that that was the most logical delivery route from the Riverside CA plant to South Holland, the video was deleted. I guess they found out what they wanted.

These types of situations basically show that folks don't stop to realize that buses are basically never manufactured in the same city or metro area as the TA that they serve and therefore need to be driven the often times several hundred miles between the plant and the TA's home area. The exceptions to that dynamic of course are the rare cases of a manufacturer having a plant in a city with some form of bus transit service and having a contract with that TA. 

23 minutes ago, jajuan said:

These types of situations basically show that folks don't stop to realize that buses are basically never manufactured in the same city or metro area as the TA that they serve and therefore need to be driven the often times several hundred miles between the plant and the TA's home area. The exceptions to that dynamic of course are the rare cases of a manufacturer having a plant in a city with some form of bus transit service and having a contract with that TA. 

Somehow, Plattsbirgh NY, St. Cloud Minn., and Anniston Ala.* don't hit me as big metropolises.

*Reference to a post on why a Detroit DOT X-60 was seen near Atlanta.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Somehow, Plattsbirgh NY, St. Cloud Minn., and Anniston Ala.* don't hit me as big metropolises.

*Reference to a post on why a Detroit DOT X-60 was seen near Atlanta.

Well I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Canadian connection among the manufacturers. 

15 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Well I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Canadian connection among the manufacturers. 

Yes, but there's still the Buy America Act, Final assembly has to be done in the U.S.

If you were making a point about TTC or STM, St. Eustache Quebec isn't that close to Toronto (is to Montreal).

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

Yes, but there's still the Buy America Act, Final assembly has to be done in the U.S.

True, but to again clarify further I wasn't thinking strictly about US transit services in that part of the post.

Can't remember if 8081 was mentioned as being sidelined on the OOS list, but I found an ABC 7 Eyewitness News story from three weeks ago that gives some insight into what happened to it. It was shot at early that morning by some idiot near 85th Street while on an N9 run heading southbound on Ashland to the 95th Red Line station. No one was hurt thank goodness, but the bus came away with a hole at the landing by the door. 

31 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Can't remember if 8081 was mentioned as being sidelined on the OOS list, but I found an ABC 7 Eyewitness News story from three weeks ago that gives some insight into what happened to it. It was shot at early that morning by some idiot near 85th Street while on an N9 run heading southbound on Ashland to the 95th Red Line station. No one was hurt thank goodness, but the bus came away with a hole at the landing by the door. 

Not sure I remember that one, but a bicyclist getting away seems kind of tough.

45 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Not sure I remember that one, but a bicyclist getting away seems kind of tough.

I agree. It should be almost as tough as for those who try to get away on foot in similar events (firing guns at people or vehicles with people inside) and are reported as being caught by police somewhere nearby a short time later. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

That's nuts, that sounds like some kid screwing around. At least the shield is supposed to be bulletproof, can't say that for the riders though.

Just now, BusHunter said:

That's nuts, that sounds like some kid screwing around. At least the shield is supposed to be bulletproof, can't say that for the riders though.

And from what I gathered from the story, fortunately no one was reported shot or otherwise injured from this unknown clown shooting at the bus.

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of #8224, #8226 and #8227. Today for the first time, there seemed about 80 percent #8200's on the #77. According to what I figured looking at mathstracker and what I observed, I come up 22 #8200's and 6 #6400's on the #77 this afternoon. These #6400's are becoming an endangered species at least on the #77, I think soon like within a week we may  not be seeing any #6400's on the #77. The buses they have at SS should easily cover what's left on #77. There's something wrong/defect with #8226 maybe our eagle eyed members can tell us what it is.

#8224:

cta 8224 front on 77.PNG

cta 8224 side on 77.PNG

cta 8224 rear on 77.PNG

#8226:

cta 8226 front on 77.PNG

cta 8226 rear on 77.PNG

#8227:

cta 8227 front  on 77.PNG

cta 8227 rear on 77.PNG

• Upvote 2