7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Here's a shot of #8215 from today.

cta 8215 on 77 east end.PNG

Ghost buses on the #77 this afternoon included #8201, #8202, #8203, #8204, #8208, and the ones appearing #8207 and #8215. I notice alot of the ghost buses were harlem pullins today or trippers like they are trying not to run the ghosts not so much and also they were separated by 3 or 4 buses to not make the tracker have such big gaps because that is misleading to riders. Didn't see #8210 maybe it has a problem. #8214 wasn't there either from the 3rd yard. #8206 so far has ran that same defective bus sign it had now for at least 3 days. It was mia today. I can only hope they'll fix it. If they intend to run it only on belmont why not give it a paper sign?

• Upvote 4

On 6/6/2016 at 11:19 PM, BusHunter said:

Probably CTA could stand to lower the letter size. Then maybe they could fit LK Shore/Diversey on one sign. Don't know why it's so big. The street name should always have the biggest letters as that's what you want to convey. This is a Belmont bus. Maybe they think we are blind. Don't know what people did in the 70's and 80's as the roll sign destinations were much smaller. Maybe they took out their binoculars to read the destination. xD

{Psst. @BusHunter, check out this previously mentioned reply from wolfman [R.I.P.].}

55 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yes but that shouldn't be trumping a new bus. If it trumps a new bus what will it be doing in 5 years?

I see you're taking my post out of context there. The A/Cs have been working fine lately. But like with ANY bus, if you're sitting on the sun side with the sun shining through at the right angle on a really sunny day, you're going to feel some of that warmth amplified a bit through the window, but not sauna level warm. Hence my joke back there, which you guys got a little too literal minded there to catch apparently. 

#8220 #8221 #8222 #8223 #8225 #8226 and #8227 have arrived. #8023 will be resuming service tomorrow. #8211 #8213 #8216 #8217 #8218 and #8219 will arrive at Forest Glen tomorrow. I don't know what's the deal with #8212 and #8246 because they are still at the shop. Also, #8194 is at the shop but no timetable of beginning service so far.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#8220 #8221 #8222 #8223 #8225 #8226 and #8227 have arrived. #8023 will be resuming service tomorrow. #8211 #8213 #8216 #8217 #8218 and #8219 will arrive at Forest Glen tomorrow. I don't know what's the deal with #8212 and #8246 because they are still at the shop. Also, #8194 is at the shop but no timetable of beginning service so far.  

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info. It's good to know someone has our back on the south side. This is what makes a good team. Still don't know what happened to #8209??? I'm sort of shocked all these buses are coming in so quickly, but with the combined 3 months hiatus between #8197 and #8200 it has allowed Novabus to build up to at least #8246. I wouldn't be surprised if up to #8249 is done since they like to build in batches of 50. Maybe things will slow down once they get to #8250 but it's good for FG to get the first 50 quickly. That should allow almost half the yard to be updated and probably they can think about removing #6400 buses on the weekends especially on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Here's shots of #8210 in it's first day in service. We had a buffet of buses in this 4 pack. A #6400, #1007 and #8210 and #8200. When they all pulled into belmont/blue the 3rd one's back half stuck out in the street.

#8210:

cta 8210 front on 77.PNG

cta 8210 on 77 6-14.PNG

Mr. McMahon is so pleased with this images, @BusHunter, and you as well @garmon757. His spokesman(one of many) had this message to share to you both about these awesome shots....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Mr. McMahon is so please with this images, @BusHunter, and you as well @garmon757. His spokesman(one of many) had this message to share to you both about these awesome shots....

Now if only I could get the hulkster to share his millions with me. Unfortunately he may not be receiving too much himself. Gawker has filed for bankruptcy.

3 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

8023 is back but anybody know the status of 8090? Was that bus in really bad shape? Still haven't seen that bus since I been over here at 74th garage.

#8090 hit into a building if memory serves. If it ended up anything like #1482, we may not see it for a long while. I don't know as I haven't seen damage photos. When did #8023 disappear from service? The only two I have gone are #8090 from 74th and #8194 from Chicago(the latter of which may be returning soon).

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Thanks for the info. It's good to know someone has our back on the south side. This is what makes a good team. Still don't know what happened to #8209??? I'm sort of shocked all these buses are coming in so quickly, but with the combined 3 months hiatus between #8197 and #8200 it has allowed Novabus to build up to at least #8246. I wouldn't be surprised if up to #8249 is done since they like to build in batches of 50. Maybe things will slow down once they get to #8250 but it's good for FG to get the first 50 quickly. That should allow almost half the yard to be updated and probably they can think about removing #6400 buses on the weekends especially on Sunday.

I wouldn't bet on production slowing down because you have to think about the SEPTA Nova Buses production getting back on track after some bs was occurring that interfered with multiple transit agencies from receiving their new buses from the plant in time. #8209 should be at Forest Glen because it's not at the shop. Also, there are two undisclosed Novas inside the shop for maintenance and repairs (a possibility #8090 is inside???). Other than that, I really appreciate your comment and you're very welcome. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

I wouldn't bet on production slowing down because you have to think about the SEPTA Nova Buses production getting back on track after some bs was occurring that interfered with multiple transit agencies from receiving their new buses from the plant in time. #8209 should be at Forest Glen because it's not at the shop. Also, there are two undisclosed Novas inside the shop for maintenance and repairs (a possibility #8090 is inside???). Other than that, I really appreciate your comment and you're very welcome. 

Just as you predicted #8216 and #8218 are on the #77 this morning. I don't know how you tell if something is going out. I'll look for #8209 my next trip to the glen. It's strange about production, first they say it will take a whole year to produce the 125 buses. Then they crank out 50 buses just like that. If it does take until next spring for the 125 it might be because of breaks between batches. Maybe the last 25 will be at a snails pace because they don't seem to deliver so quickly when the order is below 50. Probably they are using one assembly line then.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Just as you predicted #8216 and #8218 are on the #77 this morning. I don't know how you tell if something is going out. I'll look for #8209 my next trip to the glen. It's strange about production, first they say it will take a whole year to produce the 125 buses. Then they crank out 50 buses just like that. If it does take until next spring for the 125 it might be because of breaks between batches. Maybe the last 25 will be at a snails pace because they don't seem to deliver so quickly when the order is below 50. Probably they are using one assembly line then.

Well, I hope the rest of the delivery runs smoothly without problems. When I see buses lined up by the building (as shown in the photo), it indicates that they're going back to their respective garages either the same day (night) or the next day. 

image.jpeg

On 6/14/2016 at 9:11 AM, BusHunter said:

OMG!! They fixed the #8200's ghost bus syndrome. They are all appearing on maths tracker. #8210 is out there today too. 

Seemed to been fixed by Monday as Monday evening had the tracker showing 8200 on, you guessed it, the #77.

47 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Seemed to been fixed by Monday as Monday evening had the tracker showing 8200 on, you guessed it, the #77.

That's why I'm not really holding my breath on a first ride on an 8200-Series Nova anytime soon. Until they start appearing on #152 and #80 in a decent number(decent being 3-5), then there's a chance.... but if it's just 1-2, the odds are there, but more like winning Powerball. When I got to be somewhere, I can't wait 28 minutes for #8205 to show up at my stop.

9 minutes ago, cta5658 said:

Question: How long do you think it'll be when they'll start showing up on the #56?

Depends on whether it is just a random assignment by the dispatcher (soon) or there is some reason (like on Ashland) to assign them to Belmont, in which case, it might take 40 buses to take care of that. Even midday takes 16 buses.

Maybe someone at FG can fill us in on the plans.

They'll start showing up soon on other routes, if indeed 18-20 buses are at the glen, then belmont only uses about 24, so if all buses go into service belmont will be almost exclusive #8200's and there will soon be to many to run just on belmont. By next week if south shops can get the #8230's, I think the delivery of up to #8227 to FG will break this belmont exclusivity. But still you have to figure on the weekends especially sunday the #77 might only need 12-15 buses max, so there will be plenty to go around. It all depends on whether operators take them out or we see like my trip to the glen last wekend we have 4 sitting in the yard and 3 or 4 in the 3rd yard.

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They'll start showing up soon on other routes, if indeed 18-20 buses are at the glen, then belmont only uses about 24, so if all buses go into service belmont will be almost exclusive #8200's and there will soon be to many to run just on belmont. By next week if south shops can get the #8230's, I think the delivery of up to #8227 to FG will break this belmont exclusivity. But still you have to figure on the weekends especially sunday the #77 might only need 12-15 buses max, so there will be plenty to go around. It all depends on whether operators take them out or we see like my trip to the glen last wekend we have 4 sitting in the yard and 3 or 4 in the 3rd yard.

Well if the dispatcher gives the Bus Operator an assignment and it's for #152 Addison for example and it says Bus #: 8205, then he/she has no choice. They can't tell the dispatcher "I'm going to take #6718 instead."(I just pulled this number out of my head, it may be retired, but it's just an example). Only way they can avoid taking #8205 out in this example is if something's wrong that would prohibit it from being used in service that day.