7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

26 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Well if the dispatcher gives the Bus Operator an assignment and it's for #152 Addison for example and it says Bus #: 8205, then he/she has no choice. They can't tell the dispatcher "I'm going to take #6718 instead."(I just pulled this number out of my head, it may be retired, but it's just an example). Only way they can avoid taking #8205 out in this example is if something's wrong that would prohibit it from being used in service that day.

But I had described the converse situation--whether there was some kind of operations order (such as on the 700s or Ashland posted by Mel) that certain buses go out on certain routes. For instance, your favorite Flyers ended up on 152 around 2000, although a reason was not given for that, other than it was not a declared accessible route.

Again, there was the surmise that the 8200s are part of the prepaid boarding test, but only someone within FG would know.

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Well if the dispatcher gives the Bus Operator an assignment and it's for #152 Addison for example and it says Bus #: 8205, then he/she has no choice. They can't tell the dispatcher "I'm going to take #6718 instead."(I just pulled this number out of my head, it may be retired, but it's just an example). Only way they can avoid taking #8205 out in this example is if something's wrong that would prohibit it from being used in service that day.

Probably if they tell the clerk give me one of those new buses they'll probably oblige them especially on the weekend but it's still probably a given that those are for belmont on the weekdays. I don't think they'll openly assign them to other routes unless they don't have anything else.

Well garmon looks like they gave us the slip down there at south shops. #8221 is currently on the #77. So how did they do that? Comes in on the weekend goes out on Wednesday? ?? All I can say is someone must really want Belmont to go exclusive #8200's!! #8219 and #8220 are out there too. So what happened to #8213 and #8211??

2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Nova News Report-Heat Edition

I boarded #8049 today for a short ride, and the A/C was powerful and comfortable. I sat in the front, but it was nice and cool. With the way it felt, I'm sure the back was just as comfortable.

Just to put my 2 cents in on this subject, I just rode #8143 on Fullerton today and the A/C was fine. Hopefully I can ride one of the #8200s on Diversey so I can make a judgement on the A/C and see if the operator is properly setting the climate control system like the operators at C appear to be doing.

59 minutes ago, dann said:

Just to put my 2 cents in on this subject, I just rode #8143 on Fullerton today and the A/C was fine. Hopefully I can ride one of the #8200s on Diversey so I can make a judgement on the A/C and see if the operator is properly setting the climate control system like the operators at C appear to be doing.

dann the operators have no control over the heating and a/c. It's a set temperature set of the mechanics at the garage.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well garmon looks like they gave us the slip down there at south shops. #8221 is currently on the #77. So how did they do that? Comes in on the weekend goes out on Wednesday? ?? All I can say is someone must really want Belmont to go exclusive #8200's!! #8219 and #8220 are out there too. So what happened to #8213 and #8211??

You gotta be kidding me right???

Well I'll agree with BH that they should be on other routes soon as more arrive because of Garmon and another member's report of 8207 on the #81. Still not so sure about that Belmont exclusivity though because it sounds like if that were case they have enough to make the majority of Belmont Smart buses, but we're still not seeing that as of yet.

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Well, I did see a 8000-Series Nova on Western a few days back. So, even Western gets a Nova occasionally..... they're not all on Ashland.

Of course they aren't. 74th has about 98 or 99 of them in service and other routes to serve. Its 1000s can't be on all of them alone. But I was getting at I'm not so sure about Belmont becoming all 7900 series like Ashland is for now.until 74th gets 1000s TSP equipped which they should be able to work on now that those numbers on that front are finalized.  

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Well, I did see a 8000-Series Nova on Western a few days back. So, even Western gets a Nova occasionally..... they're not all on Ashland.

Again you hit the logical fallacy.

All Ashland buses have to be Novas ≠ All Novas are on Ashland.

Similarly, in this case. not all Belmont buses being Novas may be a function of that it may take 24 Novas to accomplish that.*

*I'll accept BusHunter's number and revise my prior estimate.

logic.jpg

Embedded from propagandacritic.com

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Well I'll agree with BH that they should be on other routes soon as more arrive because of Garmon and another member's report of 8207 on the #81. Still not so sure about that Belmont exclusivity though because it sounds like if that were case they have enough to make the majority of Belmont Smart buses, but we're still not seeing that as of yet.

Yeah but there getting closer to exclusivity on the #77. You could see that today. when they are running strings of 8 #8200's in a row something is up. How can it not be exclusive now? They have 20 buses and only have had a run filled on the #81, #92 and a few on the #76. That's like 5 percent of all runs, if that. Today I would say 3/4 of the buses on the #77 were #8200's and this mass delivery tells me someone wants them to go exclusive, like yesterday. xD

BTW today I was the picture popping paparazzi man. I think I have pictures of #8211, #8216, #8218, #8220, #8221 and #8246. Hopefully they came out, that sun was a beach. I think I'm going to file a grievance to the bushunter's union for overwork. xD

34 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Of course they aren't. 74th has about 98 or 99 of them in service and other routes to serve. Its 1000s can't be on all of them alone. But I was getting at I'm not so sure about Belmont becoming all 7900 series like Ashland is for now.until 74th gets 1000s TSP equipped which they should be able to work on now that those numbers on that front are finalized.  

20 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Again you hit the logical fallacy.

All Ashland buses have to be Novas ≠ All Novas are on Ashland.

Similarly, in this case. not all Belmont buses being Novas may be a function of that it may take 24 Novas to accomplish that.*

*I'll accept BusHunter's number and revise my prior estimate.

logic.jpg

Embedded from propagandacritic.com

I actually made that post because many said that Western has been 100% New Flyer since the TSP program began.

10 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but there getting closer to exclusivity on the #77. You could see that today. when they are running strings of 8 #8200's in a row something is up. How can it not be exclusive now? They have 20 buses and only have had a run filled on the #81, #92 and a few on the #76. That's like 5 percent of all runs, if that. Today I would say 3/4 of the buses on the #77 were #8200's and this mass delivery tells me someone wants them to go exclusive, like yesterday. xD

BTW today I was the picture popping paparazzi man. I think I have pictures of #8211, #8216, #8218, #8220, #8221 and #8246. Hopefully they came out, that sun was a beach. I think I'm going to file a grievance to the bushunter's union for overwork. xD

"Hopefully they come out...." Not the words somebody wanted to hear after all the great stuff you've been producing as of late..... Mr. McMahon has a special message for you...

Vince McMahon Meme 8.png

Ok here's some of them. Don't worry I'll put them all but you might be sleeping.

Here's #8221

cta 8221 rear on 77.PNG

cta 8221 front on 77.PNG

I was worried this one didn't come out so I quickly walked to Luna and waited and waited and waited for the operator to put this bus in gear. He tried about 10 times. Maybe he needs retraining!! xD (no he's a regular) Maybe I should have stopped in for lunch with Peter Pyterek!!

cta 8221 insurance picture at luna.PNG

Here's #8220:

cta 8220 rear on 77.PNG

Doesn't that bus look so new and clean!! I couldn't get a frontal cause I had to run across the street cause #8216 was at Central!!

Here's #8219:

cta 8219 front at austin belmont.PNG

Hey eyes on the road and yes you're passing my stop!! (just kidding)

cta 8219 rear at austin.PNG

cta 8219 rear alternate at austin.PNG

Didn't know which is better so you get both!!

Here's #8211: I never believed in ghosts until I saw one!! :P

cta 8211 front on 77.PNG

cta 8211 rear on 77.PNG

Hey wait a minute, he pulled out so fast I didn't get to board him.

Worked out OK though cause #8218, the bus in the distance from him was a pullin at Harlem so this was my last chance at him today. It was crazy like that today

Here's #8218:

cta 8218 rear alt.PNG

Here's #8216:

cta 8216 rear on 77.PNG

and last but not least #8246:

cta 8246 front on 77.PNG

cta 8246 rear on 77.PNG

Now can I take a rest, thank you very much. :D

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Ok here's some of them. Don't worry I'll put them all but you might be sleeping.

Here's #8221

cta 8221 rear on 77.PNG

cta 8221 front on 77.PNG

I was worried this one didn't come out so I quickly walked to Luna and waited and waited and waited for the operator to put this bus in gear. He tried about 10 times. Maybe he needs retraining!! xD (no he's a regular) Maybe I should have stopped in for lunch with Peter Pyterek!!

cta 8221 insurance picture at luna.PNG

Here's #8220:

cta 8220 rear on 77.PNG

Doesn't that bus look so new and clean!! I couldn't get a frontal cause I had to run across the street cause #8216 was at Central!!

Here's #8219:

cta 8219 front at austin belmont.PNG

Hey eyes on the road and yes you're passing my stop!! (just kidding)

cta 8219 rear at austin.PNG

cta 8219 rear alternate at austin.PNG

Didn't know which is better so you get both!!

Here's #8211: I never believed in ghosts until I saw one!! :P

cta 8211 front on 77.PNG

cta 8211 rear on 77.PNG

Hey wait a minute, he pulled out so fast I didn't get to board him.

Worked out OK though cause #8218, the bus in the distance from him was a pullin at Harlem so this was my last chance at him today. It was crazy like that today

Here's #8218:

cta 8218 rear alt.PNG

Here's #8216:

cta 8216 rear on 77.PNG

and last but not least #8246:

cta 8246 front on 77.PNG

cta 8246 rear on 77.PNG

Now can I take a rest, thank you very much. :D

Pics look good.... no real bad ones.... :) 

Vince McMahon Meme 7.png