7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Ok here's some of them. Don't worry I'll put them all but you might be sleeping.

Here's #8221

cta 8221 rear on 77.PNG

cta 8221 front on 77.PNG

I was worried this one didn't come out so I quickly walked to Luna and waited and waited and waited for the operator to put this bus in gear. He tried about 10 times. Maybe he needs retraining!! xD (no he's a regular) Maybe I should have stopped in for lunch with Peter Pyterek!!

cta 8221 insurance picture at luna.PNG

Here's #8220:

cta 8220 rear on 77.PNG

Doesn't that bus look so new and clean!! I couldn't get a frontal cause I had to run across the street cause #8216 was at Central!!

Here's #8219:

cta 8219 front at austin belmont.PNG

Hey eyes on the road and yes you're passing my stop!! (just kidding)

cta 8219 rear at austin.PNG

cta 8219 rear alternate at austin.PNG

Didn't know which is better so you get both!!

Here's #8211: I never believed in ghosts until I saw one!! :P

cta 8211 front on 77.PNG

cta 8211 rear on 77.PNG

Hey wait a minute, he pulled out so fast I didn't get to board him.

Worked out OK though cause #8218, the bus in the distance from him was a pullin at Harlem so this was my last chance at him today. It was crazy like that today

Here's #8218:

cta 8218 rear alt.PNG

Here's #8216:

cta 8216 rear on 77.PNG

and last but not least #8246:

cta 8246 front on 77.PNG

cta 8246 rear on 77.PNG

Now can I take a rest, thank you very much. :D

Just saw 8220 out my window

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, peter.pyterek said:

Just saw 8220 out my window

12 out of 22 buses on the #77 are #8200's and we don't know if #8211's out there because it's a ghost bus. Alot of them seem to be pulling in at the blue line. #8213 is now out there with them, so I guess FG has 21.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

12 out of 22 buses on the #77 are #8200's and we don't know if #8211's out there because it's a ghost bus. Alot of them seem to be pulling in at the blue line. #8213 is now out there with them, so I guess FG has 21.

Looking at maths22's tracker in the afternoon, a lot of the 8200s are codes above 451, indicating that they are p.m. pullouts. It looks like a lot, but certainly not all,are rush hour buses at this point.

Taken from the archive for 4:50 p.m. June 15:

:77.jpg

14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but there getting closer to exclusivity on the #77. You could see that today. when they are running strings of 8 #8200's in a row something is up. How can it not be exclusive now? They have 20 buses and only have had a run filled on the #81, #92 and a few on the #76. That's like 5 percent of all runs, if that. Today I would say 3/4 of the buses on the #77 were #8200's and this mass delivery tells me someone wants them to go exclusive, like yesterday. xD

BTW today I was the picture popping paparazzi man. I think I have pictures of #8211, #8216, #8218, #8220, #8221 and #8246. Hopefully they came out, that sun was a beach. I think I'm going to file a grievance to the bushunter's union for overwork. xD

Well I'll chalk that up more to Belmont easily being FG's busiest route being the reason than the prepaid boarding test. They don't need a specific type of bus just for this test. 

13 hours ago, sw4400 said:

I actually made that post because many said that Western has been 100% New Flyer since the TSP program began.

Nope. Western has gotten a good amount of Novas, but the majority of buses on Western has been the New Flyers since a 30-35% of the Novas from 74th go on Ashland each day. 

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

No grabrail on the seatback behind the woman in the black top?

Yeah actually there's two goofs. Looked like they put that seat with no handrail in the wrong spot and where they should have put it before the rear door they have a seat with hand rails. Maybe they couldn't screw in the proper seat so they switched them. You would think the handrails would be an accessory for that seat but I guess there's two different types of seats.

21 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah actually there's two goofs. Looked like they put that seat with no handrail in the wrong spot and where they should have put it before the rear door they have a seat with hand rails. Maybe they couldn't screw in the proper seat so they switched them. You would think the handrails would be an accessory for that seat but I guess there's two different types of seats.

They got them from Freedman that way, but as you indicated, if the seat was put in the wrong position, that would be Nova's error.

The rear door doesn't show in your picture.

14 minutes ago, Busjack said:

They got them from Freedman that way, but as you indicated, if the seat was put in the wrong position, that would be Nova's error.

The rear door doesn't show in your picture.

Yeah it was just cut off behind the woman closest to the camera. I wonder if that means that bus has one less push button stop requested button? Because where there is no handrail there will be no silver pole vertical rail either.

BTW, another short story for today was the operator on #8219. His rear doors were stuck at Western, a guy had a duffel bag and amazingly the sensor was picking it up as an obstruction on the floor so the door wouldn't shut. He moved the bag and the door had stuckitis again. This time the operator flipped a switch on his console and the air released out of the door and it closed. Someone must have reported to him at FG how to troubleshoot the door and he was listening. It sure beats the experience I had with the two Chicago operators. You never know though reporting something on here brings it to the attention of someone in bus operations and if they include it in a tutorial it makes operations better. So I believe we each do our part here.

11 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah it was just cut off behind the woman closest to the camera. I wonder if that means that bus has one less push button stop requested button? Because where there is no handrail there will be no silver pole vertical rail either.

If that's the case, you are up to 4 goofs.

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Here's some shots of the new #8213 and #8217, which pulled in on me yesterday. Novabus goofed on #8217, do you see the goof? If so, you may have a future in QA!! xD

#8217:

cta 8217 front on 77.PNG

cta 8217 rear on 77.PNG

cta 8217 goof on 77.PNG

#8213:

cta 8213 front on 77.PNG

cta 8213 rear on 77.PNG

Great photo ??. I saw 8204 yesterday on belmont as I was doing Ashland. Im laughing at the FG operators especially the vets over there cause I bet they feel like rookies in the new novas cause of the sensative brakes on the new buses. It takes getting used to, im just now getting the hang of them myself but once you get that down pact it's just like driving the flyers ??. I love these new novas! They dont have much leg room as the flyers but I still like them. I hope FG operators like them as well.

Their alright but I'd probably be more excited about Xcelsiors. :P I got a chance to sit in a #7900 at the rodeo and you do feel protected from someone who might want to harm you. I've driven lots of different vehicles some new and when you drive something new it is a special treat. I think the tank sneeze guards were the right choice. I'll tell you something about the #77 and the new novas. Now when a bus is late they press the gas and here you are gliding down the street. That's way better than those choked up old #6400's. This will help maintain schedule. They are going to see the late bus ratio plummet at FG once they get their share of buses because alot of the lateness and bunching I think is related to the older equipment.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Novabus goofed on #8217, do you see the goof? If so, you may have a future in QA!!

Thinking of which, a CTA inspector (probably a consultant) was required to inspect the bus before it was released for delivery and Nova became eligible for the 30% payment, so apparently that inspector does not have a future in QA.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

. I saw 8204 yesterday on belmont as I was doing Ashland.

So I guess you get nothing but Novas, at least on that run?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Busjack said:

If that's the case, you are up to 4 goofs.

I think it still might be 3. If I'm not mistaken the stop request button would actually be behind the set of seats immediately in front of the rear door regardless of the goof with the seat sets reversed. 

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Great photo ??. I saw 8204 yesterday on belmont as I was doing Ashland. Im laughing at the FG operators especially the vets over there cause I bet they feel like rookies in the new novas cause of the sensative brakes on the new buses. It takes getting used to, im just now getting the hang of them myself but once you get that down pact it's just like driving the flyers ??. I love these new novas! They dont have much leg room as the flyers but I still like them. I hope FG operators like them as well.

Enjoy it while you can. The NFs should be returning to Ashland by year's end with Western becoming TSP as well or else more than half of 74th's Novas would be tied up on just Western and Ashland when taking into account Andre's estimate that the split of buses on Western is 2/3 74th and 1/3 North Park. xD

On 6/14/2016 at 6:31 PM, garmon757 said:

#8220 #8221 #8222 #8223 #8225 #8226 and #8227 have arrived. #8023 will be resuming service tomorrow. #8211 #8213 #8216 #8217 #8218 and #8219 will arrive at Forest Glen tomorrow. I don't know what's the deal with #8212 and #8246 because they are still at the shop. Also, #8194 is at the shop but no timetable of beginning service so far.  

image.jpeg

Hey I found #8212, it's on our favorite new bus route here on the north side!! 9_9 i didn't see it yesterday.at the yard. Maybe wizzo the magician works at CTA. So 22 now for FG. They must have #8209 too. We must have to say the magic words though to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7pMz74EpPA

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

6 pack of #77's going west at cicero nothing from about central west both directions. #8222's out here. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Okay here you are a shot of #8222. i couldn't get a frontal because it's hard to determine which bus will come first, it was in a pack of four and it was a Harlem pullin.

cta 8222 on 77.PNG

i think I see a defect, but I'm not sure. If you look at all my pics this bus has the same issue as #8219, but it's an issue that has been debated on here. That is why I'm uncertain. Do we have a Miss Cleo in the house? (she was outed as a fraud though)