7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

8 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Ummm..... #77 Diversey??? Are the crawls going goofy two days into service?

57563ce83f54f_cta8200front6-6-16_PNG_e12d68ccbcb407d17a5d5bfec3a13695.png

That's why they call it an interline!! xD Truth is the sign doesn't have space to say Lake Shore/Diversey so it displays it like that. Like my pictures of #8204 show #77 Cumberland when we know Cumberland doesn't have a CTA bus just #81W. Now why do they say Diversey/LK shore when that is out by the Diversey harbor exit?

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

That's why they call it an interline!! xD Truth is the sign doesn't have space to say Lake Shore/Diversey so it displays it like that. Like my pictures of #8204 show #77 Cumberland when we know Cumberland doesn't have a CTA bus just #81W. Now why do they say Diversey/LK shore when that is out by the Diversey harbor exit?

They probably say that BH because the destination is Inner Lake Shore Drive and Diversey.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't they just have them say "Lake Shore" to make it easier? If you look at the Clever Devices unit on a #152 bus, it says Lake Shore/Waveland, yet the crawl says

152 ADDISON *flip* 152 LAKE SHORE

It doesn't say

152 ADDISON *flip* 152 LAKE SHORE *flip* 152 WAVELAND

The signs don't have to be accurate to a "T", do they? If someone who didn't live in Chicago saw a #77 bus and picked it up when it said 77 DIVERSEY, wouldn't they get confused thinking that bus might be a Diversey bus? They may not know #76 is Diversey.

6 minutes ago, jajuan said:

They probably say that BH because the destination is Inner Lake Shore Drive and Diversey.

Actually LSD in is two places there. There doesn't seem to be an inner drive.

So I noticed #8204 wasn't in service today. It must really have a problem with it's Ventra. I guess Belmont riders can't have a free ride two days straight. :P That would be really insulting anyway. Pay at the prepaid boarding to find out the bus was free anyway!! xD

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Actually LSD in is two places there. There doesn't seem to be an inner drive.

So I noticed #8204 wasn't in service today. It must really have a problem with it's Ventra. I guess Belmont riders can't have a free ride two days straight. :P That would be really insulting anyway. Pay at the prepaid boarding to find out the bus was free anyway!! xD

The roadway that the buses are on going down to Diversey for their layover is Inner Lake Shore Drive. That that they take to get back to Belmont is Sheridan, even though the city may be doing a goofy thing like marking that stretch as Lake Shore.

5 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Couldn't they just have them say "Lake Shore" to make it easier? If you look at the Clever Devices unit on a #152 bus, it says Lake Shore/Waveland, yet the crawl says

152 ADDISON *flip* 152 LAKE SHORE

It doesn't say

152 ADDISON *flip* 152 LAKE SHORE *flip* 152 WAVELAND

The signs don't have to be accurate to a "T", do they? If someone who didn't live in Chicago saw a #77 bus and picked it up when it said 77 DIVERSEY, wouldn't they get confused thinking that bus might be a Diversey bus? They may not know #76 is Diversey.

Probably CTA could stand to lower the letter size. Then maybe they could fit LK Shore/Diversey on one sign. Don't know why it's so big. The street name should always have the biggest letters as that's what you want to convey. This is a Belmont bus. Maybe they think we are blind. Don't know what people did in the 70's and 80's as the roll sign destinations were much smaller. Maybe they took out their binoculars to read the destination. xD

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Probably CTA could stand to lower the letter size. Then maybe they could fit LK Shore/Diversey on one sign. Don't know why it's so big. The street name should always have the biggest letters as that's what you want to convey. This is a Belmont bus. Maybe they think we are blind. Don't know what people did in the 70's and 80's as the roll sign destinations were much smaller. Maybe they took out their binoculars to read the destination. xD

That same question could probably be asked about the 15 character flip dot destination buses by those who mostly only know buses with current LED destination sign technology.9_9xD But that does get to the question of why is CTA still acting like it has buses whose signs could only display 15 characters in their head and side signs? Same for Pace with some of its routes. 

1 minute ago, jajuan said:

Same for Pace with some of its routes.

Pace is worse; 77 Diversey would be the only sign, sort of like 290 Central or even 290 Central Fargo Loop.

After the discussion of 157, CTA could have condensed this sign.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Pace is worse; 77 Diversey would be the only sign, sort of like 290 Central or even 290 Central Fargo Loop.

After the discussion of 157, CTA could have condensed this sign.

Which is why I got lost a lot when taking a bus to a suburban location I wasn't as familiar with. Ms Pace staying something like "Route 290 Westbound to....." helps somewhat, but not by much. 

Next stops for the 8200's(not necessarily in this order)

#56 Milwaukee

#84 Peterson

#85 Central

#85A North Central

#88 Higgins

Milwaukee is another high volume route to stretch the 8200's at. Peterson, Central, North Central and Higgins are relatively close to FG(near the starting or ending points of each of these routes), so the buses can be assigned near home base for awhile. This is how I think FG will branch out with the 8200's as more come in.

8 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Next stops for the 8200's(not necessarily in this order)

Wherever the dispatcher releases them. That has been explained by someone by someone who worked in a garage before.

You haven't had a good prognostication streak on this thread (although math22's tracker has 5 on Belmont)..

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Wherever the dispatcher releases them. That has been explained by someone by someone who worked in a garage before.

You haven't had a good prognostication streak on this thread (although math22's tracker has 5 on Belmont)..

Yeah I was going to say all 6 #8200's are on the #77 this morning. I did a street count and the #77 has 24 buses right now, so a quarter of the buses are new already. So possibly by the end of July we may be looking at #8200 exclusivity on the #77.

No one has yet to do a south shops delivery count for this week, but #8211 and #8217 should be 2 of them. There might be 5 total, which probably puts them up to around 18-20 received (#8200 - #8217, #8246)

#8212 #8216 #8218 and #8219 have arrived. #8206 thru #8209 should begin service this week because they're not at the shop. 

Update: I spoke too soon (photo). Also expect #8214 to begin service this week (#8206 is on the left side of #8214 and #8208 is behind #8206). 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I was going to say all 6 #8200's are on the #77 this morning. I did a street count and the #77 has 24 buses right now, so a quarter of the buses are new already. So possibly by the end of July we may be looking at #8200 exclusivity on the #77.

No one has yet to do a south shops delivery count for this week, but #8211 and #8217 should be 2 of them. There might be 5 total, which probably puts them up to around 18-20 received (#8200 - #8217, #8246)

Ummm don't know about the exclusivity part, but yes we should be seeing more in service over the coming weeks.

8 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Ummm don't know about the exclusivity part, but yes we should be seeing more in service over the coming weeks.

They might trickle them in to Fg like they did Chicago. Alot of days at Chicago they would do 2 and then the next few days two more. There is a pattern already for this at FG, although it is early still. They got the 4 buses then #8204-05 came together. So does this mean #8206-07 will be there in a few days?

There are no "F" stickers on any #8200's so far. AFAIK

22 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They might trickle them in to Fg like they did Chicago. Alot of days at Chicago they would do 2 and then the next few days two more. There is a pattern already for this at FG, although it is early still. They got the 4 buses then #8204-05 came together. So does this mean #8206-07 will be there in a few days?

There are no "F" stickers on any #8200's so far. AFAIK

Maybe they're temporary loans.... maybe 77th wants more new buses and will swap some New Flyers to FG for the 8200's...... :O;)xD