7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

On 4/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, alphabetlore1044 said:

The 7900s were in 2014, The 8000s/8100s were in 2015, The 8200s/8300s were in early 2016.

That was 9 years ago.

8305 from FG has a Cubs Wrapped for 6 Years ago while with 1763 has it.

Now 8305 went from F to 3 now to K that's crazy to me lol see it today on Harrison 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 5:20 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

They had one job & they blew it 8252 numbers is on the left side instead of the right ??

On 9/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, Busjack said:

This is like 7 year old news

In his defense though, who's going to remember a 7 year old thread detail? Not to mention, our city is pretty big so it's always so likely that someone is going to see a single bus out of 1800-plus often enough to know that detail wasn't new.?

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

In his defense though, who's going to remember a 7 year old thread detail? Not to mention, our city is pretty big so it's always so likely that someone is going to see a single bus out of 1800-plus often enough to know that detail wasn't new.?

• Unless there was a rehab or repair of damage, one could assume it was delivered that way.
  • There's always the SEARCH function.

49 minutes ago, Busjack said:
  • Unless there was a rehab or repair of damage, one could assume it was delivered that way.
  • There's always the SEARCH function.

Granted on the first point. But neither really negates either point I made sir especially if that person was not a member that many years back. A year or two, then yeah maybe. But going back beyond that, most on here are not thinking "oh let me make sure I'm not repeating a point from five, six, seven and above years back." Pretty unrealistic. Sheesh. ?

18 hours ago, jajuan said:

See I didn't even know 8252 was like that I just happened to see it when I always seen it I've never seen it from the back 

12 hours ago, jajuan said:

Granted on the first point. But neither really negates either point I made sir especially if that person was not a member that many years back. A year or two, then yeah maybe. But going back beyond that, most on here are not thinking "oh let me make sure I'm not repeating a point from five, six, seven and above years back." Pretty unrealistic. Sheesh. ?

Did I say anything about remembering it? No. I said type 8252 in the SEARCH box.

I also made the simple factual assertion that it was 7 years old. What you accused me of doing you did when you replied, essentially, that the 3 buses @alphabetlore1044 had ridden were the same as all the 8350s with regard to the back door message.

46 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Did I say anything about remembering it? No. I said type 8252 in the SEARCH box.

I also made the simple factual assertion that it was 7 years old. What you accused me of doing you did when you replied, essentially, that the 3 buses @alphabetlore1044 had ridden were the same as all the 8350s with regard to the back door message.

Actually I didn't accuse you of anything and I'll apologize for giving you that impression. I was just making the observation that few of us will remember a seven year old detail or think to search it out if we didn't know it was shared in the first place. As for @alphabetlore1044, the kid has an incessant habit and tendency to repeat and rehash things already shared and discussed within a short timeframe that's in everyone's recent collective memory of being shared, be it just the day before or the week or two before. And if I remember correctly, @YoungBusLover just mentioned the thing about the 8350s' rear doors just a week to a week ago when he was making his point that in his opinion and experience, the rear door announcement feature in conjunction with lower acceleration slow things down too much for operators when behind the wheel of an 8350-series Nova bus. It's a big difference between a week and seven years. For that reason, you and a few other members did what you thought I accused you of with @Shannoncvpi. Justifiably so I might add.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Why does C run mostly 7900s on the #53 & #54 unlike its other routes where you see a more even amount of 1000s & 7900s? 6 also has enough 7900s to go back to making most of the #9s runs 7900s if they wanted to. I’ve seen more  7900s on the #62 than on the #9 lately. 

25 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

Why does C run mostly 7900s on the #53 & #54 unlike its other routes where you see a more even amount of 1000s & 7900s? 6 also has enough 7900s to go back to making most of the #9s runs 7900s if they wanted to. I’ve seen more  7900s on the #62 than on the #9 lately. 

If a garage has approx. 100 Novas and 150 NFs, why should any route be restricted ro one type? A working bus is a bus. Usually, the dispatcher sends out what's ready next.

26 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

In regards to C, safety shields is probably the number one reason for the 53 and 54. As far a 74th is concerned in regards to the 9 and 62 I'm not entirely sure. When the #8000s first arrived they were put on the 9 for what was thought at the time for TSP (Transit Signal Priority) for the 9, X9, 49 & X49. However, as time has progressed the fleets have become mixed again on Ashland. Also the age/mileage of the #8000s versus the #1000s plays a role for certain routes they're put on. 

9 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

In regards to C, safety shields is probably the number one reason for the 53 and 54. As far a 74th is concerned in regards to the 9 and 62 I'm not entirely sure. When the #8000s first arrived they were put on the 9 for what was thought at the time for TSP (Transit Signal Priority) for the 9, X9, 49 & X49. However, as time has progressed the fleets have become mixed again on Ashland. Also the age/mileage of the #8000s versus the #1000s plays a role for certain routes they're put on. 

Novas are mostly out on the 54B where it’s a safer area from Cermak to ford city

9 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Novas are mostly out on the 54B where it’s a safer area from Cermak to ford city

54B has it moments like any other route in th system. Whatever management decides to put on the routes is up to them solely. Certain blocks are meant for LFSs such as the 43 out of 77th. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:00 AM, Javi75 said:

This has always been a case at CTA. Routes tend to have specific types on them. In fact, at times past it was even much more obvious. As an example, at 52nd Garage 8500s were exclusive on 2, 2express, 38 and 43, while for years 1 was 100 percent 3500s, while 5 and 5 express were mixed 3500s and 8500s. So this is historically absolutely normal.

• Thanks 1