garmon757

garmon757

South side, there generally is the issue of absentee landlords, or finding someone that has the $100.

Maybe you should work in villages where the village plows sidewalks on mainline streets. :lol: There are some, especially in developments where the back yard fence faces the main road.

You're trying to get me mobbed by neighbors! :lol: Just kidding. Bellwood is very strict when it comes to moving snow into the streets. However, they don't have the decency to have trucks move snow out of the allies, in which that piss my mother off to the max.

You're trying to get me mobbed by neighbors! :lol: Just kidding. Bellwood is very strict when it comes to moving snow into the streets. However, they don't have the decency to have trucks move snow out of the allies, in which that piss my mother off to the max.

Again, you know you are in an old suburb when it has alleys. Go a little further out, and I wonder how high end the suburbs are when there are 96 gallon garbage carts lining the curb in front of $2 million houses.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like one of your compatriots in the Daily Herald. Actually, for a moment I thought it was you.

You won't see me riding my bike from Elk Grove to Rolling Meadows! :lol: I believe that there should be legal consequences when it comes to certain streets and bike paths being neglected consistently. I haven't had any problems riding my bike on busy streets in the city yet. Sorry for responding late. I just got home from my new job.

... I believe that there should be legal consequences when it comes to certain streets and bike paths being neglected consistently....

My mention of the municipality plowing sidewalks probably wouldn't do you much good either. One I walked recently didn't have 3 inches of snow on it, but it did have plenty of ice, both black and bumpy. Since it was behind houses and separated from them by a fence, I don't know if the homeowners were responsible for it, but apparently not.

My mention of the municipality plowing sidewalks probably wouldn't do you much good either. One I walked recently didn't have 3 inches of snow on it, but it did have plenty of ice, both black and bumpy. Since it was behind houses and separated from them by a fence, I don't know if the homeowners were responsible for it, but apparently not.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it too.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have my iPhone 5S. It's just that I feel like I got ripped off by T-Mobile. I paid my phone off completely but who finna pay almost a $250 phone bill after I was credited almost $200 just for paying it off???? So, I've decided to switch with Sprint. (Continue this conservation in my garmon757 topic for relevancy)

Darn, the economics of this are so confusing, especially since T-Mobile is advertising that it is undercutting AT&T. Unlimited data plan should mean that but apparently it doesn't. I assume that you use it for your actual job.

Is this more of a deal that one company will pay you to cancel with someone else? At which point I assume that one has to constantly flip.

Did you consider something like Cricket, which apparently does have its own network?

Finally, is the IPhone usable on WiFi, or is it now just a toy for your children?*

*Which reminds me that I was in a bagel place over the weekend, and mommy in line tells her boy and girl at a table "quit fighting over your IPads, or I'll take them away" to which the boy said "I want to see what's on her IPad." I guess siblings have new things to fight over.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps garmon was on a legacy plan with a phone subsidy, but T-Mobile's newer plans are much more straight forward.

Traditionally, phone carriers have subsidized phone costs. The $199 iPhone they were willing to sell you actually cost $649. They made up for this subsidy by inflating the cost of the service plan and locking you into a two-year contract. The true cost of the phone was hidden. Plus, you'd still be paying those overinflated rates even if you didn't get a new, subsidized phone after your two-years was up.

T-Mobile got rid of contracts and phone subsidies. They instead offer phones with a 24-month interest-free payment plan with little or no down payment. At the end of the day, your bill may be similar to a subsidized plan (although T-Mobile service plans generally are cheaper and with fewer restrictions) but your phone cost is a line item rather than being hidden in your service plan fees. They key difference is that your monthly bill goes down once the phone is paid off.

• Upvote 1

I'm using Virgin Mobile myself. I paid about $200 something for the phone like 18 months ago and I pay $35 a month on a pay as you go plan. I could pay $50 to use as a hotspot, but I found out there are apps out there that will do it for a one time fee of the app and I don't really use the hotspot unless it's for PS3 or PS4 network downloads. I like the service I'm getting internet is unlimited, 4G is limited to 2.5 GB, but the service doesn't really speed down all that much when it goes to 3G.

My main concern with my phone was it's camera. So instead of paying $600 for the latest tech phone, I paid $179 for the standalone camera I'm using. That camera is 2014 technology. I'll probably stay with the phone until it breaks.

• Upvote 2

I don't know the specs of garmon's plan, but my T-Mobile plan is nowhere near the cost of his, and I got pretty much unlimited everything.... I'll share the specs here...

Unlimited Talk & Text Plan($50)

• Unlimited Whenever Minutes
  • Unlimited Weekend Minutes
  • Unlimited Weeknight Minutes
  • Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile Minutes
  • Unlimited Messages

• Unlimited Nationwide 4G (additional $20.00/mo)

I still have the Galaxy S4 and make monthly payments($15 or $20/mo.). The total cost of my bill after taxes and misc. fees is $106. I don't know how garmon is paying $250. I know if I got the Galaxy S5, my bill would be $110-$115/mo. and if I went with the Note 4, it would be close to $130

I'll bite. I have AT&T, and my phone is on their Next Plan. Kevin is correct about the contracts and subsidizing. On that note, AT&T has a little option when buying a phone to have no contract at all, and the phone is the $649 he mentioned ($849 for me because I have more gigabytes). The fairly new thing they have is the Next Plan. They advertise the idea that if you have Next, you can upgrade your phone sooner than with a two year contract. The payments are different though.

Finally, is the IPhone usable on WiFi, or is it now just a toy for your children?*...

My sister gave me her iPhone 5 when she got a replacement one because I liked the iPod feature and at the time I had an Android, which sucked for listening to music. I'd listen to it while I was riding the Metra. You could still use the iPhone 5 and take pictures, listen to music, and access Wifi, but you couldn't be on the cell phone network.

Here's the breakdown before I talk about my plan. I had to put a down payment of $200 + 300 for the iPhone 5s = $550 including taxes (this was done at the T-Mobile inside the Water Tower). My plan was unlimited everything including data and 5GB hotspot (I hacked it to avoid the bandwidth metering). I also had JUMP (includes the handset protection) included. That's a total of $90 without taxes. My phone bill on average was around $113-$120 (sometimes $135-$140 when I don't pay it on time). I had a phone bill of around $139 back in December but I decided to pay my equipment installment plan (EIP) on my iPhone and two LG Tones Pro in which all that was a total of around $313 making my account balance having a positive credit of $174 in which I thought that helped my bill to be paid. However, my recent phone bill was $239.50 in which that made no f'ing sense if I had a positive credit. Customer service was nothing but a full of crap talking about that I agreed to pay off my phone and the LG Tones but I wouldn't be awarded with the credit to pay of the bill in December. So therefore, I've decided to say F it and switch to Sprint on my older kids mother's family plan in which all I have to pay is $60. The only downfall is that I don't have a hotspot but as soon there's a jailbreak for ios 8.1.3 or 8.2, I will be back on track hacking my phone to get a hotspot in which I know how to do it.

...So therefore, I've decided to say F it and switch to Sprint on my older kids mother's family plan in which all I have to pay is $60. The only downfall is that I don't have a hotspot but as soon there's a jailbreak for ios 8.1.3 or 8.2, I will be back on track hacking my phone to get a hotspot in which I know how to do it.

Still too confusing to me, and, of course, having a friends and family plan alters the calculation.

What still isn't clear to me is whether you had paid off the balance of the equipment charge and hence own the old phones, or only paid the current installment and somehow they reverted to T-Mobile, or did Sprint pay off the equipment charge or give you a new SIM?*

_________

*Again, I am getting very confused, but someone had a cellphone vending machine at Golf Mill that offered to sell sim cards to convert to their system. I think it was Straight Talk.

Still too confusing to me, and, of course, having a friends and family plan alters the calculation.

What still isn't clear to me is whether you had paid off the balance of the equipment charge and hence own the old phones, or only paid the current installment and somehow they reverted to T-Mobile, or did Sprint pay off the equipment charge or give you a new SIM?

_________

*Again, I am getting very confused, but someone had a cellphone vending machine at Golf Mill that offered to sell sim cards to convert to their system. I think it was Straight Talk.

No, I paid off the iPhone 5S and the Bluetooth LG Tones Pro completely. All was part of the equipment installment plan. Sprint had nothing to with it except porting my T-Mobile number to my iPhone 6. I don't have a sim card with Sprint because their devices are CDMA. T-Mobile devices are GSM (must have a sim card in order to have the phone work properly). Straight talk indeed have vending machines and I think Union Station have one but I might be wrong.

Somebody seems only interested in driving hot cars. :rolleyes::o Didn't get to the Ferrari exhibit or the Porsche 918?

Tell me about it!!! :lol: My son was trying to get in every car that he saw!!! We didn't check out the other side (Ferrari, Porsche, Lexus, etc.) because they were getting tired but we might go again today before I go to work. My son is bugging me to take them again! :lol:

By the way, I've bought them a car in in which I find them very cool to have for a while (I hope they don't get broken)! They were $12 for one and 2 for $20 plus tax in which it was $22 total that I've paid for. In the photo are the Volkswagen Beetle and 1965 Carroll Shelby Cobra 427 S/C.

post-1364-0-40583100-1424619189_thumb.jp

Somebody seems only interested in driving hot cars. :rolleyes::o Didn't get to the Ferrari exhibit or the Porsche 918?

I took a bunch of shots of the 3 Corvettes they had, the Camaros, the Hellcat Edition Charger, the McLaren and the Lamborghini. I go every year. It's good to see what everyone's up to, like last year Dodge was the only one to have the touch screen radios and accessories in their models and this year they all have it even the Chevy Sonic had it. Prices were really high though. I swear the Corvette was 48K last year and now this year one was 80k and the other 60k. I got in a BMW that was 93k, the 850i, but the cabin area was little and I didn't like it. Mercedes messed up lot of their cars with really small cabin areas. There were not many SUVS this year, just saw the Escalade, Jeeps and a few others. Didn't see a Ford Explorer, gone this year?? Seemed like there were alot of larger lower to the ground cars like the Cadillacs, which looked good this year. Probably the Charger I think was the best car. I was shocked you could buy one that goes up to 750hp. That's more than the lamborghini which was 540hp I believe. The engine had a nice sound on the mini drag strip Dodge had. I guess I'll put up some pictures later, I got something I need to do right now.

• Upvote 2

...We didn't check out the other side (Ferrari, Porsche, Lexus, etc.) because they were getting tired but we might go again today before I go to work. My son is bugging me to take them again! :lol:...

I know what you mean, the show is huge and incredible. That's why you have more than one day in a week! :P

...like last year Dodge was the only one to have the touch screen radios and accessories in their models and this year they all have it even the Chevy Sonic had it...

Yup, my friend's new Honda Fit has one too. It's also a screen showing the cameras for backing up and turning right.

...Probably the Charger I think was the best car. I was shocked you could buy one that goes up to 750hp. That's more than the lamborghini which was 540hp I believe...

I still prefer the Lamborghini for its looks though. Especially the discontinued Gallardo. :wub: But 705 HP is certainly impressive.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

​I got pictures of the first day in service #8085 and #8069. This biker guy got right in the middle of my shot and I was lucky to capture #8069. I took his picture too because this wasn't just any biker guy, it was Garmon!!

oh_no_it's_Garmonn.thumb.PNG.81dba7a3876

​For safety sake, next time wear white socks. They reflect better!

• Upvote 2

I keep forgetting to post about this, but Garmon, you had sent me a Facebook request a few weeks ago and I accidentally tapped the wrong thing in the email and deleted the request :o. You can send it again if you want; I'll tap more carefully this time ;)

• Upvote 1

I keep forgetting to post about this, but Garmon, you had sent me a Facebook request a few weeks ago and I accidentally tapped the wrong thing in the email and deleted the request :o. You can send it again if you want; I'll tap more carefully this time ;)

​Oops!

Both of us are also in the Chicago L Facebook group. They've got some cool pictures there too, including many by Garmon!

• Upvote 2

It's ok. At first, I thought to myself saying how does this guy didn't recognize me??? xD :P