Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

Welcome to Chicago Transit Forum!

Please note that while the new forum has launched, there are some punch list items remaining. Additionally, we are running on a major new release of the software that powers the forum. The software vendor has completely re-written the software from the ground up. Some features, such as search, may not be as full featured as the previous version but should see improvements over the next few months.

Please post here if you have any questions or notice that something doesn't seem to be working properly.

Edited by Kevin
  • Upvote 2

Probably too soon to notice, but since I was still up, the photos were a total mess on the Bus Rosters and Rail Rosters. They first didn't show, then I put them back and I had to shrink them down as they came in full size, and then while adjusting one rosters Bus Photos(e.g: Forest Glen's Novas), and then after adjusting Chicago's pictures, I then noticed that Forest Glen now had pics of New Flyers(both D40LF's and DE60LF's). I removed all photos from both rosters, and hopefully this will be rectified in the hours and days to come.

Also, typing is very buggy.... you have to click multiple times just to get the "I" Bar at times....

Edited by sw4400
  • Upvote 1

The "arrow link" in the gray area of the quotes box  results in a "Sorry we could not find that!" page.

The following do work o.k.: links based copied out of the "share this post" dialog, whether either pasted in another chicagobus.org post or in some external site.

Edited by Busjack

...Also, typing is very buggy.... you have to click multiple times just to get the "I" Bar at times....

Testing out the new system. ​I'm finding the text edit pretty responsive. One thing I briefly noticed (the problem now seems to be gone) is that when you're editing text in front of text you already wrote, the "I" bar is slicing through the letters.

I am having major issues editing text in previously made threads("I" Bar just doesn't want to come up). This is troubling so much so that I'm just going to take a LOA until this is resolved. It's too frustrating to click and click and click(etc...) and no "I" Bar comes up for you to modify text. It would be too difficult to adjust my Bus and Rail Rosters with this issue plaguing the threads. I run Windows 7 and have IE 11, and don't feel like spending $1,000 for a new computer with Windows 8 if this is why suddenly I can't edit previous posts....

Editing this one made on chitransit.org seems fine, but the rosters made on chicagobus.org are too buggy right now. I feel like I might have to redo all the threads to chitransit.org and after I'm done retyping them here, delete the ones I made to chicagobus.org. I'll leave this thought to Kevin and what he thinks I should do.... if this is what is suggested, he'll have to adjust the links so they appear where the old ones currently are on the forum under Featured Topics.

Hopefully back on the Forum in the future,

-sw4400

Edited by sw4400

I am having major issues editing text in previously made threads("I" Bar just doesn't want to come up). This is troubling so much so that I'm just going to take a LOA until this is resolved. It's too frustrating to click and click and click(etc...) and no "I" Bar comes up for you to modify text. I run Windows 7 and have IE 11, and don't feel like spending $1,000 for a new computer with Windows 8 if this is why suddenly I can't edit previous posts....

Hopefully back on the Forum in the future,

-sw4400

​*tips hat* Farewell, gallant rider! We anticipate your patronage in the very, very near future!

I gave it a try and made a brand new Rail Roster shell using the chitransit.org forum, but the "I" Bar problem is still lingering(though nobody else seems to be having problems)..... oh well........... guess I have to retire from rosters......

Edited by sw4400

I gave it a try and made a brand new Rail Roster shell using the chitransit.org forum, but the "I" Bar problem is still lingering(though nobody else seems to be having problems)..... oh well........... guess I have to retire from rosters......

​Can I recommend using Chrome? I haven't had any issues so far. IE11 has...issues...it probably has trouble handling the new editor or something.

• Upvote 2

​Can I recommend using Chrome? I haven't had any issues so far. IE11 has...issues...it probably has trouble handling the new editor or something.

​Chrome or Firefox should do the trick. For me it's a personal preference on which one I like better, but you should hopefully see improvements on either one. briman94 knows well about the problems Internet Explorer has.

• Upvote 2

Chrome worked..... for just a few minutes, then the "I" Bar bugs started again. With chicagobus.org, my computer didn't have as much CPU usage and Physical Memory Usage as chitransit.org. The computer was really working while trying to do a mock edit of the rail rosters. CPU Usage: 55%, Physical Memory: 66%. Never had issues with chicagobus.org. Maybe this is the issue, but why is chitransit.org causing so much CPU and Physical Memory usage and chicagobus.org didn't? Could this be the problem to my buggy "I" bar issue? If so, there is no known way to rectify this.... I shouldn't have to clear cookies and cache just to use one website if that solves the issue(never had to with chicagobus.org). And like I said, spending $1,000 on a new computer isn't in the plans...

Edited by sw4400

Chrome worked..... for just a few minutes, then the "I" Bar bugs started again. With chicagobus.org, my computer didn't have as much CPU usage and Physical Memory Usage as chitransit.org. The computer was really working while trying to do a mock edit of the rail rosters. CPU Usage: 55%, Physical Memory: 66%. Never had issues with chicagobus.org. Maybe this is the issue, but why is chitransit.org causing so much CPU and Physical Memory usage and chicagobus.org didn't? Could this be the problem to my buggy "I" bar issue? If so, there is no known way to rectify this.... I shouldn't have to clear cookies and cache just to use one website if that solves the issue(never had to with chicagobus.org). And like I said, spending $1,000 on a new computer isn't in the plans...

​I actually find that a bit concerning, considering that Firefox and Chrome don't use many resources on a computer nowadays.

...By the way, you can make a background photo on your profile page.

​I can't, but I noticed that in addition to "Favorite Bus", you can now add a favorite train too. Sweet! Time to show the 3200s a little love!

Edited by MTRSP1900-CTA3200

Firefox worked a bit better, but then got laggy when trying to do a mock adjustment of several rail rosters... I could hear the computer's fan working on high during the mock editing which means it was using a lot of CPU just to do these simple tasks. I-Bar did appear, but got laggy and sticky when going from line to line.