Shannoncvpi Posted December 13, 2022 Report Posted December 13, 2022 1 hour ago, Busjack said: As I explained to others, that really isn't a solution, if there is another topic on point, because nobody else can find the post in the future. Illustrating that today was someone asking today about West Devon, which was discussed somewhere else. It's just not a way to stay organized. Most of what you post could be classified under The Breakdown Thread, More Bus Moves, CTA Bus Garage Rosters, or the individual series. These are pinned to the top of the list because they are important, and thus were made easy to find. Today's examples stuck in my craw because I had just created the Bus Priority Zones and Labor shortage, missing buses and trains, and inaccurate trackers topics, but someone decided to mess them up, but the principle exists nonetheless. If a reply goes off point, one can click the + next to Quote, and insert the quote box in a different topic. But thank you for recognizing the issue. ☺️ Bet bro Quote
Busjack Posted December 13, 2022 Report Posted December 13, 2022 I noted that when using a screen shot clipping tool (here in the Windows 11 version of Firefox) and paste the image into this site's edit box, I get two images, as below. No big deal, but I have to delete one of the attachments. Quote
Kevin Posted January 14, 2023 Author Report Posted January 14, 2023 Sorry about the recent downtime. I've setup some alerting mechanisms so that I'll hopefully get immediately notified the next time there's a problem. 1 Quote
busfan2847 Posted January 14, 2023 Report Posted January 14, 2023 14 hours ago, Kevin said: Sorry about the recent downtime. I've setup some alerting mechanisms so that I'll hopefully get immediately notified the next time there's a problem. Thanks for getting it back up. After a week without access I realize how much I rely on this forum to keep up to date with transit happenings in the greater Chicagoland area. 1 1 Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted February 6, 2023 Report Posted February 6, 2023 On 10/4/2020 at 8:37 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: When I search a 3-digit number (like 307 or 804 etc.), the search bar says there were no search results for that but I'm sure some people have said those three digit numbers sometime. I wanted to see what y'all talked about with 804 in one search bar but that doesn't work so make sure to fix that so we can search 3 digit numbers I don't think anyone noticed this reply but I still can't search up the 3 digit numbers apparently so it hasn't been fixed, unless the search system doesn't allow 3 digit words/numbers or less. Quote
Busjack Posted February 6, 2023 Report Posted February 6, 2023 13 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: I don't think anyone noticed this reply but I still can't search up the 3 digit numbers apparently so it hasn't been fixed, unless the search system doesn't allow 3 digit words/numbers or less. I don't think it ever did. What I do is use Google and search for site:chitransit.org 804 (or something like that). Quote
Kevin Posted January 27, 2024 Author Report Posted January 27, 2024 The forum has been moved to a new server and the software itself has been upgraded to the latest version. Please post here if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly. Quote
artthouwill Posted January 27, 2024 Report Posted January 27, 2024 33 minutes ago, Kevin said: The forum has been moved to a new server and the software itself has been upgraded to the latest version. Please post here if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly. So far I don't see if there are any notifications such as quotes, mentions, messages. Quote
Busjack Posted February 12, 2024 Report Posted February 12, 2024 Unless I'm missing something, this version doesn't have the clickable hierarchy that the last one did, such as Home->All Activity->Unread Content Home->Chicago Transit Authority->CTA Bus->More Bus Moves Useful if one only wants to go back one step to, say, 8350 series. Quote
YoungBusLover Posted February 14, 2024 Report Posted February 14, 2024 I can't seem to upload any photos on the website that are JPEGs or PNGs. (Error code: -200) Is what I'm receiving on my end. The sizes have been between 1 MBs to 5 MBs. I've had this issue on multiple browsers/mobile devices this morning. Quote
Kevin Posted February 18, 2024 Author Report Posted February 18, 2024 On 2/14/2024 at 7:41 AM, YoungBusLover said: I can't seem to upload any photos on the website that are JPEGs or PNGs. (Error code: -200) Is what I'm receiving on my end. The sizes have been between 1 MBs to 5 MBs. I've had this issue on multiple browsers/mobile devices this morning. This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting. 1 Quote
Kevin Posted February 18, 2024 Author Report Posted February 18, 2024 On 2/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, Busjack said: Unless I'm missing something, this version doesn't have the clickable hierarchy that the last one did, such as Home->All Activity->Unread Content Home->Chicago Transit Authority->CTA Bus->More Bus Moves Useful if one only wants to go back one step to, say, 8350 series. This should be still there, at least if the browser window is wide enough. Quote
Busjack Posted February 18, 2024 Report Posted February 18, 2024 30 minutes ago, Kevin said: This should be still there, at least if the browser window is wide enough. It worked when I went full screen. Maybe my having increased the magnification had an effect. Thanks. Quote
YoungBusLover Posted February 18, 2024 Report Posted February 18, 2024 1 hour ago, Kevin said: This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting. Thank you! 😁 Quote
Busjack Posted August 13 Report Posted August 13 This may be a bit premature, but in light of the impending NITA takeover, reorganization of forum topics may become necessary, as typified by the "New Ventra" topic. From "regional planning being an oxymoron," to NITA taking over the following functions, such distinctions as "Pace electric buses" and "CTA electric buses" may no longer work (especially since a joint contract has been solicited). The functions I have in mind (with citations to 70 ILCS 3615/2.01(a)): adopt plans (i). budget and allocate capital and operating funds (iv). coordinate operations and investments to enhance integration (vi). set fares and integrate a fare collection system (vii). service and capital planning (viii). design and construction oversight of capital projects (ix). promote transit-oriented development (x). On the other hand, the Service Boards are responsible for providing service in accordance with NITA's plans, and may enter into purchase of service agreements, but ultimate responsibility lies with NITA. This means Pace can continue making contracts with MV or Niles, and Metra with BNSF. I haven't thoroughly thought it out, but the hierarchy should be something like: Northern Illinois Transit Authority General Matters Planning and Budget Construction Procurement and Equipment CTA General Matters Bus Rail Pace Metra 2 Quote
Kevin Posted September 1 Author Report Posted September 1 On 8/12/2026 at 8:02 PM, Busjack said: I haven't thoroughly thought it out, but the hierarchy should be something like: Northern Illinois Transit Authority General Matters Planning and Budget Construction Procurement and Equipment CTA General Matters Bus Rail Pace Metra Good suggestions. We'll start with a NITA General Discussion and then expand out from there as needed over time. 1 1 Quote
Busjack Posted September 2 Report Posted September 2 On 9/1/2026 at 2:23 AM, Kevin said: Good suggestions. We'll start with a NITA General Discussion and then expand out from there as needed over time. I concur with what you did (including leaving new topics under NITA for future development. However, I think something more than renaming the group from Regional Transit Planning to NITA is over-inclusuve. I can see including things tangental to NITA, such as CTA/Metra joint projects, the former RTA, or People Before Parking. However, I think there should be a separate "Other Chicago Region Initiatives", probably under "Everything Else" covering things proposed by other agencies and advocates. The following would be moved to that category: O’Hare Express Trains Equitable Transit-Oriented Development Pilot Program Fair Transit South Cook Pilot Midwest Regional Rail Plan CMAP Regional Sidewalk Inventory Mini Gilligs Nortwestern CMAQ grants Will County Long-Range Transportation Plan Cook County Transportation Plan Transit Future Plan In addition, The End Of Rail Transit??? (As We Know It) should be moved to General Transit Discussion because it is Chinese. Thanks. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.