Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

As I explained to others, that really isn't a solution, if there is another topic on point, because nobody else can find the post in the future. Illustrating that today was someone asking today about West Devon, which was discussed somewhere else. It's just not a way to stay organized.

Most of what you post could be classified under The Breakdown Thread, More Bus Moves, CTA Bus Garage Rosters,  or the individual series. These are pinned to the top of the list because they are important, and thus were made easy to find.

Today's examples stuck in my craw because I had just created the Bus Priority Zones and Labor shortage, missing buses and trains, and inaccurate trackers topics, but someone decided to mess them up, but the principle exists nonetheless.

If a reply goes off point, one can click the + next to Quote, and insert the quote box in a different topic.

But thank you for recognizing the issue. ☺️

Bet bro 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Kevin said:

Sorry about the recent downtime. I've setup some alerting mechanisms so that I'll hopefully get immediately notified the next time there's a problem.

Thanks for getting it back up. After a week without access I realize how much I rely on this forum to keep up to date with transit happenings in the greater Chicagoland area.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 8:37 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

When I search a 3-digit number (like 307 or 804 etc.), the search bar says there were no search results for that but I'm sure some people have said those three digit numbers sometime. I wanted to see what y'all talked about with 804 in one search bar but that doesn't work so make sure to fix that so we can search 3 digit numbers

I don't think anyone noticed this reply but I still can't search up the 3 digit numbers apparently so it hasn't been fixed, unless the search system doesn't allow 3 digit words/numbers or less.

13 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I don't think anyone noticed this reply but I still can't search up the 3 digit numbers apparently so it hasn't been fixed, unless the search system doesn't allow 3 digit words/numbers or less.

I don't think it ever did. What I do is use Google and search for site:chitransit.org 804 (or something like that).

• 11 months later...
33 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The forum has been moved to a new server and the software itself has been upgraded to the latest version. Please post here if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly.

So far I don't see if there are any notifications such as quotes, mentions, messages.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless I'm missing something, this version doesn't have the clickable hierarchy that the last one did, such as

Home->All Activity->Unread Content

Home->Chicago Transit Authority->CTA Bus->More Bus Moves

Useful if one only wants to go back one step to, say, 8350 series.

On 2/14/2024 at 7:41 AM, YoungBusLover said:

I can't seem to upload any photos on the website that are JPEGs or PNGs. (Error code: -200) Is what I'm receiving on my end. The sizes have been between 1 MBs to 5 MBs. I've had this issue on multiple browsers/mobile devices this morning.

This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting.

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, Busjack said:

Unless I'm missing something, this version doesn't have the clickable hierarchy that the last one did, such as

Home->All Activity->Unread Content

Home->Chicago Transit Authority->CTA Bus->More Bus Moves

Useful if one only wants to go back one step to, say, 8350 series.

This should be still there, at least if the browser window is wide enough.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 19.20.12.png

30 minutes ago, Kevin said:

This should be still there, at least if the browser window is wide enough.

It worked when I went full screen. Maybe my having increased the magnification had an effect. Thanks.