Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

On 10/30/2017 at 9:30 PM, garmon757 said:

Next time somebody say they're a moderator is going to the chitransit slammer. xDB|

FYI: Happy 5-year anniversary to me! :D

Can we use our get out of jail free card? In two months I'll be celebrating 10 years here. I can't believe it. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lately when I’ve been going to unread topics, tapping on the link (I’m on my phone) takes me to the beginning of the topic, rather than the latest post. It used to be the other way around and i would go straight to the unread posts, unless I remember wrong. Is this a preference I can change, or did something change on the software end?

15 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Lately when I’ve been going to unread topics, tapping on the link (I’m on my phone) takes me to the beginning of the topic, rather than the latest post. It used to be the other way around and i would go straight to the unread posts, unless I remember wrong. Is this a preference I can change, or did something change on the software end?

Usually one has to tap on the "Posted x minutes ago." As far as I remember, tapping on the title of the topic takes you to the top of the topic.

The "All Activity" tab seems to work differently, as clicking anywhere takes one to the specific post.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Usually one has to tap on the "Posted x minutes ago." As far as I remember, tapping on the title of the topic takes you to the top of the topic.

I also noticed the problem @MTRSP1900-CTA3200 had. If you click on "Posted x minutes ago", it will take you to the most recent post, not necessarily the first one that you haven't read. I think clicking on the title used to only take you to the first post if there were no unread posts in the topic, but now it always does.

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The "All Activity" tab seems to work differently, as clicking anywhere takes one to the specific post.

1 minute ago, Pace831 said:

I also noticed the problem @MTRSP1900-CTA3200 had. If you click on "Posted x minutes ago", it will take you to the most recent post, not necessarily the first one that you haven't read. I think clicking on the title used to only take you to the first post if there were no unread posts in the topic, but now it always does.

Thanks guys!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I am trying to upload an image but after clicking "upload" I get a pop-up error message that says: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". I don't think I'm doing anything differently than I've been doing before. This happens on both my computer and phone with any image.

Yeah, @Kevin I get the same error message @Pace831 is mentioning above when uploading pictures. Must be something to do with the new server. I will test a change to a post to make sure that will work ok... Update: seems like editing posts are problem-free. I will monitor and inform if further issues occur.

10 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I am trying to upload an image but after clicking "upload" I get a pop-up error message that says: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". I don't think I'm doing anything differently than I've been doing before. This happens on both my computer and phone with any image.

This should be fixed now.

• 3 months later...

I noticed that I don't get "back arrow" links in the header of a quote box using Firefox (64 bit) on my PC, but do have them using Chrome on my PC or tablet. Does this have something to do with Firefox no longer supporting Java?

11 hours ago, Pace831 said:

7664 on SWS:

IMG_1012.thumb.JPG.1f6e54316b38e977a9c93adb45169091.JPG

IMG_1014.thumb.JPG.18ac43e8d50ffd59c2e007229b7f7e72.JPG

Another bizarre one. When clicking on the second picture, the photo viever has it upside down, but when clicking on the magnifying glass, the picture in its own tab is right side up, both in Firefox and Chrome.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Another bizarre one. When clicking on the second picture, the photo viever has it upside down, but when clicking on the magnifying glass, the picture in its own tab is right side up, both in Firefox and Chrome.

Only the second one, not the first? That's strange because I was holding the phone the same direction for both pictures.

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

Only the second one, not the first? That's strange because I was holding the phone the same direction for both pictures.

Yes. I'll attach screen shots of what I got:

5b098ec043247_rightsiideup.thumb.png.442147b3804c3f5f29e9a98d27d18da8.png

5b098ec623331_upsidedown.thumb.png.0a84638efeda220d7ce75cd1b09b4453.png

As I said above, clicking on them was o.k., so I don't think it is you, but the picture viewer. Also, you will note that they are in the correct orientation in the post itself.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Yes. I'll attach screen shots of what I got:

5b098ec043247_rightsiideup.thumb.png.442147b3804c3f5f29e9a98d27d18da8.png

5b098ec623331_upsidedown.thumb.png.0a84638efeda220d7ce75cd1b09b4453.png

As I said above, clicking on them was o.k., so I don't think it is you, but the picture viewer. Also, you will note that they are in the correct orientation in the post itself.

The reason I asked was because I usually hold the phone with "buttons on top" which has caused pictures to be upside down on here and on other sites in the past. The picture viewer would not automatically rotate the pictures. Here it rotated one but not the other, so it seems like a different problem than last time.

I'm using Microsoft Edge and the picture remains upside down when I click the magnifying glass.

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

The reason I asked was because I usually hold the phone with "buttons on top" which has caused pictures to be upside down on here and on other sites in the past. The picture viewer would not automatically rotate the pictures. Here it rotated one but not the other, so it seems like a different problem than last time.

I'm using Microsoft Edge and the picture remains upside down when I click the magnifying glass.

I just looked on my tablet (Chrome), and it still is as I stated.

BTW, I wouldn't use a Microsoft browser for anything. I'm sort of split between Firefox and Chrome, but for the apparent java problem I noted up the thread.

On 5/24/2018 at 8:29 PM, Busjack said:

I noticed that I don't get "back arrow" links in the header of a quote box using Firefox (64 bit) on my PC, but do have them using Chrome on my PC or tablet. Does this have something to do with Firefox no longer supporting Java?

To get back to this one, no "back arrow" in Firefox:

5b0c34ef4524c_noback.thumb.png.0a02e75b5faf0cc38fbc0f6c26dd2246.png

Back arrow in Chrome

5b0c35280ca59_backarrow.thumb.png.43d7fb8c63a0ae37c473348b80ec1f77.png

Also note: No "share" icon in Firefox:

5b0c35cb00185_noshare.thumb.png.e65ac5d4037730aafd936488835b7405.png

Share icon in Chrome:

share.thumb.png.fa7d0d5cf963d427cb763a2cfd600a56.png

I later noted that the fourth image doesn't show up in the Photo Viewer in Firefox (just black), does in Chrome.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Then send him a pm. This forum is Chicago Transit Forrum bugs. Chicago Transit Forum doesn't run math's tracker.

Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time on il.

53 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Send who a pm

I handle this by contacting him myself. @Aiden Tabucic Please refrain from spamming anything that relates to the Bus Tracker from this point on.