Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

I just tried posting a YouTube video to my Train Sim thread. Usually, putting the YouTube URL in

url
 tags would make it show as a YouTube player, but it didn't, so I tried 
media
 tags, which makes it show as a YouTube player in the edit box but not in the actual post.

EDIT: Editing and re-saving the thread a few times seems to have fixed it. Seems like thread editing has issues. Also, I don't see an option for "turn off text formatting" anymore...you used to be able to edit the BBcode of an existing post, but I don't see a way to do that anymore.

​The new editor, unfortunately, seems to no longer offer a "turn off formatting" option. Closet thing is the Source button, but I find it rather usable without line breaks.

YouTube embeds should work if you just paste in the URL. The embed should automatically appear in the editor.

Another faulty scenario, when trying to jump to another page inside the topic i.e. jumping from Page 1 to 20, it won't direct you to that page. I don't know why there's a scroll counter inserted in the UI.

​Confirmed. I'll ask the software vendor to look at this issue.

• Upvote 1

I have a wide screen & the browser is set to see all.

But at the right are "Featured Topics" & "Latest Topics", but the Latest Topic don't seem to add what actually are the latest topics. There has been some slight rearrangement in the order of them.

So I have to go into the various forums to find the topics with stars, that mean there have been replies.

​The "Latest Topics" list has been reconfigured to show topics that recently received a reply.

(Additionally, the feed on ChicagoBus.org has been restored.)

Is the Bus rosters, info, news feed, garage lists, etc. are going to migrate to this new site??? I decided to put all editing and uploading on hold until I get some news about it.

​ChicagoBus.org content will remain separate from Chicago Transit Forum. They are now two different web sites.

Based on this post, maybe the back arrow in the quote boxes shouldn't be visible only on a hover over.

​Good idea. That's something I should be able to change. (Edit: Or not. More complex than I expected.)

Update on other issues:

• The back arrow links for quotes in old posts have been fixed.
  • The developers are currently working on a fix for the "jump to page" dropdown in topics.

I noticed this new "Popular Now" module pop up in between the online member list and the forum statistics. Interesting! I'm not sure if it pops up if there's a thread that's REALLY chugging along, or if Kevin put it up as a new permanent addition. I like it, especially if I'm participating in the thread or if it's an interesting thread.

Screen_Shot_2015-04-29_at_10.33.29_PM.th

I noticed this new "Popular Now" module pop up in between the online member list and the forum statistics. Interesting! I'm not sure if it pops up if there's a thread that's REALLY chugging along, or if Kevin put it up as a new permanent addition. I like it, especially if I'm participating in the thread or if it's an interesting thread.

Hidden Content

​It shows up whenever a thread is getting a lot of activity. That's the first time I've seen it appear, so thanks for providing the screenshot. (I might move it to the sidebar, since it looks like the content would probably flow better in that smaller space.)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

​If I am reading the hidden content properly, I don't see the Popular Now under the Who's Online. However, there is (and has been) a Topics in the right pane of wide view.

​It shows up whenever a thread is getting a lot of activity. That's the first time I've seen it appear, so thanks for providing the screenshot. (I might move it to the sidebar, since it looks like the content would probably flow better in that smaller space.)

​Thanks for the answer. That sounds like a good idea too.

​If I am reading the hidden content properly, I don't see the Popular Now under the Who's Online. However, there is (and has been) a Topics in the right pane of wide view.

​It's gone on the front page now, probably because the topic has slowed down.

I have some good news.... I got to do a update of the bus rosters yesterday without hiccups, so-to-speak. The "I" Bar still didn't always pop up, but I found at least a temporary solution.... click the text color box and then click in the text and the "I" Bar appears!!! Still lags a bit, but is tolerable while Kevin continues to find a way to smooth out the kinks. I have yet to try to incorporate the pictures back into the rosters and see what happens, or try the Rail Rosters, but I'm confident if one can be adjusted, the other can too... :)

Update: Adjusting the text of Bus Rosters is no problem with the temporary solution, but I still can't get the pictures to go in without issues. I still have yet to try the Rail Rosters, but I believe they will work without photos right now.

I also had some text editor issues yesterday...I was writing this post on my Android phone, and because I was standing up typing with one hand, I made a few mistakes. Thankfully Autocorrect kicked in and fixed them, but the text editor kept putting back the original text before the corrected text, so it ended up with a bunch of misspelled duplicate words. Not sure how easy it'd be to fix this.