Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

Ticking the logon box labeled "Logon Anonymously" is ineffective. The 'anonymous' user's username displays at the foot of the page anyhow. Having now seen a scenario in which two users {I am sometimes an 'anonymous' logonner.} ticked the box - but their username appeared.

Please remedy. Either make the anonymous logon option functional, or drop it from the logon menu.

Edited by pudgym29
did not close an italics tag.

15 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Ticking the logon box labeled "Logon Anonymously" is ineffective. The 'anonymous' user's username displays at the foot of the page anyhow. Having now seen a scenario in which two users {I am sometimes an 'anonymous' logonner.} ticked the box - but their username appeared.

Please remedy. Either make the anonymous logon option functional, or drop it from the logon menu.

This shouldn't be the case. I will look into this.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ThirdRailVision said:

Perhaps because I recorded it "vertically" via my smartphone, and the computer seems to prefer horizontal videos

That may be why most videos are posted to YouTube and then embedded here. YouTube provides the viewer, while just uploading the video leaves you at the mercy of whatever viewer program is on the user's PC or device. For instance , it looked o.k. to me, but I was using a tablet.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, ctowntravel said:

Hello is there a post requirement to post new topics? My button is completely missing.

There was a rule that you must have 25 posts to create a new topic. However, I see you were able to do so immediately after asking this question. Did a moderator override that rule, or change the requirement without announcing the change?

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

This bug has been in place for over a year, and it is about the winners of a day of reputation points. The last winner was in February 2018, and no one was the winner of that day after that day over a year ago. I liked that idea for this website, but I think it should be fixed soon.

That “bug” exists, but is not the answer to the question he asked. I’m not sure if this is a bug or if the feature was intentionally disabled, as I recall there was a small debate about the value of reputation around that time.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

When I search a 3-digit number (like 307 or 804 etc.), the search bar says there were no search results for that but I'm sure some people have said those three digit numbers sometime. I wanted to see what y'all talked about with 804 in one search bar but that doesn't work so make sure to fix that so we can search 3 digit numbers

• 4 months later...

Ok so the new website layout looks nice, but it feels a little too new for me. I liked the helvetica font that I seen on my iPad and now I’m gonna miss it. It’s a good design which kinda resembles the CPTDB wiki page with the months later... section. Honestly it’s gonna take a while for me to get used to this layout if it stays (since I loved the old helvetica font style lol) as I’m already used to something similar on cptdb. 

The new redesign is refreshing. Under specific topics, is there anyway to have the bar at the side scroll down and up with the page? otherwise the text bars only take up 2/3rds of the page and there's a huge amount of white space left. Otherwise, I enjoy the new styling!

It's sort of weird seeing all the changes, I've been a member of the forum for almost 8 years now, I had just graduated middle school when I found this forum and now I'm on my last semester of undergrad. I've sure learned a lot from this place. I used to be a kid with ink drawings on a CTA system map, and now I'm using some of the stuff I've learned here in class and what not. Time flies, sheesh

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

How do I get notifications when someone has replied to a post that I made?

The functionality hasn't changed I believed, but when you click on the bell in the top right corner, the menu that pops up should have a "notification settings" page, where you can set what get sent to your email and what comes to your notification list, and how you want those alerts to show

9 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The functionality hasn't changed I believed, but when you click on the bell in the top right corner, the menu that pops up should have a "notification settings" page, where you can set what get sent to your email and what comes to your notification list, and how you want those alerts to show

I don't know if the changes were made with phones in mind, which I primarily use.  There used to be 3 bars in my upper right hand corner, which is now gone.  When I clicked on the bars, i had the option of clicking the bell you mentioned, or the envelope if someone dropped a PM.   Fortunately I received a message on the bottom of my screen that I had a message,  but it probably disappears if I don't tap it in 3 seconds 

On 2/8/2021 at 12:42 PM, artthouwill said:

I don't know if the changes were made with phones in mind, which I primarily use.  There used to be 3 bars in my upper right hand corner, which is now gone.  When I clicked on the bars, i had the option of clicking the bell you mentioned, or the envelope if someone dropped a PM.   Fortunately I received a message on the bottom of my screen that I had a message,  but it probably disappears if I don't tap it in 3 seconds 

On 2/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

I inserted  newest in the sorting section and it still comes up starting with the oldest. What am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I'm unsure as to what you mean. If you're looking for new content, the "all activity" page automatically sorts by newest

I didn`t see a "all activity" page. Do you mean the "recent update" section? I know there was an "all activity" section on the recent format.