Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

On 2/8/2021 at 12:42 PM, artthouwill said:

I don't know if the changes were made with phones in mind, which I primarily use.  There used to be 3 bars in my upper right hand corner, which is now gone.  When I clicked on the bars, i had the option of clicking the bell you mentioned, or the envelope if someone dropped a PM.   Fortunately I received a message on the bottom of my screen that I had a message,  but it probably disappears if I don't tap it in 3 seconds 

This should be fixed now.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Kevin said:

As mentioned in another thread, these one word responses are unnecessary and do not contribute to the forum. The "reactions" feature is better suited for acknowledging a post.

This having been said, is there anyway to get a wider suite of reactions?

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

13 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation.

They do not add to reputation as they are considered "neutral" reactions.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

They do not add to reputation as they are considered "neutral" reactions.

Confused is actually a great one. I know I often run into confusing content here (although I imagine I might still need to formulate my actual question). I think maybe a "Great" or an "Excited" might be useful to differentiate btwn "Thanks" or "Love". 

• Upvote 1