Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

On 2/8/2021 at 12:42 PM, artthouwill said:

I don't know if the changes were made with phones in mind, which I primarily use.  There used to be 3 bars in my upper right hand corner, which is now gone.  When I clicked on the bars, i had the option of clicking the bell you mentioned, or the envelope if someone dropped a PM.   Fortunately I received a message on the bottom of my screen that I had a message,  but it probably disappears if I don't tap it in 3 seconds 

This should be fixed now.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This having been said, is there anyway to get a wider suite of reactions?

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

They do not add to reputation as they are considered "neutral" reactions.

Confused is actually a great one. I know I often run into confusing content here (although I imagine I might still need to formulate my actual question). I think maybe a "Great" or an "Excited" might be useful to differentiate btwn "Thanks" or "Love". 

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, Catazat said:

Can I please have an invite to the discord? All the ones I find are expired.

Are you talking about that Chicagoland Transit discord server owned by Chicagocubs6323? This isn't the thread to ask but I'm not in that server but I will try and find a link if I can

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

PMs not blocked so who is delusional now. Besides this forum doesn't pay my bills my job does. Enough with the bs already

Really????????????? For anybody else's information, this is what I got when I attempted to PM you:really.thumb.jpg.f7d3ebe47ff2f09263c911d824558210.jpg

If this was  not your doing, maybe the Administrators can explain.

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

Really????????????? For anybody else's information, this is what I got when I attempted to PM you:

If this was  not your doing, maybe the Administrators can explain.

I'm looking into this, but so far I don't have an explanation. Are you able to send messages to other users without issue?

Update: Support documentation indicates that this can occur if the person being contacted has listed a member on their "Ignore List."

18 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'm looking into this, but so far I don't have an explanation. Are you able to send messages to other users without issue?

Update: Support documentation indicates that this can occur if the person being contacted has listed a member on their "Ignore List."

I was able to send you a message, so I'm sure that's what happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Couldn't find the chicagobus.org updates thread but ima put this here till y'all put it in the thread, but chicagobus.org says X98 is out of north park when it's actually out of forest glen.

X98 was out of North Park from 6/23/2002 to 4/1/2013 when it was reduced to a southbound journey only and moved to Forest Glen.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey this way if they quit in service, the migrants can't say anything cause they can't speak English. Should've let them use the Proterras. Some of those I'm really starting to wonder about!!

This is inappropriate on several levels.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Wait the 4 don't go to montrose it doesn't even go that far north

I was trying to make an analogy to all the drivers posting in the wrong topic, like electric buses under 8350s or absenteeism under bus lanes, That makes as much sense as a 3 on Montrose.

It shouldn't be that hard to post under the right topic. You, too.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

I was trying to make an analogy to all the drivers posting in the wrong topic, like electric buses under 8350s or absenteeism under bus lanes, That makes as much sense as a 3 on Montrose.

It shouldn't be that hard to post under the right topic. You, too.

Aw I do need to pay better attention that's why I mostly post in the random file

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw I do need to pay better attention that's why I mostly post in the random file

As I explained to others, that really isn't a solution, if there is another topic on point, because nobody else can find the post in the future. Illustrating that today was someone asking today about West Devon, which was discussed somewhere else. It's just not a way to stay organized.

Most of what you post could be classified under The Breakdown Thread, More Bus Moves, CTA Bus Garage Rosters,  or the individual series. These are pinned to the top of the list because they are important, and thus were made easy to find.

Today's examples stuck in my craw because I had just created the Bus Priority Zones and Labor shortage, missing buses and trains, and inaccurate trackers topics, but someone decided to mess them up, but the principle exists nonetheless.

If a reply goes off point, one can click the + next to Quote, and insert the quote box in a different topic.

But thank you for recognizing the issue. ☺️