Jump to content

Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions


Kevin
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/8/2021 at 12:42 PM, artthouwill said:

I don't know if the changes were made with phones in mind, which I primarily use.  There used to be 3 bars in my upper right hand corner, which is now gone.  When I clicked on the bars, i had the option of clicking the bell you mentioned, or the envelope if someone dropped a PM.   Fortunately I received a message on the bottom of my screen that I had a message,  but it probably disappears if I don't tap it in 3 seconds 

This should be fixed now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This having been said, is there anyway to get a wider suite of reactions?

 

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

I've enabled a couple additional ones that were available out of the box. Did you have any particular suggestions?

 

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

 

Confused and Sad aren’t positive reactions, so I don’t see why they should add to one’s reputation. Having more reactions available encourages quantity of posts over quality.

I also don’t think there should be a downvote button because that discourages people from discussing why they disagree. So, the system is fine the way it is.

 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

They do not add to reputation as they are considered "neutral" reactions.

Confused is actually a great one. I know I often run into confusing content here (although I imagine I might still need to formulate my actual question). I think maybe a "Great" or an "Excited" might be useful to differentiate btwn "Thanks" or "Love". 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, Catazat said:

Can I please have an invite to the discord? All the ones I find are expired.

Are you talking about that Chicagoland Transit discord server owned by Chicagocubs6323? This isn't the thread to ask but I'm not in that server but I will try and find a link if I can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

PMs not blocked so who is delusional now. Besides this forum doesn't pay my bills my job does. Enough with the bs already

Really????????????? For anybody else's information, this is what I got when I attempted to PM you:really.thumb.jpg.f7d3ebe47ff2f09263c911d824558210.jpg

 

If this was  not your doing, maybe the Administrators can explain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

Really????????????? For anybody else's information, this is what I got when I attempted to PM you:

 

If this was  not your doing, maybe the Administrators can explain.

I'm looking into this, but so far I don't have an explanation. Are you able to send messages to other users without issue?

Update: Support documentation indicates that this can occur if the person being contacted has listed a member on their "Ignore List."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'm looking into this, but so far I don't have an explanation. Are you able to send messages to other users without issue?

Update: Support documentation indicates that this can occur if the person being contacted has listed a member on their "Ignore List."

I was able to send you a message, so I'm sure that's what happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Couldn't find the chicagobus.org updates thread but ima put this here till y'all put it in the thread, but chicagobus.org says X98 is out of north park when it's actually out of forest glen.

X98 was out of North Park from 6/23/2002 to 4/1/2013 when it was reduced to a southbound journey only and moved to Forest Glen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

X98 was out of North Park from 6/23/2002 to 4/1/2013 when it was reduced to a southbound journey only and moved to Forest Glen.

Oh I never knew that, they makes sense now since it’s only SB and not NB too which works for a FG bus coming out of another route

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...