1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

#1357 is rehabbed. That's what I was waiting for at kimball brown. #1342 is out here too. I got to check that one out too. I'm still on #1357. I'll take a picture here in a minute.

​Here's the shots, since when does the side advertising sign match the top? #1357's rear route display wasn't working. Almost missed #1342. It was a ghost bus and I had to remember where I saw it.

#1357:

cta_1357_on_82.thumb.PNG.6482fe48a744fff

#1342:

cta_1342_on_82.thumb.PNG.83407d2fa4a41eb

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

#1851 is rehabbed on the #39, #1395 is rehabbed on the #50 and #1902 is rehabbed on the #49. Traffic is terrible at Archer/western. All these #39's seem to be short turning.

​Here's a shot of #1851. I discovered #1684 is a mechanical rehab on the #36

cta_1851_on_39.thumb.PNG.efd8b6223243b99.

#1928 now has been out for 2 days consecutively. That could be rehabbed. #1795 has also shown up on the #49, so that would be one to check too.

​#1928 is rehabbed, I tried to snap a shot of it during the monsoon this afternoon. I noticed #1024 seems to be rehabbed too. It was dead with it's 4 way flashers on at Lasalle/Jackson. (maybe it had a flooded engine :P) It has a noticeably newer paint job and has all the exterior upgrades. The lights were off, but I'm 99.9 percent sure it's rehabbed. Then I floated over to #49, where I saw #1795 completely rehabbed. I got soaked, first walking through standing water and then by being rained on. It was pretty exciting watching service during the storm. Belmont was flooded over by the Kennedy a good one to two feet. The bus went through it, but I noticed quite a few dead buses out like #6840 by Addison/Kilbourn. Don't know if the viaduct had anything to do with that and then there was a dead bus over by Milwaukee/Kilbourn. I got to see some weird stuff like a #76 to Harlem turning west at Pulaski/Addison. I don't know what was up on the #76 and then i saw my first bus/nova ever on Oak Park (aside from outside Read Center) around Addison. It said #77 to Harlem, pulling in. My operator on the #152, which was going to Cumberland suddenly announces at Nordica that she was only going to Harlem. We had a bus full of Cubs fans and they all booed and called out (nothing obscene) and she then decided to take us to Cumberland. Her leader was only going to Harlem and had left our bus in the dust at the relief point. I don't know where the follower was but I was prepared to walk. The ride out from Blue line was about an hour, half of it spent stuck in traffic behind #6840.

cta_1928.thumb.png.089ba265603f2b42da1ac

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

#1656 is a mechanical rehab on the #18 and #1538 is rehabbed on the #29 but it's missing all exterior upgrades. #1785 is also rehabbed on the #50.

​I got some pictures of #1785. #1024 was showing up on the #125 but it wasn't moving. Could it have a dead motor two consecutive days in a row?

cta_1785_on_50.thumb.PNG.7cb95cba50a530c

cta_1785_on_50_north_side.thumb.PNG.98ca

​I got some pictures of #1785. #1024 was showing up on the #125 but it wasn't moving. Could it have a dead motor two consecutive days in a row?

​If you are referring to BusTracker, Pace experience indicates that you are looking at something messed up in the gps system (the link of hardware running all the facets of the Clever Devices system in this case). However, at the moment, Bus Finder has it on 18 and in motion.

1024.jpg

#1883 is out on the #96. That might be another rehab at np. #1849 is also out on the #82, but that might be a mechanical rehab. No sign of #1482 yet unless it's a ghost bus.

​Got to see #1883 right before it pulled in. It's a mechanical rehab fresh from the shops. i was wondering with these mechanical rehabs, is there an issue why the lighting can't be replaced? Seems funny 90 percent of the mechanical rehabs are still out there today.

​Got to see #1883 right before it pulled in. It's a mechanical rehab fresh from the shops. i was wondering with these mechanical rehabs, is there an issue why the lighting can't be replaced? Seems funny 90 percent of the mechanical rehabs are still out there today.

​Are you kidding me??? What the hell is up with these mechanical rehabs as of lately? It's funny how #1883 is only the first bus in the 1800s to be mechanically rehabbed. We're almost at 900 of them being rehabbed and you telling me that they couldn't establish a full rehab???

#1364 is rehabbed on the #9. Still has the K sticker.#1693 is also rehabbed on the #93. Damn how long has #1693 been out of service. It has it's Ventra in the old location so it can scan off everyone's balance.

Edited by BusHunter