1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Rehabbed: #1390 #1408 #1839 #1850 #1852 #2027

Special rehabbed or updated via maintenance: #1147 #1183 #1931

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: 25 others 

Awaiting for rehab process: #1372 #1633 #1678 #1777 #1781 #1793 #1838 #1940 #1958 #2013 #2029

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service

Other Notes: #1147 and #1390 have been repaired.

Photos of #1147.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nice pics!! Been wondering what was the status of #1147. No sign of #1482? I think maybe it might have come back rebuilt but unrehabbed and now it may have gone off to Cummins Diesel. We might have to wait two more months for it to cycle through it's rehab before we see it unless it's a ghost bus.

i got some pictures myself of the two new releases today.

#1693:

cta_1693_on_93.thumb.PNG.74b1b73165451e3

#1364:

cta_1364_on_9.thumb.PNG.375d70363aeb4ce0

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 2

Nice pics!! Been wondering what was the status of #1147. No sign of #1482? I think maybe it might have come back rebuilt but unrehabbed and now it may have gone off to Cummins Diesel. We might have to wait two more months for it to cycle through it's rehab before we see it unless it's a ghost bus.

i got some pictures myself of the two new releases today.

#1693:

cta_1693_on_93.thumb.PNG.74b1b73165451e3

#1364:

cta_1364_on_9.thumb.PNG.375d70363aeb4ce0

Thanks! The question is, where's #1147 going to go? Back to 74th or Chicago? I really don't think #1482 was never back in service. I absolutely have no proof but witnessing unofficial claims about it.

Chicago is more in need than 74th but if they are short they might as well send it back to 74th. If chicago doesn't get the 40-45 rehabs it needs to knock out the #6400's will they be getting another super swap for fall pick?

It gets down to the wire if NP really needed so many of them earlier this year. I'm really surprised Kedzie didn't receive some of them that were rehabbed. Some of the non-rehabs should've made way to 74th or swaps with 77th. I don't know what the hell they're thinking with all those mechanical rehab ones at 77th.

It gets down to the wire if NP really needed so many of them earlier this year. I'm really surprised Kedzie didn't receive some of them that were rehabbed. Some of the non-rehabs should've made way to 74th or swaps with 77th. I don't know what the hell they're thinking with all those mechanical rehab ones at 77th.

And the best part is they never seem to fully rehab them. You watch, when these 60 or so buses get rehabbed Rahm Emanual will come on and say we are all done now, while we watch our tv's and internet feeds and think to ourselves what about the mechanicals. 9_9 I think the rehab count is so low now they could have probably just went with all of them at one garage, give them a few spares and shrink the fleet even more to the other two garages. They could have knocked that #6400 count down even more maybe even possibly having fg as the only garage to have #6400's. I'm just shocked how low some of these fleets are 240 at 74th? 237 at 103rd? even NP has taken a massive hit on 40 footers. Probably I would choose Kedzie as that last garage with unrehabbed buses but that would majorly screw Chicago out of the #2000's as that's most of what they need to rehab now.

And the best part is they never seem to fully rehab them. You watch, when these 60 or so buses get rehabbed Rahm Emanual will come on and say we are all done now, while we watch our tv's and internet feeds and think to ourselves what about the mechanicals. 9_9 I think the rehab count is so low now they could have probably just went with all of them at one garage, give them a few spares and shrink the fleet even more to the other two garages. They could have knocked that #6400 count down even more maybe even possibly having fg as the only garage to have #6400's. I'm just shocked how low some of these fleets are 240 at 74th? 237 at 103rd? even NP has taken a massive hit on 40 footers. Probably I would choose Kedzie as that last garage with unrehabbed buses but that would majorly screw Chicago out of the #2000's as that's most of what they need to rehab now.

Indeed. 103rd is a wild card garage even though it's been very consistent with rehabbed buses for quite a while. You wanna talk about massive hit? 74th has been through a roller coaster ride with swaps after swaps after swaps making extremely inconsistent with the count. I don't know what's the deal with Kedzie but that would take more effect towards Chicago if it was the scenario of Kedzie obtaining more non-rehabbed buses. The bottom line is one or two garages is going to get hit HARD when they do start retiring more Novas in the future. The question is, who???

Indeed. 103rd is a wild card garage even though it's been very consistent with rehabbed buses for quite a while. You wanna talk about massive hit? 74th has been through a roller coaster ride with swaps after swaps after swaps making extremely inconsistent with the count. I don't know what's the deal with Kedzie but that would take more effect towards Chicago if it was the scenario of Kedzie obtaining more non-rehabbed buses. The bottom line is one or two garages is going to get hit HARD when they do start retiring more Novas in the future. The question is, who???

Fg will probably get the rest of the #7900's unless they are hell bent on Chicago getting some. Busjack alluded to the electric buses plan has no funding, so it sounds like they will get the 450 #7900's now. Fg really deserves them all for what they and the north side's been put up with. (not that that will probably happen, i have a hard time believing CTA is in such a giving mood) They have a saying that goes "they've been rode hard and put up wet" alluding to horses but it has a metaphorical meaning as well. Fg's been rode hard and they deserve good things to come there way. Anything's better than the #6400's, except maybe the ice cream trucks o.O:P (#500's) Hell I'll even be happy with all #1000's!!

These #1300's i just can't figure out, we have #1364 on the #9, #1353 at 74th, #1357 and #1359 passed me on the #82, it's like wth, where do the #1300's belong? Hopefully they will straighten these fleets out because they are really confusing and if the windshield doesn't have the right garage code that bus will just go wherever it says it's going.

Fg will probably get the rest of the #7900's unless they are hell bent on Chicago getting some. Busjack alluded to the electric buses plan has no funding...

Electric buses are in their infancy across the U.S and even Canada right now. It'll be several years before any U.S or Canadian transit agency trusts them enough to have a reasonably sized fleet of them. I can see 10-20, but 100+ is a bit much until transit companies and bus manufacturers review data on the test buses in the marketplace right now. Until then, the only bus options are Clean Diesel, Hybrid, and CNG.

Fg will probably get the rest of the #7900's unless they are hell bent on Chicago getting some. Busjack alluded to the electric buses plan has no funding, so it sounds like they will get the 450 #7900's now. Fg really deserves them all for what they and the north side's been put up with. (not that that will probably happen, i have a hard time believing CTA is in such a giving mood) They have a saying that goes "they've been rode hard and put up wet" alluding to horses but it has a metaphorical meaning as well. Fg's been rode hard and they deserve good things to come there way. Anything's better than the #6400's, except maybe the ice cream trucks o.O:P (#500's) Hell I'll even be happy with all #1000's!!

These #1300's i just can't figure out, we have #1364 on the #9, #1353 at 74th, #1357 and #1359 passed me on the #82, it's like wth, where do the #1300's belong? Hopefully they will straighten these fleets out because they are really confusing and if the windshield doesn't have the right garage code that bus will just go wherever it says it's going.

It makes me wonder if the fleet ever going to be stabilized after all rehabs are complete or after the rest of the Novas arrive?

#1841 is rehabbed on the #82 complete with unpainted replacement body panels!! Pictures tonight.

Damn #1850 is a mechanical rehab on the #157!!

Here pictures of both of them. #1850 looks pretty good from the outside. :P

#1841:

cta_1841_on_82.thumb.PNG.5261044f99ef688

#1850:

cta_1850_on_157.thumb.PNG.a3559098f6650f

They should be a shame of themselves...... :|

#1839 and #1852 are out at Kedzie today. New releases from the shop. I keep wanting to check #1065 but it keeps pulling in prematurely. I thought I saw it a week or two ago and it was unrehabbed. If so it would be the last one I ever saw unrehabbed. i haven't seen an unrehabbed bus now since #1928 a good month ago.

Edited by BusHunter

I'm still disappointed about that!

I can't trust anything anymore. Rosters that say a bus is dead when it's in service, buses that are supposed to be rehabbed and their not, fully. Best thing is try to get out in the field and verify these things. I appreciate your trips to south shops though, so don't get me wrong. CTA just needs better book keeping. If the buses are wrong, what else is incorrect.

BTW, spotted #1351 at Kedzie, damn didn't I say that was at 74th? #1366 popped up at 74th, IIRC on the #47, but #1367 is a Kedzie bus. So it's like every four buses in the #1300's 74th gets one. Very confusing and not what the roster says.

Edited by BusHunter

I can't trust anything anymore. Rosters that say a bus is dead when it's in service, buses that are supposed to be rehabbed and their not, fully. Best thing is try to get out in the field and verify these things. I appreciate your trips to south shops though, so don't get me wrong. CTA just needs better book keeping. If the buses are wrong, what else is incorrect.

BTW, spotted #1351 at Kedzie, damn didn't I say that was at 74th? #1366 popped up at 74th, IIRC on the #47, but #1367 is a Kedzie bus. So it's like every four buses in the #1300's 74th gets one. Very confusing and not what the roster says.

Yeah, I know no choice but to refrain myself from disclosing updates that's not accurate thanks to this bs from the shop. Hell, makes me wanna get some kind of access inside the shop to see for my damn self! xD

By the way, #1183 and #1931 were updated via maintenance. #1184 (possible for a full rehab) and #1947 are in maintenance procedure. #1848 and #2024 are awaiting rehab.