Service changes 12/20/15 pick

andrethebusman

I was running through the links that work for the advance winter pick schedules (some links still don't work) and I happened to find that it looks like the #48 is going to be cut back to 87th/Damen terminal. No more service to the vicinity of the former Evergreen Plaza is reflected. Guess someone at CTA got the same idea that some here on the forum had that service south of 87th no longer made as much since the mall has been gone for quite some time now. I didn't realize that Andre made a winter pick change thread so I moved my post here and will delete my thread that had this original post.

Maybe not a change, but as I noted with regard to X9, various schedules have W only trips and other weekday trips, such as 7, 12, and 15, which specifically says school days only.* What happens on Wednesday that the schools let out at a different time

*Also has the usual "additional service on school days" box.

7 hours ago, jajuan said:

I was running through the links that work for the advance winter pick schedules (some links still don't work) and I happened to find that it looks like the #48 is going to be cut back to 87th/Damen terminal. No more service to the vicinity of the former Evergreen Plaza is reflected. Guess someone at CTA got the same idea that some here on the forum had that service south of 87th no longer made as much since the mall has been gone for quite some time now. I didn't realize that Andre made a winter pick change thread so I moved my post here and will delete my thread that had this original post.

And the #95W will be terminating at 87th/Damen as well

4 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Yes, so the explanation is that it goes back to what it was earlier this year. Looks like the right to turn around on the property ended, and south 0f 87th is overserved.

6 hours ago, cta5658 said:

I didn't think to check #95W, but I agree with Busjack that it sounds like once again the right to turn around at the property disappeared as that would better explain 95W terminating at 87th/Damen again. I can't imagine that a connection between maintained between those routes being that important in CTA management's minds.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 10:15 AM, jajuan said:

I didn't think to check #95W, but I agree with Busjack that it sounds like once again the right to turn around at the property disappeared as that would better explain 95W terminating at 87th/Damen again. I can't imagine that a connection between maintained between those routes being that important in CTA management's minds.

Question, I wonder how the WB 95W destination signs are gonna look like starting sunday since they'll be going to 87th/Damen?

7 schedules have been updated to show the EB detour on Morgan and Jackson. 

No new 60 schedule to show the detour or the Loop Link adjustments. 

IDOT emailed me back, and told me that the Halsted and Harrison bridges will reopen "spring" 2016. At that time the 7 and 60 will return to the normal routing. 

Also surprised that no new 124 schedule is being published despite the route change. 

Should have asked them how long this Addison - Oak Park - Belmont -  Austin over the regular route reroute is going to last. It's adding 30 minutes to the Addison commute. I know all those operators are late. The CTA website had said 12/14 service would be restored, but no dice. Harlem actually beats it by 15 minutes if you go Harlem/Addison to Harlem/Blue to Addison/Blue versus a #152 Harlem/Addison to Addison/Blue.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

7 schedules have been updated to show the EB detour on Morgan and Jackson. 

No new 60 schedule to show the detour or the Loop Link adjustments. 

IDOT emailed me back, and told me that the Halsted and Harrison bridges will reopen "spring" 2016. At that time the 7 and 60 will return to the normal routing. 

Also surprised that no new 124 schedule is being published despite the route change. 

Well they have the alert up for #124 new routing on Washington.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=32074

Well, it seems to be a few changes with a few routes along with the addition and return of X9 Ashland Express and X49 Western Express routes...

J14 Jeffery Jump will return back to its SB routing EB on Washington between Jefferson and Michigan and SB on Michigan from Washington to Monroe and continue on its regular route. 

48 South Damen will end all trips at 87th/Damen terminal and 95W West 95th will extend from 95th/Western to 87th/Damen via 95th, Western, 87th to 87th/Damen terminal...due to no service to the former Evergreen Plaza site. 

108 Halsted/95th no school trips from Hegewisch to Carver Academy. 

Edited by renardo870
correct spelling and add full name of bus route
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I was paging through some schedules. A new 124 schedule was published for the 12/20/15 service change and the 60 has a schedule dated 11/25, showing the EB detour routing on Morgan and Jackson.

Yeah 124 got an updated schedule to reflect EB buses returning to Washington to take advantage of the Loop Link lanes. It just never had a service notice link on the advance schedule page like other updated routes for whatever reason.

23 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

One change nobody seems to have noticed affected N4-Cottage Grove - owls via Michigan-Madison-State-Washington-Michigan loop instead of to Columbus/S Water

There were passenger notices that N4 was changing due to the Loop Link. Still there.

On December 30, 2015 at 7:44 PM, andrethebusman said:

One change nobody seems to have noticed affected N4-Cottage Grove - owls via Michigan-Madison-State-Washington-Michigan loop instead of to Columbus/S Water

On December 30, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Busjack said:

There were passenger notices that N4 was changing due to the Loop Link. Still there.

N4 to Madison/State has been established for years now. That's nothing new at all. I see them a lot especially when I ride 22 during late nights. Now I don't like the fact that it terminates at 63rd/King Drive during OWL serivce. 

On 12/31/2015 at 1:36 AM, garmon757 said:

N4 to Madison/State has been established for years now. That's nothing new at all. I see them a lot especially when I ride 22 during late nights. Now I don't like the fact that it terminates at 63rd/King Drive during OWL serivce. 

No I think he meant the fact that the owl routing is shortened back to only going as far as Washington/State once again except this time under modified routing. Yeah it's been going there for owl service since CTA first established Washington/State as the downtown bus terminus for downtown routes during owl periods in the mid-1990s. But in recent years prior to the current winter pick N4 buses were going to the day/evening Columbus/S. Water terminus first and doing a layover before going to Washington/State via the Randolph, State, Washington routing that N4 to Washington/State service was first introduced with. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, jajuan said:

No I think he meant the fact that the owl routing is shortened back to only going as far as Washington/State once again except this time under modified routing. Yeah it's been going there for owl service since CTA first established Washington/State as the downtown bus terminus for downtown routes during owl periods in the mid-1990s. But in recent years prior to the current winter pick N4 buses were going to the day/evening Columbus/S. Water terminus first and doing a layover before going to Washington/State via the Randolph, State, Washington routing that N4 to Washington/State service was first introduced with. 

Ah! Well said! Thanks!