Pace Bus Tracker App or Website

ajay

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, mary fahey said:

I would like to know why Pace 381 has so many ghost busses? People have appointments and need to go to work. The app is never correct. Have you thought about putting the real time on the app instead of having people stand on the corner for a half hour or more. This is extreme;y frustrating especially in very hot or cold days.

This is a better thread for your question. 

I'm not exactly sure what app you use to track Pace buses.  On my Ventra App, it lists the estimated arrival times for the routes nearest me, be it CTA or Pace.  Even so, there are times when buses are supposed to arrive and don't.   Then there are the ghost buses.  My recommendation is to download the 381 schedule.  When you are ready to travel, check the Ventra App or whatever you use to track that particular bus.  You can also call SW Division at the Lost and Found number on the schedule.

22 hours ago, mary fahey said:

I would like to know why Pace 381 has so many ghost busses? People have appointments and need to go to work. The app is never correct. Have you thought about putting the real time on the app instead of having people stand on the corner for a half hour or more. This is extreme;y frustrating especially in very hot or cold days.

In addition to what @artthouwill said, it isn't clear to me what your complaint is. The term "ghost bus," as used in this forum, means a bus on the route that does not register on the tracker, but it seems like you are complaining about buses that are not on the road at all.

The version with bus times basically just use estimates or scheduled times.

image.png.c577fb0428cf2d8541cc0c6f1806bad3.png

I usually use a map, which indicates that there is only one bus in the middle of the route.

image.thumb.png.edd4dc38223a97e877184e386f7300a7.png

That would indicate to me that at least the buses are bunched, or one of the two problems I noted above occurred. But if I were waiting for a bus at Cicero, I would stay inside until the bus was at Central.

I would contact Pace customer service if you think the route doesn't have enough buses to maintain the 20-minute interval.

Ghost buses in your case @mary faheyaren't applicable. They're missed trips that should've been wiped from the arrival boards and bus tracker

Service delivery is only as good as available drivers on hand; and if the last 850 days have dictated nationwide, very few agencies are at full strength. Hopefully that'll change soon. 

13 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

Ghost buses in your case @mary faheyaren't applicable. They're missed trips that should've been wiped from the arrival boards and bus tracker

Service delivery is only as good as available drivers on hand; and if the last 850 days have dictated nationwide, very few agencies are at full strength. Hopefully that'll change soon. 

Undoubtedly the case. My analysis of the schedule at the time I posted was a minimum of 5 buses, not counting layovers, and only 4 buses with 3 at or near the terminals doesn't hack it.

16 hours ago, Busjack said:

Undoubtedly the case. My analysis of the schedule at the time I posted was a minimum of 5 buses, not counting layovers, and only 4 buses with 3 at or near the terminals doesn't hack it.

Intuition was correct. Webwatch now shows 6 buses.

image.thumb.png.fe633c8cc93ef66ce027fadf8e583a95.png

• 1 year later...