Chicagoland Transit Discord

WCR

There is now a discord server for everyone "Transit-Oriented". On here everyone can be in a live group chat and/or call talking about transit or be part of live multiplayer bus and train simulation gameplay, including OMSI 2 and Train Simulator 2019. You can also share your photography, art, or just talk about transit in general.

Help us bring all the Chicagoland railfans together!

Join at: https://discord.gg/x9CHMRT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I was one of the earlier users in this Discord, and I have been banned because Cross AKA Chicagocubs6323 has banned me for protection of a user. It was cool though.

What does "protection of a user" mean and why is that bad? Or do you mean that you were banned for violating a user protection (privacy) policy?

39 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

What does "protection of a user" mean and why is that bad? Or do you mean that you were banned for violating a user protection (privacy) policy?

I did not recall violating a user protection or a privacy policy, but that is what the owner of the Discord has told me during an email.

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

That's exactly what happened.  It's sensitive information I do not want to share here and I don't know why @Erin Mishkin Jr.would even bring this up in the 1st place.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

We have rules on the server just like here on the forums.  Please do not come over here and vent out because you did something wrong as it would be explained in the ban message.

The purpose of the server is for everyone to have a safe clean and comfortable environment for everyone to have fun in our interests in transit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I also made this server because I wanted to give everyone more of a closer feeling with members of the community since Discord has live voice and text chats.  Even with the few members we have so far it's been working out pretty smoothly.  

As for the simulated runs I'm promoting, we need operators and dispatchers.  

Dispatchers give the operators a run number (or time-stamp), manage multiple trains on a line including through interlockings and when trains divert onto other tracks, troubleshoot any kind of service disruptions that may occur (running delayed trains Express, short-turns, 10-72s or 12-9s in NYC,  mech problems,  sending trains OOS, .etc).  Most importantly track the location of trains and give trains a call back location.

Operators operate (no.. duh... ) on any given route following directions from the dispatchers and communicate with other trains ahead or behind as well.  Communication is key!  They follow instructions from dispatch including calling back at certain stations/locations, call RCC for line-up/signal clearance and if anything unexpected arises, and of course follow safety guidelines from RTO handbook (concept of R-6.4, for example).

The whole concept of multiplayer has been done in other communities and I wanted to introduce it here as well as it has been something pretty fun and successful.  

If anyone interested has any questions or comments, now that I explained the idea of the Discord server more thoroughly, feel free to comment on this page.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Chicago Transit Enthusiasts (CTE) is our latest extension from the Discord which now has a facebook group welcoming all of our members that live and breathe transit of Illinois and the greater chicagoland area from the forums.This group was created for generic transit discussions involving operations of the RTA throughout the Chicagoland area while also sharing the same interest for transit.Posts regarding topics such as funding, rail, buses, management and major transit news should be posted here. The idea for the group is to create an environment where we all can gain knowledge and perspective on each other's experiences with transit in Chicago.Anything about CTA (both bus and rail), Metra, Pace is welcome here including their operations and history.   

Chicago Transit Enthusiasts (CTE) can be found via facebook Please come and join us as we want to create a new experience for everyone to enjoy. 

• 3 years later...