8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

On 9/14/2024 at 10:19 PM, Busjack said:

I'm just asking. We have @Adam Hubbard just asking if FG is going to be all NFs and you saying "Darn it" if a few Novas in temporary storage at FG were moved, when it was clear from the DNC that FG was going to be used as a holding pen, since it has room after the acquired properties were razed. I don't know if these two suppositions are consistent, but at least you said your reason.

I highly doubt that. So far it’s NP that’s all NF. If anything I think 103rd and/or Forest Glen would go will all novas.

7 hours ago, Al Mac said:

I highly doubt that. So far it’s NP that’s all NF. If anything I think 103rd and/or Forest Glen would go will all novas.

No, it isn't. At least  recently it had 2 7900s and 2 8350s. 8596 is running on 22 now.

Again do you have any evidence that NP, which is second to last on the electric bus transition list, is going to run all rusted junk on 40' routes until 2037? Only thing on which one can bet is More Bus Moves.-

image.thumb.png.d86ad38c70a2036e6c8ee552b5d7faa9.pngAlso 8639

image.thumb.png.bf3f471efb422e1ad65c5962061431a9.png

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

No, it isn't. At least  recently it had 2 7900s and 2 8350s. 8596 is running on 22 now.

Again do you have any evidence that NP, which is second to last on the electric bus transition list, is going to run all rusted junk on 40' routes until 2037? Only thing on which one can bet is More Bus Moves.-

image.thumb.png.d86ad38c70a2036e6c8ee552b5d7faa9.pngAlso 8639

image.thumb.png.bf3f471efb422e1ad65c5962061431a9.png

Any time I board a bus from NP it’s always artic flyers or regular 40ft flyers. The “new” novas probably were just added to the fleet but long before that they always had a unique, popular fleet of flyers. 

42 minutes ago, Al Mac said:

but long before that they always had a unique, popular fleet of flyers. 

I sure don't know how popular they were (did you take a survey?) but half of its current fleet was 103rd's fleet (also a chunk from 74th). But I guess you like the other half with the rusted frames.

3 hours ago, Al Mac said:

Any time I board a bus from NP it’s always artic flyers or regular 40ft flyers. The “new” novas probably were just added to the fleet but long before that they always had a unique, popular fleet of flyers. 

I rode a single Nova on the 22 several years ago, was shocked to see it there.  Haven't seen one since & only see them on the the E/W routes & a couple of the Evanston routes that run out of Forest Glen.