8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

52 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Is it possible that another garage will start receiving new buses starting with 8500?  With 8500 - 8649, it's possible for two garages to get 75 buses each or less likely that three garages get 50 each.  I expect two garages with one being either 77th or 74th and one being a West Side garage ( C or K).

Honestly, I think 103rd and K will get that next batch you're referring to. 74th and 77th can go a while longer off of what they have currently. I've been checking our roster all year and nothing new minus #1197 has been added to our fleet at 77th. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

@Shannoncvpi I guess you we're right about seeing an #8350 on a flatbed because look at what I saw this morning getting  unloaded at SS, #8487. ?

20230511_104251.jpg

Like I surmised before, NovaBus may not have the manpower and/or finances to have hikers driving buses all over the country and then fly the hikers back to New York.  It nay be cheaper and more efficient to have flatbeds deliver the busses.  Hopefully that contractor isn't shortstaffed.

20 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Like I surmised before, NovaBus may not have the manpower and/or finances to have hikers driving buses all over the country and then fly the hikers back to New York.  It nay be cheaper and more efficient to have flatbeds deliver the busses.  Hopefully that contractor isn't shortstaffed.

I think this may be related to something else because #8487 was initially delivered to SS on 3/9 of this year,  Although I do understand where you're coming from. As I'm typing this #8522 and #8530 were delivered to SS either late last night or earlier this morning. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Policeman said:

8510 30

8482 95

8486 108

8476 29

all these buses hit service today

I'm surprised 8510 is at 103rd.   Is 103rd going to get rid of all its 40ft New Flyers?  I was expecting another garage to start receiving new buses.  At this rate we might have to surprised the 8550s possibly be the batch that gets assigned to another garage. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:05 PM, alphabetlore1044 said:

5 buses are joined at 103rd

8459 enter service on 95 as 95-105

8477 enter service on 171 as 171-151

8480 enter service on 71 as 71-151

8483 enter service on 95 as 108-151

8489 enter service on 100 as 100-153

23 hours ago, alphabetlore1044 said:

8497 enter service on the 71 as 71-153

8469 enter service on the 28 as 28-154

8 hours ago, Policeman said:

8460 hit service on the 95

38 minutes ago, Policeman said:

8510 30

8482 95

8486 108

8476 29

all these buses hit service today

8479 also enter service on the 28 as 28-155

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I'm surprised 8510 is at 103rd.   Is 103rd going to get rid of all its 40ft New Flyers?  I was expecting another garage to start receiving new buses.  At this rate we might have to surprised the 8550s possibly be the batch that gets assigned to another garage. 

North Park, Kedzie and Possibly 77th might get elderly #1000s from 103rd because there at a surplus now.

27 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

With Control watching and supervision being over there they already let us know not to go through. 

Aw ok yea cause they aren't doing no type of work I think it's just a shame so the city can have more traffic go by the speed came to get more money

38 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw ok yea cause they aren't doing no type of work I think it's just a shame so the city can have more traffic go by the speed came to get more money

They're just now starting today believe it or not. I think the bigger work plans will start later this spring going into the summer. Crews have already started chipping away at the viaduct wall where they have spray painted cut zones. So whatever work is needed I hope they repave the street lime they're doing on 71st from Cottage to State Street. 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

They're just now starting today believe it or not. I think the bigger work plans will start later this spring going into the summer. Crews have already started chipping away at the viaduct wall where they have spray painted cut zones. So whatever work is needed I hope they repave the street lime they're doing on 71st from Cottage to State Street. 

Aw see I didn't know what they was doing they blocked it off & just had it like that but they do need to replace that part & the one on 69th at south chicago 

I forgot about co trol be watching cause the other day while it was a shooting on 20 near just on the other side of Koster I made my own detour I went down Koster up Monroe & out Kildare I believe I was told dont do that again wait for a supervisor but then control said nevermind gotta remember who I am talking too lmfao