Pace Orions at Academy...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode the 600 on #2290. Still works decently....and I'm starting to realize that they're assigning the wrong types of buses on both of these routes (Orion on a 600, NABI on 606)

Not really, after it finishes doing #600, it will most likely become a #606.

I rode the 600 on #2290. Still works decently....and I'm starting to realize that they're assigning the wrong types of buses on both of these routes (Orion on a 600, NABI on 606)

We dont really have much of a choice, 17 Nabis assigned to Academy and only a handful of Orions left.

We dont really have much of a choice, 17 Nabis assigned to Academy and only a handful of Orions left.

I'm aware of the interlining, and I'm aware of the lack of Orions to begin with. :P

(Perhaps I'm counting the days before they send an ElDorko your way)

This also confuses me, however: I was on 6681 towards Rosemont (Drove to the NWTC this morning), and I noticed a bunch of 855 timetables next to the 606 ones. Did we miss something or was this an isolated incident.

I'm aware of the interlining, and I'm aware of the lack of Orions to begin with. :P

This also confuses me, however: I was on 6681 towards Rosemont (Drove to the NWTC this morning), and I noticed a bunch of 855 timetables next to the 606 ones. Did we miss something or was this an isolated incident.

Please keep ElDorkos away from Academy! Nova Classics!! Those would work just fine with me!! :) Youre absolutely right, I dont know why there are #855 timetables placed on board our mainline Pace buses. They should be distributed on the coach buses that operate #855 trips. Theres no reason for them to be on the regular buses. Its one of those things I guess, and Im guilty of this as well, we tend to overlook at what timetables are placed aboard each bus. Although I try to make sure there are a sufficient supply and the correct routes. Pace supplies us with boxes and boxes of timetables at Academy of all the routes we operate. The #606 timetables tend to go the quickest but I try to take it upon myself as a bus operator to make sure they are distributed and they will be of benefit to the riders.

I noticed yesterday an operator threw a whole stack of 855 schedules away while@NWTC(not exactly

sure why,but I guess he figured they were not needed either)

I rode 2290 (40 ft) bus on 326 yesterday and observed a 35 ft NABI 6606 on the 606 leaving Rosemont. I seems to me that the buses should've been reversed.

Orion #2290 is a 35ft, not a 40ft bus.

Back in the day, most 616s interlined with the 606, I do remember one 616 which left Rosemont around 4:15 to 4:30 p.m. that actually came off of a 326 lunch relief.

To this day the #616s still interline with the #606 route.

• 1 month later...

Looks like part of the destination sign is broken on 2374, but I know that was a saved bus as a result of a new engine from a different bus.

No, the dest. sign was working properly I just snapped it at the moment it "flipped". It reads "699 Palatine/Rand Grove Vill" the bus was repowered with the diesel engine from #2307.