More Bus Moves

sw4400

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

While I agree that Forest Glen shouldn't be shafted as far as having new equipment,  the question is how much new equipment do they need?  On weekends nearly half of their fleet is laid up in the garage.  So whatever old equipment they have can get a break  which is why CTA sends high mileage buses there because they won't rack up nearly as many miles.

Also @YoungBusLover pointed out that South Shops had nowhere to store the new arrivals so FG became the default storage garage since they had room.  There are still 200 more buses to be delivered to be divided between 77th, 74th. FG, and possibly NP.  

55 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Why are you so hung up on that? Looks like NP is next

Yeah there's no maybe to NP. It already has two. So it's a matter of how many at this point after seeing how many 74th may get and how much much of a further bump up the other two possibly get if they do get a bump up. When it comes to getting 8350s, it's K that got the shaft when look at the numbers.😂

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

Yeah there's no maybe to NP. It already has two. So it's a matter of how many at this point after seeing how many 74th may get and how much much of a further bump up the other two possibly get if they do get a bump up. When it comes to getting 8350s, it's K that got the shaft when look at the numbers.😂

Kedzie definitely got shafted 😂, Thank you for responding to that part of my statement. To this day I don't understand why they only have 33 #8350s and to add insult to injury NP steals 2 of them. 

19 hours ago, artthouwill said:

While I agree that Forest Glen shouldn't be shafted as far as having new equipment,  the question is how much new equipment do they need?  On weekends nearly half of their fleet is laid up in the garage.  So whatever old equipment they have can get a break  which is why CTA sends high mileage buses there because they won't rack up nearly as many miles.

Also @YoungBusLover pointed out that South Shops had nowhere to store the new arrivals so FG became the default storage garage since they had room.  There are still 200 more buses to be delivered to be divided between 77th, 74th. FG, and possibly NP.  

Yea that's all I'm with as many buses coming in 7 can pull right from the new buses that's coming in now lol

I have a theory on this, and it's not "NP is not going to get any." by my calculation, an even distribution among 7 garages would be 85 8350s and 65 1000s, with artics and 7900s making up the difference (of approx. 100 per garage). As I noted, NP on the street looks like old 103rd (and now 74th) with 1100s and 1400-1500s. Its 1700s-1800s are falling away, and the remaining probably will be replaced with about 85 of the  200 buses to be delivered in the next 6 months. The other 115 will be scattered around.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2024 at 6:07 PM, Busjack said:

I have a theory on this, and it's not "NP is not going to get any." by my calculation, an even distribution among 7 garages would be 85 8350s and 65 1000s, with artics and 7900s making up the difference (of approx. 100 per garage). As I noted, NP on the street looks like old 103rd (and now 74th) with 1100s and 1400-1500s. Its 1700s-1800s are falling away, and the remaining probably will be replaced with about 85 of the  200 buses to be delivered in the next 6 months. The other 115 will be scattered around.

Quite logical because there's almost no way all 200 are going to get stacked at NP especially with 77th and 74th also being at over 100 NF standards like NP. The final tally may look different of course since some garages had 7900s and also taking into account K, NP, and 103rd all having artics in their equipment tallies. But it's basically given that all seven garages will have something out of the 8350s. For the time being it's a rolling rotation of clearing out those options 3 and 4 NFs due to the rusting issue on those. There's also to some degree filling in gaps among the artics with 40 footers and available remaining artics because a number of the artics have also been hit with similar rust issues due to their also having carbon steel bodies like the later option 1000s if I'm remembering the earlier posts about the rust issue correctly.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

Not a move, but definitely a rare sight these days. Spotted 1395 downtown on the 56 Milwaukee a few minutes ago. 

There’s a D40LF or a couple now daily on the 56 (weekdays). Idk abt the weekends tho. Block 56-454 on the weekdays is always a D40LF which is nice to see. D40LF’s barely run on the 90 but are there from time to time. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:53 AM, YoungBusLover said:

You do realize 77th had only received 1 brand new bus being #8405 until the Blue Line shuttles . FG and 103rd received  pretty much a majority of the Deliveries early on and then C took a majority of the rest while K and 77th got bread crumbs. 74th and 77th has had the same amount of equipment for about 8 - 10 years now when it comes to the #1000s and #7900s/ #8000s.  The quote on quote "77th always abuses equipment or runs it into the ground." Isn't necessarily true since I've been there for practically the last 5 years now. Have the 89 #7900s shown there age after 300k miles at one garage? Yes. Have the 150+ #1000s we have made it more difficult to maintain the #7900s simultaneously? Absolutely.  FG had a surplus of buses that they really didn't need after the DNC and they just happen to be brand new but when you look at the rosters you'll see that FG and 77th have just about the same amount of 7900s/8350s so who really got shafted in the end? Heck we even have more #1000s than FG. If we want to throw any garage in the system right now that is getting shafted I'll showcase the rosters below and you tell me who is really getting shafted right now. 😅

Screenshot 2024-09-04 084744.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 084732.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 085201.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 085100.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 085052.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 085042.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 085034.png

My prediction for where the last 400 1000s will end up is them being condensed to just four garages NP, FG, 6 & 7. C, K & 3 are trending in the direction of shipping off their remaining 1000s and having all their fleets with the exception of the 600s at C & artics at K & 3 being Novas. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Javi75 said:

My prediction for where the last 400 1000s will end up is them being condensed to just four garages NP, FG, 6 & 7. C, K & 3 are trending in the direction of shipping off their remaining 1000s and having all their fleets with the exception of the 600s at C & artics at K & 3 being Novas. 

SMH!!

• Sad 1