New Express Routes Coming Soon.

jesi2282

3 minutes ago, Busjack said:

They are both locals of the Teamsters, but work is essentially being moved, because 600 and 616 are now mixed River/NW routes. Maybe it gets back to the debate a couple of months ago of what division East Dundee is going to be an outpost.

The schedules for 600 and 616 say they will be operated by River, which presumably includes Dundee. There can't be a reduction in work at NW, so I figure NW will get all of 606 since that route doesn't need the express buses. So while work is being moved, the increase is at River/Dundee, and NW will break even.

6 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

Timetable/schedules are up for the corridor routes.

Looks like there is some interlining going on at both Rosemont and NWTC, but I can't quite figure out how.

611 (North Schaumburg feeder) is a bit surprising, as that one was expected to be a call-n-ride, and it somewhat duplicates 905.

1 hour ago, west towns said:

Maybe the 905 doesnt operate enough trips or frequency in rush to be beneficial to commuters.

As for intwrlining it would have to do with equipment keeping express buses on express routes.   

905 is the trolley, that doesn't count for duplication (nor should it).

You can package individual routes to interline with each other (express routes to expresses, a stray 250 to 606, etc.); it's not difficult but entirely up to how HASTUS is packaged to work rules at each garage(s).

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

905 is the trolley, that doesn't count for duplication (nor should it).

As far as Pace is concerned, probably not, but passengers going to the convention center or NWTC now have choices, one of which is free. I bet Schaumburg will reevaluate the trolley because of this, but probably will decide to keep it the same. 611 is intended for commuters but the trolley is for shoppers/visitors.

Looking at the schedules again, I see 604 is to be operated by NW, and 608 by W. So any interlining at NWTC is limited to 604-606 (likely) and 600-605 (can't tell). 611 looks like the same 2 buses going back and forth.

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

. I bet Schaumburg will reevaluate the trolley because of this, but probably will decide to keep it the same. 611 is intended for commuters but the trolley is for shoppers/visitors.

The question here is more how it affects the flex part of 895, but that's only rush hour. As @MetroShadow and you point out, 905 is more of a shopper's special, and while 611 seems a pretty straight shot on Meacham, 905 goes to places like Streets of Woodfield and Ikea. Also, 611 doesn't go to Woodfield Corporate, while 606 does.

5 hours ago, Pace831 said:

611 (North Schaumburg feeder) is a bit surprising, as that one was expected to be a call-n-ride...

I'm surprised by that. I reread it and it is only rush hour, so I guess it is strictly an office route:

Route 604: The only reason I can see it using the Buffalo Grove Road/Old Buffalo Grove loop is to use the old Garden Fresh Market Plaza (store itself was demolished on the move to the place indicated in the map) as a Park and Ride, but again it doesn't say. Again, I'm surprised it doesn't stop at the Wheeling NCS Metra station, or alternatively, in the industrial area further east on Hinz.

15 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Route 604: The only reason I can see it using the Buffalo Grove Road/Old Buffalo Grove loop is to use the old Garden Fresh Market Plaza (store itself was demolished on the move to the place indicated in the map) as a Park and Ride, but again it doesn't say. Again, I'm surprised it doesn't stop at the Wheeling NCS Metra station, or alternatively, in the industrial area further east on Hinz.

If 604 doesn't have a park and ride at the end, I doubt there is much demand for the route. The store parking lot would seem like a good location, but the bus stops across the street. Also note the layovers at that location are only one minute, no doubt due to the lack of a place to pull off the street.

16 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Note that the Project Handout says under 611 "Service is operated with a 15-passenger vehicle." In short, probably a 14200 series paratransit. So, it certainly won't be interlined with anything.

With the service along Meacham and the stop at the door of Motorola, this route might actually do OK for the level of service being provided.

10 minutes ago, west towns said:

Wondering  if the 606 and 616 buses are going to be wrapped too

Basically, too early to tell.

606 will presumably be operated by NW with regular transit buses. Perhaps the "Love your commute" wrapped bus(es) that were already sighted will turn up there.

616 schedule says operated by River, but the passenger notice doesn't mention "modern buses" like the one for 600 does.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

The notices mention that the 600, 606, 610 and 616 will all be undergoing route name changes beginning the 19th.

Most have already (see for instance Naperville). But the route names are pretty much irrelevant because they aren't show on bus destination signs.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Most have already (see for instance Naperville). But the route names are pretty much irrelevant because they aren't show on bus destination signs.

In this instance they aren't, but some Pace destination signs have shown route names from past memory of our discussions of how Pace was inconsistent in that regard..

17 minutes ago, jajuan said:

In this instance they aren't, but some Pace destination signs have shown route names from past memory of our discussions of how Pace was inconsistent in that regard..

But definitely, these aren't and there was talk about that some of West were changed to not showing them. Maybe Pace thinks there is some advantage for people picking up schedules from the racks, but in my view there isn't much difference between Rosemont-Northwest Express/Limited and Rosemont-Schaumburg Express/Limited, except that 600 goes to Schaumburg and 606 goes to WDFLD CORP according to the headsigns. Maybe stuff like Randall Road-Rosemont and Elgin TC-Rosemont make it a little easier to figure out which schedule to consult. But, again, no different from changing the route name from 626 Skokie Valley Limited to 626 Skokie-Buffalo Grove. Headsign still says 626 SKOKIE SWFT (not even Dempster Yellow Line as on 620).

On 11/21/2016 at 11:25 PM, BusHunter said:

Possible cause a flyover along the Kennedy would have to cross East River Road which crosses with its own bridge.

But they did say exit ramp so sounds like some way they plan to cross the Kennedy and give the flyover its own dedicated lane to the cumberland exit. That could be done using the shoulder or first lane without crossing east river any differently than the traditional traffic crosses it. I know the cumberland exit has a long dedicated lane already that almost extends to east river so the plan I think is to extend it further.

Another strange thing is adding a 4th lane cumberland to harlem. I dont see that happening without some excavating.

Here's a quick look at what they did to the East River road bridge on the Kennedy, see where the trucks are, before that lane didn't exist, that was built more wider to possibly make room for an expansion or this cumberland flyover.

east river road bridge completed.PNG

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, west towns said:

If the congestion is pushed further east and demand grows at rosemont would pace go back to cumberland for the i90 services?    remember when the 606 first started it served cumberland and moved  to rosemont later

There certainly aren't any immediate plans for that. They wouldn't spend the money to expand the bus terminal at Rosemont if the routes were going to be moved. I don't know what advantage there is in going to Cumberland anyway, considering most riders are transferring to the Blue line, which they can do at Rosemont just as easily.

58 minutes ago, west towns said:

If the congestion is pushed further east and demand grows at rosemont would pace go back to cumberland for the i90 services?    remember when the 606 first started it served cumberland and moved  to rosemont later

No. Rosemont serves as a functional terminal, and Cumberland requires more operational issues and timing.