New Eldorados?

artthouwill

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So all are in service from #17500 - #17527? I've been so busy, I'd like to update the Pace roster.

Looks that way, but since that makes 47 running out of 91 (over half) the challenge will be what is not running.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Looks that way, but since that makes 47 running out of 91 (over half) the challenge will be what is not running.

Its just a matter of a little process of elimination on Pace bus tracker until someone can come up with a roster. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ethan2226 said:

What about the NABIs at North Shore.

They will probably be replaced by the 2600s once the "small buses" come in for the feeder routes, whenever that is.  The focus right now appears to be replacing the 6162s at South and most likely move the 2006 Nabis that are currently there back to West, that should be when the remaining Orions will retire and a handful of 03 Nabis too.  May see some 2600s head to South once all of that is done also to handle the slower and smaller routes to replace the remaining 6600s that are there now.  Bottom line is, they've realized that Nabis are much worse off and are accelerating their retirement as opposed to the Orions, which seem to keep on trucking despite the fact most of them are 14-17 years old.

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

They will probably be replaced by the 2600s once the "small buses" come in for the feeder routes, whenever that is.

Given that there has been no progress on that procurement not likely in 2017.

May see some 2600s head to South once all of that is done also to handle the slower and smaller routes to replace the remaining 6600s that are there now.  

Also, not likely, as Pace is getting a total of 91 CNGs, which is more than enough to cover local routes (and speculation is express routes, too). If the 6600s were unsuitable for South, 2600s certainly would be.

Bottom line is, they've realized that Nabis are much worse off and are accelerating their retirement as opposed to the Orions, which seem to keep on trucking despite the fact most of them are 14-17 years old.

About the only place they are in continuous active service is West. Also, it appears that some "white" NABIS went from S to W. And, of course, nothing has really happened at N and NS.

It was an interesting visit to Chandler this morning. Almost like they missed me and wanted the "mysterious photographer" to come back.

First we have 17522 behind the fence. Nothing unusual here except 6366 hiding nearby (can you see it?)

DSCF2401.thumb.JPG.51dc42ec5d8922ff6fa2b9ee6a1e46b2.JPG

They were nice enough to leave the gate open, letting me see 17552 out in the yard among the trucks and RVs:

DSCF2396.thumb.JPG.52f547a5bed3fb0dc31ec02e630d153d.JPG

They even parked 6526 outside the gate begging for a photo. The lighting could have been better but at least there are no obstacles in the way.

DSCF2398.thumb.JPG.e69bcd3b1ce736321e2e09f10abea31e.JPG

One of the new Schaumburg trolleys, 8627, was in the garage. And I haven't even gotten to the good part yet.

DSCF2395.thumb.JPG.84980e4ca36850054b96f24a5188abf5.JPG

I was really surprised when I zoomed in on the number of the bus in the background. It is #6704. Pace sure does like to surprise us.

DSCF2400.thumb.JPG.0df3f4b9fb526b653ed014720a042585.JPG

This bus was being worked on, so I had to take this photo when the mechanics weren't looking. Could this be #6707?

DSCF2399.thumb.JPG.c2e7bee9b10d133d12c891296ca7dbea.JPG

How many 6700s will there be? What garage are they going to? Let the speculation begin!

3 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

How many 6700s will there be? What garage are they going to?

That's a surprise, as the time for exercising optons on the 2011 contract expired, although the number  of options didn't, and the 2017 budget had  a line item for 35 and 40 foot buses. If they are 40 foot buses, undoubtedly West (as NW, SW, and S are covered, and  W has the  biggest mess).

Again, I quit betting on  fleet numbers.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

as the time for exercising optons on the 2011 contract expired, although the number  of options didn't

The other idea I  had (no proof  to support it) is that Pace exercised the option in 2015, but asked ENC to schedule delivery now.

53 minutes ago, ethan2226 said:

I think the 6700s will go to Northwest to replace the Orions.

There aren't that many left, and by now there shouldn't be any left. Of course, some garage like R or NS might get a few,but NW already got scattered stuff with 6566-6572. BTW, has anyone seen 6573-6574?