PACE Orion hybrid bus 2831

PACE 834

Thanks. I figured it was going to be 2901. :rolleyes:

The pictures seem pretty good, although somewhat indefinite about how green (colorwise) it is. The decals seem to conform to the pattern on the 1100s.

Also, Pace had said that they will be in service by the "end of the year," and have come darn close to it.

The roof pack doesn't seem that high, but the question is whether they will try to get it under the posted 10'6" viaduct on Laurel Ave.

I can't wait for the assignment, too. There is a gap between #2825 and #2831 in the Pace bus numbering system. The last four 30' buses from ElDorado, which have still not yet been delivered, are expected to receive numbers #2826-2829. Future Pace bus deliveries from ElDorado will be all 40-footers.

I can't wait for the assignment, too. There is a gap between #2825 and #2831 in the Pace bus numbering system. The last four 30' buses from ElDorado, which have still not yet been delivered, are expected to receive numbers #2826-2829. Future Pace bus deliveries from ElDorado will be all 40-footers.

Not really.

• There are various references on the Pace site that they are going to Highland Park, including on their Go Green page. Now Sen. Kirk was lobbying for them for a long time for his hometown.
  • Given that you recognize the order for the 4 Eldorados, the only question is whether the other hybrid is 2830.

Not really.

• There are various references on the Pace site that they are going to Highland Park, including on their Go Green page. Now Sen. Kirk was lobbying for them for a long time for his hometown.
  • Given that you recognize the order for the 4 Eldorados, the only question is whether the other hybrid is 2830.

If they're going to Highland Park, then that might somewhat lessen the need for ElDorados up there.

If they're going to Highland Park, then that might somewhat lessen the need for ElDorados up there.

I figure that two get sent back to North Shore. It also looks like North Shore is losing 2 to 4 shuttle routes (at least 622 and 630, and probably 576* and 619**).

Then you have the 4 other buses.

I figure that that should take out a good chunk out of the remaining Orion Is at NS, but I have been wrong before.

* Listed in the agenda as result of public hearing, but not under actions.

** Included in the Oct. agenda reports, but no public hearing scheduled yet.

Here are a couple of "slightly better" pictures of Orion 30' hybrid bus.Sorry there is still some "obstructions" in the way.The color is roughly the same as the paratransit buses.The bus will be going to Highland Park 11'3" is the bus height.

These more clearly show the "Orion" trademark, and as I noted before, someone was pulling one on the board by saying that this was a company that had not supplied buses to Pace before.

Do you know what the comparative height of a EZ Rider II, through the roof top air conditioner?

I figure that two get sent back to North Shore. It also looks like North Shore is losing 2 to 4 shuttle routes (at least 622 and 630, and probably 576* and 619**).

630 will be combined into both the 628 and 629 routes.

576 gets a stay of execution.

622 is the odd bus route out and will be cancelled.

Each Passenger notice is updated.

630 will be combined into both the 628 and 629 routes.

576 gets a stay of execution.

622 is the odd bus route out and will be cancelled.

Each Passenger notice is updated.

On 630, I figured as much, in that (1) the original justification was that there was some CMAQ or JARC money left over from 580-582, and (2) no reason why 628 (or apparently 629) couldn't make the additional stop.

Still leaves NS's need down two buses

On the 576, the interesting thing is that employees of the members of the TMA apparently have to pay $1 instead of riding free on their badges.

Thanks. I figured it was going to be 2901. :rolleyes:

The pictures seem pretty good, although somewhat indefinite about how green (colorwise) it is. The decals seem to conform to the pattern on the 1100s.

Also, Pace had said that they will be in service by the "end of the year," and have come darn close to it.

The roof pack doesn't seem that high, but the question is whether they will try to get it under the posted 10'6" viaduct on Laurel Ave.

Pardon me, I just saw this post today. Is there a picture or article that links to this story?

Pardon me, I just saw this post today. Is there a picture or article that links to this story?

Pace 834 had pictures in two of his posts, but at the moment they are missing. One of those posts now simply says "Oops."

Maybe he can reinstate them, or, if this is similar to pace2322 yanking the picture of the BBQ Bus (2453), is there now a ban on posting stuff from inside South Holland?

Pace 834 had pictures in two of his posts, but at the moment they are missing. One of those posts now simply says "Oops."

Maybe he can reinstate them, or, if this is similar to pace2322 yanking the picture of the BBQ Bus (2453), is there now a ban on posting stuff from inside South Holland?

After looking for some more Pace info regarding #2831, I came across this link that does state that Pace had made an order for 2 of these. If you click the pace link where it states this (scroll down under the operators section), it also says that Pace has ordered 11 MCI's and 4 Eldorado's.

After looking for some more Pace info regarding #2831, I came across this link that does state that Pace had made an order for 2 of these. If you click the pace link where it states this (scroll down under the operators section), it also says that Pace has ordered 11 MCI's and 4 Eldorado's.

Well, I rely on the official sources, such as cited above, rather than second-hand material. With regard to the 11 MCIs, I'm pretty sure that was the OTR order announced but never executed (the indication in cited Pace minutes being that the line item was removed), and the current Oct. 2011 board resolution to lease some seems the more definitive.

So, I guess someone should tell the Canadians.

It is generally considered unprofessional, and in some cases a serious offense, for an employee to post photos online that were taken on company property. This can even include photos taken in "public spaces" such as transit centers. An exception would be if an employee had permission to post the photos of course.

Well, I rely on the official sources, such as cited above, rather than second-hand material. With regard to the 11 MCIs, I'm pretty sure that was the OTR order announced but never executed (the indication in cited Pace minutes being that the line item was removed), and the current Oct. 2011 board resolution to lease some seems the more definitive.

So, I guess someone should tell the Canadians.

Hate to break it to you, but that site lists this one as one of its sources of information when it comes to the CTA rosters they listed. :)

Hate to break it to you, but that site lists this one as one of its sources of information when it comes to the CTA rosters they listed. :)

That's basically the problem with wikis and the Primary Source rule. We have enough people checking the minutes and on the street that we have a pretty good idea what's going on, but they don't or get the positive announcement but not the negative. I gave up about 3 years ago trying to correct the Internet.

Of course, not to mention stuff kept in secret, such as the 900 CTA buses that were ordered but weren't, or the original Durbin grant which he announced but apparently wasn't received. Not any big surprise; all the links 2.5 years ago are dead.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this was posted somewhere else or not, but yesterday I was in Aurora and I physically spotted 2826 on Route 532 in Aurora. Thought this bus along with 2827-2829 was supposed to go to Highland Park?

UPDATE: 2828 is on the 530 this morning via Webwatch, another Fox Valley route. Guess we know where 2826-2829 are now.

I don't know if this was posted somewhere else or not, but yesterday I spotted 2826 on Route 532 in Aurora. Thought this bus along with 2827-2829 was supposed to go to Highland Park?

2826 was supposedly one of 4 ElDorados purchased in a special order but not for any given reason. See, e.g. here and here.

Highland Park was supposed to get the two hybrids, which now are 2830-2831.

There certainly is no reason for Highland Park to get more ElDorados.

Physical or WebWatch sighting?