CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh, so that means it replaced 7900 and 7901 for training buses for now but tend to go in service from time to time probably.

I wouldn't say that necessarily because #700 & #701. It just depends on the situation and what's is needed to be used for training for the day. I wish my group could of gotten trained on the 700s back in 2019 but the eclectic buses weren't the standard for us at the time. #7900-#7901 will still get used just like any other series.

20210517_183522.jpg

20210517_183532.jpg

• Thanks 1

I updated the roster due to the return of the #6400s. I need to find out the date they went in service with the Covid /privacy shields. If you see something wrong with the roster speak up and I will fix it. I'll be having some more time soon to update this and see what's new at cta. Looking forward to it!!

On 5/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, BusHunter said:

I wonder why they wrapped a 700 in an ad wrap. Almost seems like a cheap shot to NF. Unless they dont want anyone to know its electric. 

I wouldn't say it's a cheap shot but it is time for something new to showcase. #701 also has the same wrap as well.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wouldn't say it's a cheap shot but it is time for something new to showcase. #701 also has the same wrap as well.

Why not wrap the proterras? 

Now that I'm thinking if it. Wasnt the electric livery on the #700s a wrap? So how do you wrap a wrapped bus? 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Why not wrap the proterras? 

Now that I'm thinking if it. Wasnt the electric livery on the #700s a wrap? So how do you wrap a wrapped bus? 

Its mind boggling to me but yeah they indeed wrapped the new wrap over the old one. I watched the maintenance crew do it for about 30 minutes or so last week. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Its mind boggling to me but yeah they indeed wrapped the new wrap over the old one. I watched the maintenance crew do it for about 30 minutes or so last week. 

So when they tear off the wrap it will probably destroy the bottom wrap. Unless it's a special permanent wrap. 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So when they tear off the wrap it will probably destroy the bottom wrap. Unless it's a special permanent wrap. 

Well when Jump started someone mentioned the wrapping process became easier and they did 25 artics in one weekend so

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

image.thumb.png.0b8cd53dcc215e17ac17b2f3ac5660bc.png

Just saw 1352 earlier today and apparently it looks like it has a ripped off P sticker rather than an F sticker, kinda surprising that this bus was at FG for 3 months now lol

i was on 1352 yesterday and was wondering what that was i think they just made it into a F lmao someone was lazy to take it off n put F

3 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i was on 1352 yesterday and was wondering what that was i think they just made it into a F lmao someone was lazy to take it off n put F

Ye and I rode on it and got the ride video for you as well since you don't do ride vids anymore. Lol I thought it was a P but Idk kinda confusing lmao

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yes i seen 1933 the other day the real question is did 1929 get his F i know they been dragging on 1933 and 1929

Not sure maybe it did but I didn’t see those buses recently but maybe I’ll record one soon and check to see if it has the C or F.      Now I also need to check 1553’s sticker too      

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

On this bus, the sticker placement is right above the front doors.image.thumb.png.975e8cd236e0d52370d04eef6827a2dd.png

Your pic reminds me of the thought that I had at the announcement of CTA going with Nova for next base order of diesel buses that it would be nice if CTA could at least make the next Novas hybrids. MTA's BAE powered Nova hybrids make the diesel engines of CTA's more recent Novas even more boring than I already think them to be.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated list of the returned #6400s as of 7/10/21

North Park (Total: 5)

#6837,#6838,#6843,#6847,#6849

Forest Glen (Total:10)

#6859,#6861,#6865,#6867,#6869,#6870,#6871,#6875,#6877,#6882

Now the remaining 50 or so odd 6400s have been all over the place sitting idle and I cant really get a head count on the rest of them other than the 8 or 9 that sit dormant at SS.