CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah for sure, a lot of families are taking advantage of the vaccines being more proven now more than ever and as time goes on hopefully just hopefully there will be just one vaccine that everyone can depend on for years to come as the virus continues to mutate. On your point about gas mileage costs I've been patiently waiting on the next generation of modern SUVs that have good gas mileage to purchase because currently the mileage isn't good based on what I'm looking for. I'm still high on Toyota, Honda and Ford though, my biggest deal breakers right now are for sure MPGs and Longevity. $5 per gallon is outrageous for anyone to even fathom as reasonable but hey that's the times were close to living in. ?

I still aint get it I just dont trust the goverment seen all the crooked shit they do first hand when I was in the marines

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

All indications are the kids will be all going back. If you are letting the shows and concerts play then it's time. The only argument left is capacity limits inside the school but Pfizer or moderna says kids 12 and over can get its vaccination so the problem for high schoolers is a vax shot away. Grammar school kids for the most part dont ride cta. 

As far as the gas prices, it's kind of interesting in Canada. When I was up there I noticed they sell gas by the liter, not by the gallon. So it takes almost 4 liters to make a gallon. (Gallon is 3.78 liters.) Gas was like 1.40 a liter but that was maybe 2 years ago. So per gallon that's like 5 bucks. I noticed people drive all small cars. Things like Yukons or Navigators are non existant. Even smaller SUVs like explorers are rare. Higher gas prices do change what we drive. Here in the states theres a few hybrid trucks and even small suv electrics. I always believed that if the big trucks go electric like the F-150, its game over for the cars. I'd like a big hauling truck but 13 mpg is not my idea of a good time. 2022 that all changes and big oil knows the end is near. A Biden presidency is hostile to them, gas has already climbed about a dollar since he became pres, so that's the fallout of a Biden presidency. Hope everything turns out ok. 

Us people that can’t parallel park will stay in sedans sir Lmfaooooo no but seriously I get you. It’s proabably all down to who needs to do what with their vehicle. People who need to carry a lot around would get a huge boon 

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah for sure, a lot of families are taking advantage of the vaccines being more proven now more than ever and as time goes on hopefully just hopefully there will be just one vaccine that everyone can depend on for years to come as the virus continues to mutate. On your point about gas mileage costs I've been patiently waiting on the next generation of modern SUVs that have good gas mileage to purchase because currently the mileage isn't good based on what I'm looking for. I'm still high on Toyota, Honda and Ford though, my biggest deal breakers right now are for sure MPGs and Longevity. $5 per gallon is outrageous for anyone to even fathom as reasonable but hey that's the times were close to living in. ?

Idk about you all, but my gas is $2.50 a ride, if you know what I mean ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Us people that can’t parallel park will stay in sedans sir Lmfaooooo no but seriously I get you. It’s proabably all down to who needs to do what with their vehicle. People who need to carry a lot around would get a huge boon 

If gas gets that hight imma park my crown vic & buy me a 4 wheeler I'm at the gas station everyday but I do drive alot cta & my side hustles 

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here with these Vaccination buses, two more have popped up at SS which are #1823 and #1938 add that to #1927 and #1937 also being here with #1551 being the odd ball out. All of which are out of Chicago ave and it's no surprise that as soon as the #600s started rolling out a few weeks ago there would be a small shuffle of some sorts. There's also a lone #600 sitting in the boneyard behind #1753. All in all it appears more #6400s are getting moved into there final resting destinations in the boneyard, the western edge is clear of them and I can only assume that the rest have been placed in the northern section near the fueling pumps. 

20210511_054924.jpg

20210511_054949.jpg

20210511_055005.jpg

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here with these Vaccination buses, two more have popped up at SS which are #1823 and #1938 add that to #1927 and #1937 also being here with #1551 being the odd ball out. All of which are out of Chicago ave and it's no surprise that as soon as the #600s started rolling out a few weeks ago there would be a small shuffle of some sorts. There's also a lone #600 sitting in the boneyard behind #1753. All in all it appears more #6400s are getting moved into there final resting destinations in the boneyard, the western edge is clear of them and I can only assume that the rest have been placed in the northern section near the fueling pumps. 

20210511_054924.jpg

20210511_054949.jpg

20210511_055005.jpg

Where this at? And where’s 1551 at in the picture 

2 minutes ago, Chammon Moore said:

Where this at? And where’s 1551 at in the picture 

So I’m thinking that 1551 is somewhere else in the lot at the 77th shops (this is where I think it’s at) but it could also be currently being used as a vaccination bus right now in the Chicago area. Now that makes 5 buses confirmed for vaccinations: 1551, 1823, 1927, 1937, 1938. Two North Park’s (ex-Chicago) and two current Chicago. Based on this pattern, I’m thinking 1939 and 1835 will be next.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

So I’m thinking that 1551 is somewhere else in the lot at the 77th shops (this is where I think it’s at) but it could also be currently being used as a vaccination bus right now in the Chicago area. Now that makes 5 buses confirmed for vaccinations: 1551, 1823, 1927, 1937, 1938. Two North Park’s (ex-Chicago) and two current Chicago. Based on this pattern, I’m thinking 1939 and 1835 will be next.

1927 and 1823 belong to NP

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yea that is weird when they can use some 6400's if they are really retired vut they do look nice & aw hell a 600 broke already 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1927 and 1823 belong to NP

Yes but they used to belong to Chicago as well (1927 during and 1823 before)

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea that is weird when they can use some 6400's if they are really retired vut they do look nice & aw hell a 600 broke already 

true but they might think that they’re a bit old though but I’m not sure to be honest with ya ?

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yes but they used to belong to Chicago as well (1927 during and 1823 before)

true but they might think that they’re a bit old though but I’m not sure to be honest with ya ?

Yea but they would be perfect for the job like all they doing is giving out shots so it really didnt matter how old a bus was he'll they could have used 1 of the 6000's ???

On 4/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

List as of 5/12/21 

1053 F

1054 F

1055 F

1345 F

1346 F

1347 F

1348 F

1349 F

1350 F 

1351 F

1353 F

1355 F

1357 F 

1360 F

1361 F

1377 F

1379 F

1380 F

1381 F

1382 F

1383 F

1395 F

1396 F 

1397 F

1398 F

1400 F

1402 F

1403 F

1404 F

1406 F

1552 F

1555 F

1557 F

1585 F

1588 F

1600 F

1601 F

1934 F

1935 F

2 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

this might be giving us a hint it will be repaired soon

If it is that would be interesting for sure, I'm just curious as to what CTA is doing as far as scrap is concerned because I'm going to keep harping on it until the cows come home. 

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Impressive! Almost all the buses got the F sticker by now. Just saw 1553 on Monday still with a 6 lol I was thinking "when will they be changing it." Honestly, I'll miss the different garage stickers as those were short-lived.

1929 still got a C sticker I saw it yesterday on the 85

So #1805 has come out of the boneyard with semi fresh tires and is currently sitting along west shops this afternoon, I wonder what's going on with it.....

I was surprised by that I thought they wasnt gone fix it since its pass retirement age

48 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I was surprised by that I thought they wasnt gone fix it since its pass retirement age

It might've been a different story if it was 1005 or 1105, but I'm sure 1805 will be able to squeeze another good 2 or 3 years of service before it bites the dust, unless it sustains so much damage that it wouldn't be worth repairing.

7 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It might've been a different story if it was 1005 or 1105, but I'm sure 1805 will be able to squeeze another good 2 or 3 years of service before it bites the dust, unless it sustains so much damage that it wouldn't be worth repairing.

I think it got alot of years of life left in it just after 4 years of sitting its more wrong with that bus now then before gone cost more to fix but cta got it like that but just saying what if the motor then locked from sitting when rides sit for a long time not started for anything more things tend to break

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Thinking about it if 1805 does come back to service will it return to C or go to P cuz it was running out of C when it got hit but all of the 18's C had went back to P 

Ye I saying P b/c the others went to P as well

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I think it got alot of years of life left in it just after 4 years of sitting its more wrong with that bus now then before gone cost more to fix but cta got it like that but just saying what if the motor then locked from sitting when rides sit for a long time not started for anything more things tend to break

Ye I remember the crash the first day it happened I told everyone in my family bout it and now lol they doing something with that bus finally