CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow lots of 77th buses breaking down and getting towed lately. did 4196 have mechanical failure?

I'm not sure but #4196 was already at the garage when #210 towed it. A lot of artics weren't out today out of 77th. #4002 was limping around the shops area with a left front tire while others were getting transferred to different areas of the shops. A lot of #4300s are here in the shops now getting that early rehab work done on them. 

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

I'm not sure but #4196 was already at the garage when #210 towed it. A lot of artics weren't out today out of 77th. #4002 was limping around the shops area with a left front tire while others were getting transferred to different areas of the shops. A lot of #4300s are here in shops now getting that early rehabs work done on them. 

Oh wow, I know many DE60LF's miss service from time to time  and I think that's the fleet that has the least percentage of buses out at a time                                                            

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh wow, I know many DE60LF's miss service from time to time  and I think that's the fleet that has the least percentage of buses out at a time                                                            

Yeah for almost a few months now a lot of the hybrid #4300s haven't been in service much.

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow. Did u see 4341 or 4383 I haven't seen those on the tracker for Months.

No but they're probably there as well, notably I saw #1959,#1328, and #4356 overhaul shops near 78th and Vincennes while pulling in tonight, notably #1321 is back in action after a near year long hiatus.  

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

No but they're probably there as well, notably I saw #1959,#1328, and #4356 overhaul shops near 78th and Vincennes while pulling in tonight, notably #1321 is back in action after a near year long hiatus.  

Oh. And also that means 1321 ain’t retired after all so it just needed some repairs and it was from the backlog

On 4/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, jesi2282 said:

Making them part of the Heritage Fleet would be better.

That would be cool too but we what the chances of that are? We'll be living on Mars by the time that happens! LOL!  Especially since CTA has had them sitting in the boneyard for decades. I would imagine parts to restore them would be extremely difficult to find in 2021. But it would be nice. Id love to see a 5307 and the Flx #131 be restored to operating condition. Im really surprised CTA never added a 5307 to its collection. Those were the mainstay of their fleet back in the 70s and 80s. I can still remember when thats all you saw on the streets were CTA GMCs . They had an interesting history just as the 4000s and 6000s did on rail.