CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

19 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

What happened with 6692 cuz it was pulled way before the novas got pulled 

Why did the novas get pulled this time? It was very sudden kind of like how the 6000s were pulled. One day I saw novas on the 80, 78 and 81 then started seeing a bunch of new flyers that were recently at NP and some from K. 

1 minute ago, Javi78 said:

Why did the novas get pulled this time? It was very sudden kind of like how the 6000s were pulled. One day I saw novas on the 80, 78 and 81 then started seeing a bunch of new flyers that were recently at NP and some from K. 

6860’s fire caused an immediate pulling of the novas.

21 minutes ago, Javi78 said:

Cuz 6860 went up in flames so they wanna inspect em & see which ones are still fit for service & which ones that need to be knocked off

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Cuz 6860 went up in flames so they wanna inspect em & see which ones are still fit for service & which ones that need to be knocked off

Oh okay, will the new novas coming next year be like the 7900s in design or will it be an upgraded 2021 version? 

On 3/30/2021 at 11:27 PM, artthouwill said:

That is yet to be seen.  There are new features inside the bus, but I expect the exterior to resemble the 7900s or possibly 8325 through 8349.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:45 AM, Shannoncvpi said:

I'm not sure I hope their like the 8325 with tints but they need to tint the driver window also

CTA's press release about the purchase makes it sound like they'll look look 8325 and above. If so, that would be a plus as the tinted windows would block off a lot of glare from the sun and help the bus not get so hot like is the case with the original 425 newer Novas in combo with freaking weak A/C units.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

CTA's press release about the purchase makes it sound like they'll look look 8325 and above. If so, that would be a plus as the tinted windows would block off a lot of glare from the sun and help the bus not get so hot like is the case with the original 425 newer Novas in combo with freaking weak A/C units.

I haven't had the chance to ride 8325 through 8349 yet.  Is the a/c any better on those?  I'm actually surprised that CTA would go with buses without hopper windows un case of weak a/c or a/c failure.   I remember the 1000/7400/9000/9600 series fishbowls.  The a/c failure got so bad CTA installed sliding windows to replace the sealed windows.  They also stopped ordering buses with a/c until the 1993 Flxble 5300s. I noticed the 600 series Proterras also don't have hopper windows 

Just now, artthouwill said:

I haven't had the chance to ride 8325 through 8349 yet.  Is the a/c any better on those?  I'm actually surprised that CTA would go with buses without hopper windows un case of weak a/c or a/c failure.   I remember the 1000/7409/9000/9600 series fishbowls.  The a=c failure got so bad CRA installed sliding windows to replace the sealed windows.  They also stopped ordering buses with a/c until the 1993 Flxble 5300s. I noticed the 600 series Proterras also don't have hopper windows 

well from my experience #8325-8349 have some good A/C and Heaters but this my theory i’m pretty sure the A/C and heat is good on the #8325’s because of the tinted windows so it’s keeping the air in and sunlight won’t get into the bus alot

11 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I haven't had the chance to ride 8325 through 8349 yet.  Is the a/c any better on those?  I'm actually surprised that CTA would go with buses without hopper windows un case of weak a/c or a/c failure.   I remember the 1000/7400/9000/9600 series fishbowls.  The a/c failure got so bad CTA installed sliding windows to replace the sealed windows.  They also stopped ordering buses with a/c until the 1993 Flxble 5300s. I noticed the 600 series Proterras also don't have hopper windows 

The A/C honestly was a little cooler than the other ones and was louder than the ones in the other ones but I only rode 8347 in Sept.    

10 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

well from my experience #8325-8349 have some good A/C and Heaters but this my theory i’m pretty sure the A/C and heat is good on the #8325’s because of the tinted windows so it’s keeping the air in and sunlight won’t get into the bus alot

Maybe CTA should retrofit the 7900s with these windows.  We may possibly see if there's an improvement in the a=c on those buses 

3 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Maybe CTA should retrofit the 7900s with these windows.  We may possibly see if there's an improvement in the a=c on those buses 

Before anything CTA needs to make sure they fix this issue with the overhead panels right behind the destination sign, they are a freaking death trap with missing bolts and clips that hold it in place without collapsing.