CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

On 2/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I'm going to put #1185 and #2006 on LTH/Retired list because most recently I've seen both of these buses without there back bumpers and that can only mean two things, One being that there about to get the #1805 treatment and two being there more than likely getting retired.  

20201220_150010.jpg

20201220_145748.jpg

Yeah but what about the rehab on the last 400. #1805 and #2006 might still come back.

2 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but what about the rehab on the last 400. #1805 and #2006 might still come back.

#1925 has a better chance at coming back than #1805, now whatever the issue is with #2006 is a mystery but to your point about the 400 buses I'm going out on a limb here and I believe the best 400 out the #1000s are getting rehabbed versus what CTA said would be the last 400 ordered. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1925 has a better chance at coming back than #1805, now whatever the issue is with #2006 is a mystery but to your point about the 400 buses I'm going out on a limb here and I believe the best 400 out the #1000s are getting rehabbed versus what CTA said would be the last 400 ordered. 

They can always fit #1805 with parrts from the retired buses. I'm amazed how many new parts our old buses get when they come up for a safety inspection. CTA is probably interested in buses with lower miles. While some buses have had it good, (Thinking of the 1000s that have been at archer 103rd and fg.) They still cant match up to the newer 1000s that are almost 2-3 years newer. 

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

They can always fit #1805 with parrts from the retired buses. I'm amazed how many new parts our old buses get when they come up for a safety inspection. CTA is probably interested in buses with lower miles. While some buses have had it good, (Thinking of the 1000s that have been at archer 103rd and fg.) They still cant match up to the newer 1000s that are almost 2-3 years newer. 

The only thing is they would of done that once the legal issues were resolved. #1805 could become another #1482 but at this point it's a lost cause from a cost standpoint. As far as buses with lower miles 77th would have the most as some have recieved overhauls last year. As far as the other garages are concerned I would bet most buses from 74th would be slated to get retired first and then possibly 103rd and Fg follows suit.

14 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The only thing is they would of done that once the legal issues were resolved. #1805 could become another #1482 but at this point it's a lost cause from a cost standpoint. As far as buses with lower miles 77th would have the most as some have recieved overhauls last year. As far as the other garages are concerned I would bet most buses from 74th would be slated to get retired first and then possibly 103rd and Fg follows suit.

One thing you can bet on is 77th will get new buses, how many I dont know but at least half of the 77th fleet. They definitely are not keeping #1300s, some #1200s maybe. They had alot of sweet years at fg but once you get down to the 400. There wont be much left. I think fg will end up with hand me downs, but a smart transit agency would just get 100 new  buses to each garage and watch the maintenance costs go down. They are going to have to do something with the last 400 soon anyway they are going to be 17-18 years old by 2026. Contracting with nova is a slow boat. I sure hope they order from someone else for the last 400. If not NF give Gillig a spot it would be something new for the city, different. Only having the 2 Xcelsiors if they dont get more makes me wonder how long theyll keep those 2. I'm just hoping Proterra is not a bomb. Wouldnt it be something if the new Novas beat the 14 Proterras here!! You have to figure part of the test is in service testing but they have yet been in service. Probably one of the biggest head scratchers so far....

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

One thing you can bet on is 77th will get new buses, how many I dont know but at least half of the 77th fleet. They definitely are not keeping #1300s, some #1200s maybe. They had alot of sweet years at fg but once you get down to the 400. There wont be much left. I think fg will end up with hand me downs, but a smart transit agency would just get 100 new  buses to each garage and watch the maintenance costs go down. They are going to have to do something with the last 400 soon anyway they are going to be 17-18 years old by 2026. Contracting with nova is a slow boat. I sure hope they order from someone else for the last 400. If not NF give Gillig a spot it would be something new for the city, different. Only having the 2 Xcelsiors if they dont get more makes me wonder how long theyll keep those 2. I'm just hoping Proterra is not a bomb. Wouldnt it be something if the new Novas beat the 14 Proterras here!! You have to figure part of the test is in service testing but they have yet been in service. Probably one of the biggest head scratchers so far....

my prediction is once the first 100 novas come 77th will send the all of their 1200’s or 1300’s to FG

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

my prediction is once the first 100 novas come 77th will send the all of their 1200’s or 1300’s to FG

They only need the 60 or 70 buses that comprise the #6400s. But long term those 1300s will be gone. They may go for a little while. Probably theyll really end up with 7900s from 77th. Depends how many new buses they want 77th to have. I think 103rd is in the mix and 74th but could the whole 600 go to south side garages? 

2 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They only need the 60 or 70 buses that comprise the #6400s. But long term those 1300s will be gone. They may go for a little while. Probably theyll really end up with 7900s from 77th. Depends how many new buses they want 77th to have. I think 103rd is in the mix and 74th but could the whole 600 go to south side garages? 

103rd is chilling with their 8325’s they might need a few more but not a lot FG just needs 75 buses to get rid of the 6400’s but maybe FG will get some 7900’s 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I had the tale of two cities yesterday while on Halsted I had #1309 that was rehabbed last year with it only having less than 8,000 miles on it then I got #1255 that had well over 200,000 miles on it, #1309 felt brand new where as #1255 was a little sluggish. I'll just say this though, Don't be surprised if you see a mix of both #1200s & #1300s that were mechanically overhauled migrate north if and when the #8350s get here. The possible scenarios are endless for FG but if the agency decides to go down that road again of hand me down treatment then so be it. As far as deliveries and contracts are concerned CTA better have a good reason for not going with New Flyer.

Most definitely I agree with you about the #7900s heading to FG.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I had the tale of two cities yesterday while on Halsted I had #1309 that was rehabbed last year with it only having less than 8,000 miles on it then I got #1255 that had well over 200,000 miles on it, #1309 felt brand new where as #1255 was a little sluggish. I'll just say this though, Don't be surprised if you see a mix of both #1200s & #1300s that were mechanically overhauled migrate north if and when the #8350s get here. The possible scenarios are endless for FG but if the agency decides to go down that road again of hand me down treatment then so be it. As far as deliveries and contracts are concerned CTA better have a good reason for not going with New Flyer.

Most definitely I agree with you about the #7900s heading to FG.

I suppose that makes some sense.  If the newest buses went to FG, Fg would have the youngest fleet.  But when that fleet gets old, you would nearly have to replace the entire fleet.  Now that I think about it,  it wouldn't be much different either way between 7900s and 8400s.  Overall it would still be a young fleet.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

77th always get the new things thats cta spoiled child wish FG would get the new buses first for a change but just like you said they will get hand me downs as always

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I suppose that makes some sense.  If the newest buses went to FG, Fg would have the youngest fleet.  But when that fleet gets old, you would nearly have to replace the entire fleet.  Now that I think about it,  it wouldn't be much different either way between 7900s and 8400s.  Overall it would still be a young fleet.

Yeah but at the same time FG could always do what NP with the #5800s and that is try there damndest to keep the #8350s they receive for as long as possible while trading away everything else that they have. If Chicago can hold to the #1929-#2029 series for this long so can FG when it comes to the #8350s.

39 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

77th always get the new things thats cta spoiled child wish FG would get the new buses first for a change but just like you said they will get hand me downs as always

I think if SS wasn't adjacent to 77th and was on it own land of real estate then who knows which garage would get newer equipment first. 

On 2/22/2021 at 10:30 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

103rd is chilling with their 8325’s they might need a few more but not a lot FG just needs 75 buses to get rid of the 6400’s but maybe FG will get some 7900’s 

Then also the 1000s come into play fg has about 60 of those. Fg has never really been a new flyer garage not in quantity anyway. But what cta has done is put all the oldest nfs out south so what does that mean the 600 #8350s replace them? But then its dumb for fg to have 7 new style novas but we could also say that about the Xcelsiors.

13 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Then also the 1000s come into play fg has about 60 of those. Fg has never really been a new flyer garage not in quantity anyway. But what cta has done is put all the oldest nfs out south so what does that mean the 600 #8350s replace them? But then its dumb for fg to have 7 new style novas but we could also say that about the Xcelsiors.

FG has like 88 of em

25 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

FG has like 88 of em

Some are newer like #1627 or #1629 or #1644. So that would mean fg needs at least between 140 or 150 replacements. If Fg did get some #8350s probabl chicago would keep everything it has. It will have Proterras that's sort of like having new buses

Some are newer like #1627 or #1629 or #1644. So that would mean fg needs at least between 140 or 150 replacements. If Fg did get some #8350s probabl chicago would keep everything it has. It will have Proterras that's sort of like having new buses

FG and K made a switch last year FG sent 1753-1759 to K and K sent 1589 1594 1597-1599 to FG and then 1627 1629 and 1644 are new 

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

FG and K made a switch last year FG sent 1753-1759 to K and K sent 1589 1594 1597-1599 to FG and then 1627 1629 and 1644 are new 

Three things could happen, One being 77th and FG swap #7900's or overhauled/non overhauled #1200/#1300s for there remaining #6400's and about 30 of there oldest #1000's to retire them as the #8350s begin to get delivered. Two, FG could retire the #6400s in blocks as the #8350s get delivered in blocks from SS. Three, by rare chance the #1000s get swapped in exchange for #7900s if the deliveries for the #8350's are tediously slower than anticipated and the need becomes greater because of the #6400s spare ratio due to breakdowns. Now I'm not saying any of this will happen but its fun to speculate at this point. Either way 77th and FG are the keys to how things will go down because either way if any #6400's are still in decent shape by the time the newer #7900s arrive 77th will have a few of them before retirement in some form or fashion. 77th or FG will have newer buses it's just a matter of who will initially get them first. If we go by principals and logic FG will get them first no questions asked.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Three things could happen, One being 77th and FG swap #7900's or overhauled/non overhauled #1200/#1300s for there remaining #6400's and about 30 of there oldest #1000's to retire them as the #8350s begin to get delivered. Two, FG could retire the #6400s in blocks as the #8350s get delivered in blocks from SS. Three, by rare chance the #1000s get swapped in exchange for #7900s if the deliveries for the #8350's are tediously slower than anticipated and the need becomes greater because of the #6400s spare ratio due to breakdowns. Now I'm not saying any of this will happen but its fun to speculate at this point. Either way 77th and FG are the keys to how things will go down because either way if any #6400's are still in decent shape by the time the newer #7900s arrive 77th will have a few of them before retirement in some form or fashion. 77th or FG will have newer buses it's just a matter of who will initially get them first. If we go by principals and logic FG will get them first no questions asked.

you have a point just like FG got all the 8325’s and then 18 of em ended up at 103rd in exchange for #1000’s

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Dam so cta already said that the new novas gone pic up at 8350 or thats just a big guess