CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

CTA's press release about the purchase makes it sound like they'll look look 8325 and above. If so, that would be a plus as the tinted windows would block off a lot of glare from the sun and help the bus not get so hot like is the case with the original 425 newer Novas in combo with freaking weak A/C units.

I agree I had 7906 on the 7 last time it was warm af & that bus got a lil hot 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam its sad to see 804 like that I was 1 of the last few drivers to drive it before it went back to SS & I still wonder what the 5 painted on the back of the buses mean & what was the fresh moves bus OG number

Wow. 6814! I remember driving it when she was brand new at FG! 

7 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Unbelievable to see 1960s era Flxible equipment still on the property! Sad to see the CPD bus is done! 

Yeah as crisp as it looks inside in and out its mechanically done. 

10 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Wow. 6814! I remember driving it when she was brand new at FG! 

I would of loved to drive the #6400s versus the current #7900s in service now, they are so fragile and damage prone internally.  

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I would of loved to drive the #6400s versus the current #7900s in service now, they are so fragile and damage prone internally.  

Forest glen maintains their nova’s well so probably one garage maintains the novas better than 77th or all the potholes on the south side or probably mileage but idk

10 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The 6400 Novas never really grew on me as im not a fan of low floor buses. But Ill admit it was pleasant experience driving a new bus with its "new car smell" LOL!  I can still remember being the first "in service" operator of bus #6800 the day it arrived. I had pulled in on my AM trip. When I came back for my PM run I think I was on the X80 or 54A that day, cant recall! But the sign out guy asked if I wanted to take 6800! LOL  He said "brand new bus!....Just arrived this morning! I remember it still had some plastic wrapping in it!  He sold me on it! I sucked it up and said Yes! LOL! Ill admit, It did feel nice! The "new car" smell was certainly much more pleasant than what were normally used to smells on a city bus! LOL!   

3 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

The 6400 Novas never really grew on me as im not a fan of low floor buses. But Ill admit it was pleasant experience driving a new bus with its "new car smell" LOL!  I can still remember being the first "in service" operator of bus #6800 the day it arrived. I had pulled in on my AM trip. When I came back for my PM run I think I was on the X80 or 54A that day, cant recall! But the sign out guy asked if I wanted to take 6800! LOL  He said "brand new bus!....Just arrived this morning! I remember it still had some plastic wrapping in it!  He sold me on it! I sucked it up and said Yes! LOL!    

That’s so cool! I watched a video of 6800 recorded in 2013 and that bus had its age coming and it had hundreds of thousands of miles of it and I can’t even dream of one of those novas looking shiny and new

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

That’s so cool! I watched a video of 6800 recorded in 2013 and that bus had its age coming and it had hundreds of thousands of miles of it and I can’t even dream of one of those novas looking shiny and new

I remember being the only operator on the 54A with a 6000 Flx! Passengers would complain to me about why theyre riding an old bus the rest of the buses on the line are new!  Snobs!!! LOL!   

15 hours ago, jajuan said:

CTA's press release about the purchase makes it sound like they'll look look 8325 and above. If so, that would be a plus as the tinted windows would block off a lot of glare from the sun and help the bus not get so hot like is the case with the original 425 newer Novas in combo with freaking weak A/C units.

That would be my guess as well. I dont think novabus makes the other model anymore, so unless they have a time machine #8325's it is. They should have the tinted windows. I think they did that because there are no hopper windows and no chance to cool an overheated bus. Plus theres no window separation so you'll get maximum sunlight and heat from the picture windows. I havent been on the newest novas enough to determine if the ac is better than the #7900's or not.

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Lol I guess customers like new buses on that route and not old high floors.

Yeah, but I wasant sold on the Novas especially with the parking brake activation when you were stopped. Then the jerking motion when you depress the accelerator! It was unsafe to me! I had two people fall because of it  Thankfully no incidents were filed. But I really hated the buses after some time with it. So when it came to my trips on 54A I would ask the sign out to let me keep my morning bus for the afternoon run which was always the 6000 Flx.  

10 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Yeah, but I wasant sold on the Novas especially with the parking brake activation when you were stopped. Then the jerking motion when you depress the accelerator! It was unsafe to me! I had two people fall because of it  Thankfully no incidents were filed. But I really hated the buses after some time with it. So when it came to my trips on 54A I would ask the sign out to let me keep my morning bus for the afternoon run which was always the 6000 Flx.  

Oh okay I see

19 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

That would be my guess as well. I dont think novabus makes the other model anymore, so unless they have a time machine #8325's it is. They should have the tinted windows. I think they did that because there are no hopper windows and no chance to cool an overheated bus. Plus theres no window separation so you'll get maximum sunlight and heat from the picture windows. I havent been on the newest novas enough to determine if the ac is better than the #7900's or not.

It's all the same model isn't it? Framless or framed windows, hopper window or no hopper, it's all design choice left up to the agency who put the bid out, no?

1 hour ago, CTA5750 said:

I remember being the only operator on the 54A with a 6000 Flx! Passengers would complain to me about why theyre riding an old bus the rest of the buses on the line are new!  Snobs!!! LOL!   

I'd take #6000 any day to over a brand new bus especially if it handles well. Just like I am now i'll gladly take some #1300s over the #7900s any day knowing how well they handle among other amenities. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's all the same model isn't it? Framless or framed windows, hopper window or no hopper, it's all design choice left up to the agency who put the bid out, no?

Variations of the same model, unfortunately this looks like how cta will be ordering buses. The past has not proven well I can remember the MAN artics with their big windows always flapping in the wind and the fishbowls doing the same thing. Dont know what will happen with windows non opening with emergency exit windows rare. Eventually the windows will be replaced it always has happened. May not be tomorrow or 5 years from now but by 10 years most probably. 

5 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Unbelievable to see 1960s era Flxible equipment still on the property! Sad to see the CPD bus is done! 

I think they just holdin onto thw 1960's ride for the hell of it & yea it is sad to see 5678 there with a blown motor CPD did their job fuck their rides up

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'd take #6000 any day to over a brand new bus especially if it handles well. Just like I am now i'll gladly take some #1300s over the #7900s any day knowing how well they handle among other amenities. 

Me too bro I wish I was old enough bro get on with cta when the 60's was still running 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Me too bro I wish I was old enough bro get on with cta when the 60's was still running 

15 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The older the equipment the more sturdy. That’s why I only do doordash with bikes from the 70’s ?

• Haha 2