1557 F

1585 F

1588 F

1600 F

1601 F

1934 F

1935 F

1349 1398 1053 added

Add #1937 and #1927 to the list of Covid-19 Vaccination bus brigade along with #1551. Also #700 is back at SS. A lot of movement in the boneyard has me wondering if CTA made a recent scrap run of its older high floors because a lot them have either been hauled off in the past week or moved to a different location in the boneyard. 

20210508_200032.jpg

20210508_200007.jpg

10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Add #1937 and #1927 to the list of Covid-19 Vaccination bus brigade along with #1551. Also #700 is back at SS. A lot of movement in the boneyard has me wondering if CTA made a recent scrap run of its older high floors because a lot them have either been hauled off in the past week or moved to a different location in the boneyard. 

20210508_200032.jpg

20210508_200007.jpg

Cool & when I was there like 2 weeks ago it was still alot of 60's out there

18 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

20210508_200032.jpg

20210508_200007.jpg

Cool wraps! I wonder if they can use the vaccine buses as in-service buses while vaccines aren't needed at the moment

On 5/9/2021 at 1:27 AM, YoungBusLover said:

20210508_200032.jpg

20210508_200007.jpg

I'm surprised they used 3 working buses when they have all the 6400s collecting dust now.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I'm surprised they used 3 working buses when they have all the 6400s collecting dust now.

Yeah it boggles my mind because #6472 hasn't been used since last year and that bus should be in the best condition after the overhaul it received a few years back so it is odd.

16 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

1551 has been out of use since April-2019. The other two were in use until the last week of April this year.

It was oos that long? I wonder why. 

42 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it boggles my mind because #6472 hasn't been used since last year and that bus should be in the best condition after the overhaul it received a few years back so it is odd.

It was oos that long? I wonder why. 

Yeah I'm just surprised. They used #1900's too. Maybe they needed the extra aisle space. They could have always used #1935, it seems to have a terminal problem and it's just a matter of time until it goes in for big repairs. Maybe a smoking bus is counterproductive to a respiratory disease!! Lol!! 

As things open up you would think there may be demand for more buses. Covid may be the reason they are getting by without the 6400s. Once schools open fully in the fall and people start coming to offices it might be interesting to see what happens. I dont see new novas until next year, so no bailout til then. 

These 700s have really been running limited miles since they ordered the proterras. I think they have more miles pre 2018 than post. Dont know what happened. All because of a fire in #700. They should be out with the proterras. The fact that they are not boggles the mind. It's like the nf's have a problem. Dont know how they ever expect to order electric artics as nf is the only maker of those besides byd. 

The oil industry seems to be forcing everyone hand to go electric. I heard OPEC is refusing to produce enough oil to keep the prices low. Prices are expected to get in the 4.00 range this summer. Could we really see ridiculous prices one day like 6 or 7 dollars a gallon. That's another variant. I predict a massive migration to public transit. Hope cta is ready. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I'm just surprised. They used #1900's too. Maybe they needed the extra aisle space. They could have always used #1935, it seems to have a terminal problem and it's just a matter of time until it goes in for big repairs. Maybe a smoking bus is counterproductive to a respiratory disease!! Lol!! 

As things open up you would think there may be demand for more buses. Covid may be the reason they are getting by without the 6400s. Once schools open fully in the fall and people start coming to offices it might be interesting to see what happens. I dont see new novas until next year, so no bailout til then. 

These 700s have really been running limited miles since they ordered the proterras. I think they have more miles pre 2018 than post. Dont know what happened. All because of a fire in #700. They should be out with the proterras. The fact that they are not boggles the mind. It's like the nf's have a problem. Dont know how they ever expect to order electric artics as nf is the only maker of those besides byd. 

The oil industry seems to be forcing everyone hand to go electric. I heard OPEC is refusing to produce enough oil to keep the prices low. Prices are expected to get in the 4.00 range this summer. Could we really see ridiculous prices one day like 6 or 7 dollars a gallon. That's another variant. I predict a massive migration to public transit. Hope cta is ready. 

The fall pick will be the deciding factor because the operators I've talked to in recent weeks with kids in CPS have told me a lot of them have elected to go in the fall versus now since there is only a small portion left to go for this year. I doubt that the #6400s will get used but if anything 77th needs something because the spare ratio at times seems to get smaller and smaller. At times we'll get buses from the shops that are semi operable enough to be on the street at times. As far as the #700's are concerned they've had small issues going on but nothing to major, they were both active around the shops in the past few weeks, I should ask around and see what the deal is though. I wonder why #700 had a short stint at 74th.  Going CNG or sticking with a Hybrid option would work in CTAs favor if oil does become an issue to some degree, electric buses that are currently in production now won't be as near as good by the time 2040 rolls around, technology keeps advancing everyday and for what it's worth CTA isn't that good with keeping up with the times of future. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

The fall pick will be the deciding factor because the operators I've talked to in recent weeks with kids in CPS have told me a lot of them have elected to go in the fall versus now since there is only a small portion left to go for this year. I doubt that the #6400s will get used but if anything 77th needs something because the spare ratio at times seems to get smaller and smaller. At times we'll get buses from the shops that are semi operable enough to be on the street at times. As far as the #700's are concerned they've had small issues going on but nothing to major, they were both active around the shops in the past few weeks, I should ask around and see what the deal is though. I wonder why #700 had a short stint at 74th.  Going CNG or sticking with a Hybrid option would work in CTAs favor if oil does become an issue to some degree, electric buses that are currently in production now won't be as near as good by the time 2040 rolls around, technology keeps advancing everyday and for what it's worth CTA isn't that good with keeping up with the times of future. 

All indications are the kids will be all going back. If you are letting the shows and concerts play then it's time. The only argument left is capacity limits inside the school but Pfizer or moderna says kids 12 and over can get its vaccination so the problem for high schoolers is a vax shot away. Grammar school kids for the most part dont ride cta. 

As far as the gas prices, it's kind of interesting in Canada. When I was up there I noticed they sell gas by the liter, not by the gallon. So it takes almost 4 liters to make a gallon. (Gallon is 3.78 liters.) Gas was like 1.40 a liter but that was maybe 2 years ago. So per gallon that's like 5 bucks. I noticed people drive all small cars. Things like Yukons or Navigators are non existant. Even smaller SUVs like explorers are rare. Higher gas prices do change what we drive. Here in the states theres a few hybrid trucks and even small suv electrics. I always believed that if the big trucks go electric like the F-150, its game over for the cars. I'd like a big hauling truck but 13 mpg is not my idea of a good time. 2022 that all changes and big oil knows the end is near. A Biden presidency is hostile to them, gas has already climbed about a dollar since he became pres, so that's the fallout of a Biden presidency. Hope everything turns out ok. 

38 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

All indications are the kids will be all going back. If you are letting the shows and concerts play then it's time. The only argument left is capacity limits inside the school but Pfizer or moderna says kids 12 and over can get its vaccination so the problem for high schoolers is a vax shot away. Grammar school kids for the most part dont ride cta. 

As far as the gas prices, it's kind of interesting in Canada. When I was up there I noticed they sell gas by the liter, not by the gallon. So it takes almost 4 liters to make a gallon. (Gallon is 3.78 liters.) Gas was like 1.40 a liter but that was maybe 2 years ago. So per gallon that's like 5 bucks. I noticed people drive all small cars. Things like Yukons or Navigators are non existant. Even smaller SUVs like explorers are rare. Higher gas prices do change what we drive. Here in the states theres a few hybrid trucks and even small suv electrics. I always believed that if the big trucks go electric like the F-150, its game over for the cars. I'd like a big hauling truck but 13 mpg is not my idea of a good time. 2022 that all changes and big oil knows the end is near. A Biden presidency is hostile to them, gas has already climbed about a dollar since he became pres, so that's the fallout of a Biden presidency. Hope everything turns out ok. 

Yeah for sure, a lot of families are taking advantage of the vaccines being more proven now more than ever and as time goes on hopefully just hopefully there will be just one vaccine that everyone can depend on for years to come as the virus continues to mutate. On your point about gas mileage costs I've been patiently waiting on the next generation of modern SUVs that have good gas mileage to purchase because currently the mileage isn't good based on what I'm looking for. I'm still high on Toyota, Honda and Ford though, my biggest deal breakers right now are for sure MPGs and Longevity. $5 per gallon is outrageous for anyone to even fathom as reasonable but hey that's the times were close to living in. ?