Jump to content
sw4400

CTA Bus Garage Rosters

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

South fence list as of 1/10/20
#2006 #1969 #6873 #1185 #1057 #4394 #1915 #6764 #6474 #1843 #4080 #4109 #6682 #6758 #1672 #4000 #1549 #6585 #6671 #6810 #700 #6562 #1508 #7900 #1966 #1889 #6473 #7925 #6558 #1519 #2018 #1629 #8271 #1606 #4042 #6477 #6696 #6861 #8327

Sidenote 40 #6400s are left in the boneyard and the numbers will continue to diminish as the year goes on. #6699 had roughly 600k miles on it before getting axed for suspension issues. At least 27 Artics are in the boneyard awaiting major repairs or retirement. #1434 is on Legal hold, #1457 appears to be dead but we'll have to wait and see. #4301 and #4302 caught my attention as I was surprised to see those two sitting back there. If anyone is near FG could you check the dead lot for me and give me a rubdown of what's there? 

Ok when I got outwest today I may try to swing by there & look man I seen 6699 not too too long ago over the summer on the 86 & 85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I think it was sold to a bus company in either Joliet or Aurora with a few other RTS's too

Yea I figured then they was used & retire a second time see it still has the 7 sticker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I mean my girlfriend knows a good masseuse 🤣🤣🤣

That's what happens after doing a block run mixed with king drive and cottage grove does to you lol, it was late and the zzz's were getting to me along with auto correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ok when I got outwest today I may try to swing by there & look man I seen 6699 not too too long ago over the summer on the 86 & 85

Wow 600k that's incredible. Theres still a few flip dot novas motoring around at fg. Saw #6686 the other day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Damn I rode 6699 on July 4 (it's last day of service ever) and it's transmission wasn't that good because it wasn't shifting gears a lot and when it did, it shifted very late.  That bus didn't sound healthy and I knew it was going to be out very soon. Next-stop sign and annunciator were both working well, but I noticed the breakdown triangles were behind the operator on the fire extinguisher, seeming like it broke down a few days or weeks before July 4 and the box where they are normally kept is empty. Is that bus officially retired and never coming back to active service or they'll try to fix it so it can be active again?

It was taken out of service the next day on July 5th after being reported on the 4th for such issues, I saw a work order slip in the drivers cab and interesting enough #6699 had issues throughout 2020 but one thing I forgot to mention is #6699 is a 2000 model and not 2001. I noticed sometimes we tend to label a model based on when it was delivered and entered service versus the year it was actually made. 

20210109_161934.jpg

20210109_162035.jpg

20210109_162020.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Wow 600k that's incredible. Theres still a few flip dot novas motoring around at fg. Saw #6686 the other day. 

Yeah it makes you marvel at the job FG has done over the years to maintain the last small batch that they have. They've sprung into new life getting minimal usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Didnt 4550 get sold to another bus company 

It was sold to Perioa then resold again to a private onwer and hasn't been seen since at least 2011. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It was taken out of service the next day on July 5th after being reported on the 4th for such issues, I saw a work order slip in the drivers cab and interesting enough #6699 had issues throughout 2020 but one thing I forgot to mention is #6699 is a 2000 model and not 2001. I noticed sometimes we tend to label a model based on when it was delivered and entered service versus the year it was actually made. 

Oh. Did 6699 break down again on the 4th and they had to tow it to FG (or SS) or they had to drive it to the garage after the reports when the run ended early. The run it was on (rt. 90) normally ends at like 10pm but that bus was taken OOS at 5:30 pm when looking at the Math's archive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it makes you marvel at the job FG has done over the years to maintain the last small batch that they have. They've sprung into new life getting minimal usage.

Well as long as CTA pays for parts they could run a million miles. It would be cool to know what bus has the most miles ever. Probably one of the heritage buses. 

You might be seeing more artics down than usual. Since the pandemic they are being used more. In a way it's good put some more miles on those and give these 1000s a break. The 4300s you see they could possibly fix cause they have the rehab coming for those. Some will never come back like 4323. Question is what do they do with all the broke down 4000s. Seems like some of them are just sitting. The older 1000s they also are not too concerned with. If they have major issues they can probably sit until this bus order comes in. The fleet is starting to show its age all they really have are the 7900s and 77th is working those hard and they are always out at chicago and 74th. They really could use 600 new buses but all this using of the artics is going make them need some more of those as well. You have to figure if it's a bus and a half to drive it's a bus and a half to maintain. 150 percent chances it will fail versus a 40 foot bus. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

It was sold to Perioa then resold again to a private onwer and hasn't been seen since at least 2011. 

It was put back in service then retired for a second time cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Wow 600k that's incredible. Theres still a few flip dot novas motoring around at fg. Saw #6686 the other day. 

Thsts good it got that many miles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

It was taken out of service the next day on July 5th after being reported on the 4th for such issues, I saw a work order slip in the drivers cab and interesting enough #6699 had issues throughout 2020 but one thing I forgot to mention is #6699 is a 2000 model and not 2001. I noticed sometimes we tend to label a model based on when it was delivered and entered service versus the year it was actually made. 

20210109_161934.jpg

20210109_162035.jpg

20210109_162020.jpg

Dam she got knocked off due to suspension that's messed up how it got knocked off for some so minor but it is what it is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it makes you marvel at the job FG has done over the years to maintain the last small batch that they have. They've sprung into new life getting minimal usage.

I wonder how money miles 6686 got anyways sinces it served at C A 6 C again now counting its days at FG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I wonder how money miles 6686 got anyways sinces it served at C A 6 C again now counting its days at FG 

6686 is in better condition though, it was faster and it was in proper condition when I rode it last winter, in my opinion it even felt like it was operating at Archer Garage even though it closed 10 years ago, because it sounds like new imo

IMG_3916.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6686 is in better condition though, it was faster and it was in proper condition when I rode it last winter, in my opinion it even felt like it was operating at Archer Garage even though it closed 10 years ago, because it sounds like new imo

IMG_3916.JPG

Yea 6686 been kept up at all the garages its been at

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam she got knocked off due to suspension that's messed up how it got knocked off for some so minor but it is what it is 

Read that document though it was overdue for retirement based on the miles it accumulated added with it having suspension issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Read that document though it was overdue for retirement based on the miles it accumulated added with it having suspension issues. 

Naw I read it bro I'm just saying if the suspension never failed she might have still been on the road running up more miles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are DE60LF's that have been gone for several months (at least before September through now) that are possibly at South Shops that I have marked missing after checking Maths: 4014 4019 4042 4062 4080 4178 4200 4201. 4119 and 4167 are confirmed retired and the other 197 have been active during that range.

 

Helpful DE60LF Roster

Chicago roster: 4067-4068 4070-4073 4078 4081-4085 4087 4098 4117 4120-4151 4156 4158-4160 4162-4163 4166 4168-4169.

77th roster: 4000-4002 4004-4022 4024-4048 4069 4075-4076 4090 4096 4100-4104 4106 4110 4152-4155 4157 4161 4164-4165 4170-4171 4196 4202 4205-4207

103rd roster: 4051 4080 4097 4099 4105 4107-4109 4111-4116 4118 4172-4195

Kedzie roster: 4003 4023 4049-4050 4052-4066 4074 4077 4079 4086 4088-4089 4091-4095 4197-4201 4203 4204

DE60LF's missing this week: 4000 4002 4004 4010 4012 4014 4019 4020 4022 4027 4029 4030 4032 4037 4039 4042 4043 4048 4049 4054 4062 4068 4080 4082 4084 4085 4089 4091 4092 4102 4109 4113 4116 4118 4127 4132 4139 4142 4151 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4181 4184 4192 4196 4198 4199 4200 4201.

Total count: Chicago 56, 77th 74, 103rd 39, Kedzie 37, Retired 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

These are DE60LF's that have been gone for several months (at least before September through now) that are possibly at South Shops that I have marked missing after checking Maths: 4014 4019 4042 4062 4080 4178 4200 4201. 4119 and 4167 are confirmed retired and the other 197 have been active during that range.

 

Helpful DE60LF Roster

Chicago roster: 4067-4068 4070-4073 4078 4081-4085 4087 4098 4117 4120-4151 4156 4158-4160 4162-4163 4166 4168-4169.

77th roster: 4000-4002 4004-4022 4024-4048 4069 4075-4076 4090 4096 4100-4104 4106 4110 4152-4155 4157 4161 4164-4165 4170-4171 4196 4202 4205-4207

103rd roster: 4051 4080 4097 4099 4105 4107-4109 4111-4116 4118 4172-4195

Kedzie roster: 4003 4023 4049-4050 4052-4066 4074 4077 4079 4086 4088-4089 4091-4095 4197-4201 4203 4204

DE60LF's missing this week: 4000 4002 4004 4010 4012 4014 4019 4020 4022 4027 4029 4030 4032 4037 4039 4042 4043 4048 4049 4054 4062 4068 4080 4082 4084 4085 4089 4091 4092 4102 4109 4113 4116 4118 4127 4132 4139 4142 4151 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4181 4184 4192 4196 4198 4199 4200 4201.

Total count: Chicago 56, 77th 74, 103rd 39, Kedzie 37, Retired 2

4046-4047 was out on the 4 yesterday morning seen both at 63 & cottage 46 was going south 47 was going north

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...