CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Welp I  just saw the aftermath of what #4090 got on Michigan and Jackson during my run tonight. The damage isn't to severe but it is noticeable on the drivers side. The windshield is almost shattered and the panels on the side of bent inwards. #210 has been pretty busy these last couple of weeks. #1783 is also in the boneyard and it appears that #6692 and #6699 are LTH for some reason. #1245 still hasn't moved so I'm assuming it's also LTH as well as it still has its farebox and ventra reader for now.

Dam I just seen both the 66's not too long ago dam now some more novas might be getting knocked off

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Welp I  just saw the aftermath of what #4090 got on Michigan and Jackson during my run tonight. The damage isn't to severe but it is noticeable on the drivers side. The windshield is almost shattered and the panels on the side of bent inwards. #210 has been pretty busy these last couple of weeks. #1783 is also in the boneyard and it appears that #6692 and #6699 are LTH for some reason. #1245 still hasn't moved so I'm assuming it's also LTH as well as it still has its farebox and ventra reader for now.

Dam I just saw both the 66's not too long ago hope they dont get knocked off

On 9/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, BusHunter said:

They once had a hard turn when they were doing construction on Addison. It was a few years ago, well maybe 5 plus. It was an Addison Eb to Oak Park Sb. They were running the artics then. Addison is wide, not the widest, but Oak Park you have that one lane issue again cause it's very narrow. Turned out the artics made that turn. It was a 40 foot bus that rubbed the light pole on the right side. There are a few tricky turns around. Was riding a #54A once, when the sb bus crossing the Metra tracks north of Montrose rubbed his lower molding right off the Nova bus he was driving. So i watched other drivers what they do. They take both lanes into the turn. This guy who rubbed off his molding right behind the back door turned his bus keeping it in the far right lane. You know when I take my bus through there I use both lanes myself. If I have to block traffic or wait it out, it's worth not having an accident.

Thats an unforgiving underpass. I drove 54A many times  I always took my time under that "S" turn. And because my firehouse is in that area, I still have to drive under that viaduct at times. Only now with my ladder truck! LOL  But it no doubt is challenging!  

6 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Thats an unforgiving underpass. I drove 54A many times  I always took my time under that "S" turn. And because my firehouse is in that area, I still have to drive under that viaduct at times. Only now with my ladder truck! LOL  But it no doubt is challenging!  

It seems like a lot of MD underpass have some sort of zigzag. Though none quite like that one.

20 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It seems like a lot of MD underpass have some sort of zigzag. Though none quite like that one.

Theres also Grand/Homan!  That one is also challenging due to the traffic volume in that area.  

7 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

The last day of 6699 in service so far was July 4, and I got to ride it that day too.

Yeah #6692 and #6699 were in the shops since early August and was quite frequent to visit south shops a lot this summer. I know it was a minor addition but why waste money on temporary shields if the buses themselves were in bad shape? 

4 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Saw one day NP was training with artics there. Talk about pulling out the hardcore stuff first. But it can be done. I'm a fan of driving simulators and over time it makes you a better driver because you can fail in a simulator plus you get to see what different sized vehicles do on a turn.