CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

19 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'd hope so, there is such a backlog at SS lately. The south fence is over crowded with OOS buses. That's why some keep getting parked defunct in the boneyard until further notice depending on the bus condition.

it’s also the summer season where you will see crap ton of buses at SS for maintenance 

32 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I doubt it because most of #800's and #900's are still back there next #4323.

Yea I seen that & those been out since 14-15 so they just probably took it some where I will keep an eye out might pop back up at K cuz its been doing that for a while at K then back at ss then back at K 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I seen that & those been out since 14-15 so they just probably took it some where I will keep an eye out might pop back up at K cuz its been doing that for a while at K then back at ss then back at K 

Well they have prepped it for retirement already so only time will tell.

20200705_144448.jpg

20200705_144519.jpg

20200705_144413.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Interesting, I wonder if it was #600 or a different one. 

It may have been!. I was SB on the Ryan at 47th, so I didnt get a good enough glance at it  But it clearly was the Proterra

On 7/27/2020 at 3:39 AM, YoungBusLover said:

I was surprised to see #600 back there along with #1125. @BusHunter #1257 was the bus number for the fishbowl you were asking about a few weeks back.

20200726_145122.jpg

I wonder why they put the license plate on the bumper of the #600's. When that pops off, (the bumper should be in 3 sections) that license plate will pop off with it.

46 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder why they put the license plate on the bumper of the #600's. When that pops off, (the bumper should be in 3 sections) that license plate will pop off with it.

That might be temporary for now. 

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

& I drove 804 when I first came off the rails to the bus side of the game 

How was it?

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I would love to see that 5307 back there run again!! 

#4105 has left the boneyard to finally receive its long overdue maintenance, the bus was dead though so it had to receive a push to the shop. #804 is no where to be found, #1757 has major fire damage on the left from something so it will be out a while. #7914 and #7972 have been OOS for a month now. #6755 has also returned to SS again.  

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

You're referring to these right?

20200726_144824.jpg

Oh Hell yeah!!! Would be so awesome to see these run again one day!  Wish they would just donate them to IRM if they cant get them to run  Its like seeing living CTA history.  I can still remember my dad driving these out of North ave Garage when I was a kid  

57 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Oh Hell yeah!!! Would be so awesome to see these run again one day!  Wish they would just donate them to IRM if they cant get them to run  Its like seeing living CTA history.  I can still remember my dad driving these out of North ave Garage when I was a kid  

That's awesome! I feel the only way to make that happen is by getting enough public support to restore what they have and finally form a partnership with IRM.

12 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#4105 has left the boneyard to finally receive its long overdue maintenance, the bus was dead though so it had to receive a push to the shop. #804 is no where to be found, #1757 has major fire damage on the left from something so it will be out a while. #7914 and #7972 have been OOS for a month now. #6755 has also returned to SS again.  

1757 May get retied then I didnt know that & what happened to 7914 & 7972 & I seen 6846 on the Ryan heading back to SS

21 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

IRM really needs volunteers for the bus department.  I've seen no action going on there while I've been at IRM volunteering for the electric cars department.  

On 8/1/2020 at 12:30 AM, Shannoncvpi said:

1757 May get retied then I didnt know that & what happened to 7914 & 7972 & I seen 6846 on the Ryan heading back to SS

#1757 was in the shops up on the lift getting repairs from what I saw this past thursday evening,#7914 and #7972 are a mystery for now but they do still sit in the garage bays with #6470. #7914 seems to be filled with garage maintenance equipment. Also #804 has reappeared along the south fence this early Sunday morning, I dont know if the bus still runs or not though.