CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yra they probably was I was just saying that it didnt seem like it with all of the flyers lating around in the garage but I don't work in the feild of fleet management but I say since the 64's are back every garage should just get their buses back

Well until the next pick this is pretty much what will be dealing with. Only a small block of the 6400s are back not the entire fleet itself.

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Right now only one bus is running out of the last hundred #1000s

Screenshot_20200628-122356_Samsung Internet.jpg

Actually two since 1930 is one of those last 100. But either way that's still something. It's not too much of a surprise though, because even before this pick, C had a tendency to keep just about all its 40 ft NFs parked during the weekends while running its Novas instead. The real surprise is that there were any NF 40 footers out at all during the weekend. 

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

Actually two since 1930 is one of those last 100. But either way that's still something. It's not too much of a surprise though, because even before this pick, C had a tendency to keep just about all its 40 ft NFs parked during the weekends while running its Novas instead. The real surprise is that there were any NF 40 footers out at all during the weekend. 

I have seen C to do that the novas take all of the work on the weekends

Hello-- Apologies if this isn't the right place for this post. I'm a Chicago-based illustrator with an interest in history and transit (among other things, like architecture). I wanted to post this preview of a piece I'm making and see whether it checks out. I thought this might be the best community and thread for that. Mainly I'm curious to know if you see any errors? I couldn't include EVERY generation of surface transit, but wanted to get some of the major technological shifts.  Thanks very much.

1. CTA-SURFACE-transit_11x14_flattened_prevew_web_Capehorn.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Slow_Train said:

Hello-- Apologies if this isn't the right place for this post. I'm a Chicago-based illustrator with an interest in history and transit (among other things, like architecture). I wanted to post this preview of a piece I'm making and see whether it checks out. I thought this might be the best community and thread for that. Mainly I'm curious to know if you see any errors? I couldn't include EVERY generation of surface transit, but wanted to get some of the major technological shifts.  Thanks very much.

1. CTA-SURFACE-transit_11x14_flattened_prevew_web_Capehorn.jpg

These look great! Anyone here would probably make u draw every bus model cta has ever had if we were honest ?. Only error i see is the artic bus drawn is one of the diesel only NABI buses cta had in the 2000s they had that would break in half, the correct model would be this series https://chicagobus.org/buses/4000-de60lf/photos

• Upvote 2

2nd row last one (ACF) should be cream and red. Only blue ones were Fords 4301-4309 that were delivered in ODT gray and painted before entering service to resemble the prewar PCCs. All other pre 1945 buses were red. After that mercury green, cream and swamp holly orange until 1950, then the cream and green we all remeber.

• Upvote 1