CTA Service Adjustments

CURRENTZ_09

And actually I didn't goof on the X98. The preview of the effective April 1 schedule shows that one trip leaving at 10:40PM even though the notice Busjack quoted said it leaves Avon at 10:05. So the goof is on their part. And looks like they caught it as the notice on the website says 10:40 now too.

And actually I didn't goof on the X98. The preview of the effective April 1 schedule shows that one trip leaving at 10:40PM even though the notice Busjack quoted said it leaves Avon at 10:05. So the goof is on their part. And looks like they caught it as the notice on the website says 10:40 now too.

Anyway, the schedule (until yesterday) was 3 trips each way for the 3 shifts, and one would guess that the one leaving Avon in the afternoon was the one that needed the articulated bus. The employees get to crowd onto 208 now.

The new schedules are on the website now.

Folks will now have to be on the lookout if the destination sign for 52 is Rockwell-Addison.

Anyway, the schedule (until yesterday) was 3 trips each way for the 3 shifts, and one would guess that the one leaving Avon in the afternoon was the one that needed the articulated bus. The employees get to crowd onto 208 now.

The new schedules are on the website now.

Folks will now have to be on the lookout if the destination sign for 52 is Rockwell-Addison.

One thing I also noticed is that they forgot to list the 151 under the preview schedules when owl service is cut as of tonight meaning that scheduled changed too. But of course that point is moot now since we are under the new schedules now. We shall also see how much relief the 52 gives the 49 and 152 now that it's layover is next to the Lane Tech school campus.

One thing I also noticed is that they forgot to list the 151 under the preview schedules when owl service is cut as of tonight meaning that scheduled changed too. But of course that point is moot now since we are under the new schedules now. We shall also see how much relief the 52 gives the 49 and 152 now that it's layover is next to the Lane Tech school campus.

They kind of screwed up on the #52 bus stop signs. They have the #52 going to Addison both ways and turning right heading east to Rockwell and south to the terminal. I can imagine someone's surprise when they find themselves heading east on Belmont.

They kind of screwed up on the #52 bus stop signs. They have the #52 going to Addison both ways and turning right heading east to Rockwell and south to the terminal. I can imagine someone's surprise when they find themselves heading east on Belmont.

Why am I not surprised? Remember the error with the 11 when they first updated those signs to reflect the cutback south of the Western Brown Line station where they only mentioned weekday service but made no mentions of the weekend? It's like they make these changes to service then throw up signs where it seems like they updated them at the last minute since we find evidence that they do no proofreading before putting them in place.

Hilkevitch has more details today, including new service added to the Blue Line and ridership numbers on N151.

However, if you want to jump on him too, he says "The route will no longer operate on California Avenue north of Belmont Avenue," when the alert is no northbound service.

Hilkevitch has more details today, including new service added to the Blue Line and ridership numbers on N151.

However, if you want to jump on him too, he says "The route will no longer operate on California Avenue north of Belmont Avenue," when the alert is no northbound service.

But anyone who knows Chicago or at least studies a map of the city should be able to take what the alert says in context and realize that northbound buses are moved off California between Belmont and Addison and rerouted to streets east of California to get the buses to Addison. Tracy counted that as one of nine service cuts instead of making the connection that what we have effective yesterday and today is eight cuts and one reroute. That's why I don't give her a pass on this. She rode every bus route in the system and has presented herself as knowing enough about Chicago streets that she should be smart enough to make the connection that the #52 reroute is not a cut.

I don't know if anybody notice 81 W is now 25 minute wait in rush and 35 minutes off peak.

If somebody will explain how adding 1 more bus on 49 in rush is going to make a difference i want to hear it.

Some of these FG routes are really feeling the bite in this pick. And I don't remember them highlighting any increase in wait times on 81W as much as they made a big deal about 85A and 88, And I really don't get how one more bus on 49 in rush hour makes much difference either especially given in the winter pick change the route became really frequent in the rush periods.

....If somebody will explain how adding 1 more bus on 49 in rush is going to make a difference i want to hear it.

Maybe it makes a difference to whomever would otherwise be standing on the front door ramp of the following bus.

And if CTA can actually do something about bus bunching, maybe the following bus can adhere better to the schedule.

I don't know if anybody notice 81 W is now 25 minute wait in rush and 35 minutes off peak.

If somebody will explain how adding 1 more bus on 49 in rush is going to make a difference i want to hear it.

So I guess the last of the Booz Allen standards have been eliminated or on the way to... Before, 30 min was the highest anyone should expect to wait fot a bus....

When I first saw the sign, I was wondering where was the terminal? Devry or Addison and Rockwell? Because the sign depicts it as south of Addison like it's Devry. (The terminal is at Rockwell and Addison) It would have been more clear if they had a line going down addison and terminating at Rockwell. I wonder if maybe they planned on going both ways to start out. (they could've turned around via campbell/roscoe/western/belmont)

I can't believe they did that considering last pick they merged the #69 with that. I bet they did that so they could eliminate another bus off the route. As far as #54A that route is slowly getting canned, and the #x98 down to one bus probably won't be around next pick. As far as the #88 the resurrection crowd are resorting to walking to work from the blue line if that's any indication of how good the service is.

Maybe it makes a difference to whomever would otherwise be standing on the front door ramp of the following bus.

And if CTA can actually do something about bus bunching, maybe the following bus can adhere better to the schedule.

But one bus still isn't necessarily going to mean a hill of beans under that circumstance as it still depends on how big a crowd you had under the previous schedule.

I can't believe they did that considering last pick they merged the #69 with that. I bet they did that so they could eliminate another bus off the route. As far as #54A that route is slowly getting canned, and the #x98 down to one bus probably won't be around next pick. As far as the #88 the resurrection crowd are resorting to walking to work from the blue line if that's any indication of how good the service is.

They're sending a few FG routes to slow death if they keep at the rate they're going. You'd think they'd learned by now that when it comes to the lower used routes there comes a point you where you cross the line making cuts to that route harms to route more than it does to help the efficiency of the route.

To add insult to injury, the #52 still displays roscoe on the destination sign.

But one bus still isn't necessarily going to mean a hill of beans under that circumstance as it still depends on how big a crowd you had under the previous schedule.

In fairness, riding at 6:30/7am, one bus makes A LOT of difference (at least until the Summer Pick).

So I guess the last of the Booz Allen standards have been eliminated or on the way to... Before, 30 min was the highest anyone should expect to wait fot a bus....

Rodriguez's administration said that they were out the window in the 2010 cuts.

As far as frequency, it looks like CTA is adopting Pace standards on routes with similar passenger loads. Better get the print schedules and a BusTracker app for your smart phone.

They're sending a few FG routes to slow death if they keep at the rate they're going. You'd think they'd learned by now that when it comes to the lower used routes there comes a point you where you cross the line making cuts to that route harms to route more than it does to help the efficiency of the route.

See above. You'll just have another decrowding plan, and then some of these routes will become like 56A on Devon--nonexistent.

Note that Pace said there was no reason to add service to 423, and it didn't even add capacity--I estimate that about 60% of the evening rush hour (not counting school trips) consists of small buses. The assignment of bus types hasn't changed.

In fairness, riding at 6:30/7am, one bus makes A LOT of difference (at least until the Summer Pick).

Between 6:30 and 7 maybe, but not between 7 and 9 a.m. And I've ridden the 49 at that time over the busiest portions of the northern half of the route between 6:30 and 7 during colder weather months, so I can tell you that's a pretty big if from what I've seen since the bus still isn't crammed to the gills at that time of morning.

To add insult to injury, the #52 still displays roscoe on the destination sign.

Odd since BusTracker shows '52 to Addison/Rockwell' which at other times with route changes updated destinations on Tracker suggested physical destinations on the buses were also updated.

OK why is Tracy Swartz leaving the impression that new loop on the north end of the 52 is a service cut when all it is is CTA routing northbound buses on to Belmont over to Campbell and the DeVry parking lot up to Addison before coming back to California to get the buses turned around since they won't have use of the turnaround outside the ComEd offices.

Because now Tracy, when riding the #52 bus north from the Blue Line “L” station, has to walk two blocks from California and Belmont to get to Hot Doug's. :wacko: