CTA Service Adjustments

CURRENTZ_09

Guest ctafan630

Again, there is still no map, but 2 things seem pretty obvious:

[*]As others point out and I tend to agree, 81W won't be covering the entire 69; it will take East River between Lawrence and Bryn Mawr, and if you want to go south on Cumberland, you have to take 331 (or any community vehicle that Norridge provides, I suppose

The Norridge Pace Bus only runs Tuesday - Sunday from 9 am to 4. I believe the service intervals are roughly every hour. The Norridge Pace Bus does not go north of Foster. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to re-route the 81W down East River. East River is all residential while Cumberland has retail. The only reason to do this is to serve the Pavillion apartment complex.

The Norridge Pace Bus only runs Tuesday - Sunday from 9 am to 4. I believe the service intervals are roughly every hour. The Norridge Pace Bus does not go north of Foster. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to re-route the 81W down East River. East River is all residential while Cumberland has retail. The only reason to do this is to serve the Pavillion apartment complex.

If it is where I think it is, I put down an application fee to live there once, but didn't go through because it was in the middle of nowhere. Must have been, since they had Centel phone service. Certainly no CTA service at that time (unless the 64 Foster-Lawrence-Jefferson Park loop went nearby).

Guest ctafan630

If it is where I think it is, I put down an application fee to live there once, but didn't go through because it was in the middle of nowhere. Must have been, since they had Centel phone service. Certainly no CTA service at that time (unless the 64 Foster-Lawrence-Jefferson Park loop went nearby).

The 64 Foster - Lawrence bus only went as far as Canfield. Cumberland is between East River and Canfield.

The Pavillion Apartments are off East River and a little south of Bryn Mawr.

When you look at the new schedule for Sept 2 You have 49 Western during rush 5 to 7 minutes.I don't see how adding more service going to help.When you look at how long it takes to get from one end of the line to another.All your going to end up doing is another bus caught in traffic.

Of course, because this is Chicago. But it gives lie to your previous assertion of "be thankful they are holding a public hearing first." After all, you said you attended a Red Line one and it was a farce.

OT, but let's see how much more Emanuel gives on the teachers' negotiations.

Apparently, for out of the Blue, we have leakers. Apparently none for this story.

In this case, the first source seems to be the Tribune (at least based on the Google feed on the home page), or Kevin doing a better search through transitchicago.com than the rest of us did. While you started this thread, you never said your source, and I had to find it. If you got some heads up from Brian Steele before the Tribune did, give us your source.

Basically, over the last decade, the Press Releases have been propaganda, unless they can be used as admissions against interest. The Financial Reports are worse.

Well, give this new president the benefit of the doubt. Be glad that outside ALL the issues that most are complaining, CTA has over 3 decades of infrastruture to maintain just basic service levels before they can expand to other problems that would have been solved now had the investment had been made decades ago. Also remember that CTA Spokesperson used to NEVER RELY TO CUSTOMERS (Hell i didnt even know they exist) PERIOD, so give Claypool credit of opening up the CTA Customer Service Department and at least being a little more claimer when experiencing with the customers. The CTA has its flaws and Remember that it is the Mayor that chooses the CTA President and if the Mayor is playing politics, then he's doing a hell of a job trying to at least keep everyday people modes of transportant in a good state. Instead of always stating the negative about the CTA, support the CTA and voice on what they can do better, such as attending the CTA Community Meeting on September 4th, 2012 or the Upcoming Fall editions of the Red Line South Renewal Commuity Meetings. @Busjack, did you attend ANY of those meetings? We know you "KNOW" the facts and the statements, no one can take that fact away from Busjack. Don't assume that other member's don't know the facts as well.

P.S. @ Busjack, i knew the source was from the Chicago Tribune, i was on my cellular device at the time of breaking the Exclusive Story :]

Well,... The CTA has its flaws and Remember that it is the Mayor that chooses the CTA President and if the Mayor is playing politics, then he's doing a hell of a job trying to at least keep everyday people modes of transportant [sic] in a good state. Instead of always stating the negative about the CTA, support the CTA and voice on what they can do better, such as attending the CTA Community Meeting on September 4th, 2012 or the Upcoming Fall editions of the Red Line South Renewal Commuity Meetings. @Busjack, did you attend ANY of those meetings? ...

Let me put it this way.

When Pace has a restructuring (such as the NS ones I attended, and the South Cook-Will one) there are about 3 workshops and then 3 public hearings. On the South one, they also surveyed the employers and preachers before posting a plan. It took at least 6 months to go through that process. Pace at least listens.

Now we are supposed to believe that CTA is actually going to listen to someone at a legally mandated hearing, and change its plan to present to the Board in 8 days (especially since, due to the Open Meetings Law, the agenda has to be posted 48 hours in advance of the board meeting)?

Get serious.

I was wrong when I agreed with your 90% adopted. It will be 100%, and I predict pooh on the Lincoln Ave. crowd.

That's all I am going to say about it. Are you going to waste your time coming in from Milwaukee?

P.S. @ Busjack, i knew the source was from the Chicago Tribune, i was on my cellular device at the time of breaking the Exclusive Story :]

So, all I am asking is post your source, which was not a CTA Press Release.I'm at least courteous enough to post a link, and not act like an oracle. Remember your b.s. about a secret official source on getting a ride on a 2200 by Christmas? Looks like that will be too late.

Let me put it this way.

When Pace has a restructuring (such as the NS ones I attended, and the South Cook-Will one) there are about 3 workshops and then 3 public hearings. On the South one, they also surveyed the employers and preachers before posting a plan. It took at least 6 months to go through that process. Pace at least listens.

Now we are supposed to believe that CTA is actually going to listen to someone at a legally mandated hearing, and change its plan to present to the Board in 8 days (especially since, due to the Open Meetings Law, the agenda has to be posted 48 hours in advance of the board meeting)?

Get serious.

I was wrong when I agreed with your 90% adopted. It will be 100%, and I predict pooh on the Lincoln Ave. crowd.

That's all I am going to say about it. Are you going to waste your time coming in from Milwaukee?

So, all I am asking is post your source, which was not a CTA Press Release.I'm at least courteous enough to post a link, and not act like an oracle. Remember your b.s. about a secret official source on getting a ride on a 2200 by Christmas? Looks like that will be too late.

i will not travel for this meeting, hopefully someone will give you guys a recap. @Busjack lets NOT relive the past. The past IS THE PAST!!!! :) @ Busjack, Did you attend ANY of the Red South Meetings?

Maybe a bigger question is whether they are now undoing the North LSD restructuring.

No. The biggest changes with the NLSD were the LaSalle expresses, and those are staying intact (and getting beefed up with this change, in fact).

and undid about 90% of the west side one by cancelling X9 (along with X49), X20, X54, and 127 Circulator. About all that's left of that one is the combining or whatever of 21 and 25 (eventually resulting in the reduction of Pace service) and extension of 90, which doesn't directly benefit anyone on the west side of Chicago.

And the reroute of the 7 to serve the Polk station, the realignment of the 52/52A, and the 86/91 realignment. Plus, the 37 Sedgwick is coming back.

Even still, I don't see what the big deal is about the restructurings of 5-10 years ago not being around anymore. Times change, patterns change, and it's not like they're going back to the same route network that existed pre-restructuring.

i will not travel for this meeting, hopefully someone will give you guys a recap. @Busjack lets NOT relive the past. The past IS THE PAST!!!! :) @ Busjack, Did you attend ANY of the Red South Meetings?

Why should I have?

If we believe Mike Payne, they didn't even listen to Gator Bradley. I bet you don't even know who he is and his background in Chicago. You can Google that on your handheld device.

And if there are incompetents running the ship (and, BTW, the Metropolitan Transit Act says that the CTA board is to be comprised of business experience and appoint an Executive Director with transportation experience, not that the mayor appoints his political buddy from the next block) the past is prologue. There are numerous instances here where the Illinois politicians only give lip service to the law; I've cited two in this thread.

Will I meet you at a meet and greet Scott Walker is holding in Madison?

Why should I have?

If we believe Mike Payne, they didn't even listen to Gator Bradley. I bet you don't even know who he is and his background in Chicago. You can Google that on your handheld device.

And if there are incompetents running the ship (and, BTW, the Metropolitan Transit Act says that the CTA board is to be comprised of business experience and appoint an Executive Director with transportation experience, not that the mayor appoints his political buddy from the next block) the past is prologue. There are numerous instances here where the Illinois politicians only give lip service to the law; I've cited two in this thread.

Will I meet you at a meet and greet Scott Walker is holding in Madison?

So you never attended a meeting period and if Scott Walker had a meeting i would............................Most likely not attend but it seems you would. Lets stay on topic please.

So you never attended a meeting period and if Scott Walker had a meeting i would............................Most likely not attend but it seems you would. Lets stay on topic please.

I said I attended Pace ones.

I also attended a Planning Commission hearing and sat there two hours before determining that it didn't do anything, nor had any authority.

Hence, I no longer engage in futile acts.

If Lincoln Ave. is so important to you, you should be there. You still haven't explained how the Red Line personally impacts you.

No. The biggest changes with the NLSD were the LaSalle expresses, and those are staying intact (and getting beefed up with this change, in fact).

That wasn't the case. The change with the LaSalle Express was that they rerouted them on Wacker to avoid having to run local on LaSalle to North Ave.

The purpose of the North LSD restructuring was to divide the passenger load on a north-south basis. The first part was to institute 134 and 143 to cover Fullerton to Belmont. The next was instituting 144 to get the people in the Marine Dr. area an express run from Irving Park; 145 was also originally designed that way. 146 when restructured originally didn't start at Berwyn in the rush hour, now it does, so 144 now is redundant, except for the hitting the Drive earlier. Then there were all the "repeated experiments" messing with 145 and 148.

But to summarize--the main purpose was to establish express zone boundaries at Belmont and Irving Park.

The rest of the stuff you mention were basically trivial.

Now, maybe the restructuring didn't work, can't be afforded, or is obsolete, but it seems like again, CTA paid a lot of consultants to create it and then others to dismantle it. Maybe the folks who claimed to have worked for the Planning Department can explain that.

I said I attended Pace ones.

I also attended a Planning Commission hearing and sat there two hours before determining that it didn't do anything, nor had any authority.

Hence, I no longer engage in futile acts.

If Lincoln Ave. is so important to you, you should be there. You still haven't explained how the Red Line personally impacts you.

You haven't explained how Scott Walker impacts you?

You haven't explained how Scott Walker impacts you?

He doesn't. I told you so in a PM.

Yet somehow you seem aggrieved that I don't attend ineffective public hearings on things that don't impact me. I haven't ridden that section of the Red Line since about 1975, and it wasn't in good condition then, but at least ran 55 mph. I can at least comment on it because I am paying the Illinois state taxes that fund it.

Since this is the transit board, you tell us how the Red Line or any part of the service reallocation affects you. I don't think CTA is instituting a #23 bus to go to Miller Park.

He doesn't. I told you so in a PM.

Yet somehow you seem aggrieved that I don't attend ineffective public hearings on things that don't impact me. I haven't ridden that section of the Red Line since about 1975, and it wasn't in good condition then, but at least ran 55 mph. I can at least comment on it because I am paying the Illinois state taxes that fund it.

Since this is the transit board, you tell us how the Red Line or any part of the service reallocation affects you. I don't think CTA is instituting a #23 bus to go to Miller Park.

and im sure you not riding the red line south constitutes you to being negative about the project.

and im sure you not riding the red line south constitutes you to being negative about the project.

What is that supposed to mean?

I explained my position above. Apparently you can hit the reply button without editing it, but can't comprehend it.

You still haven't explained how any of this has an impact on you.

I know somebody mention 63W and 165 combined.Then have 307 go up to Toyota Park.That would only leave 62H going down 63rd between Archer and Harlem.

Why do you think that Pace is part of this restructuring (other than Emanuel's reason to cut back CTA routes)?

The relevant question is where 62H should lay over, assuming that it should be retained at all (which I do not).

Alright for all the questioning of whether 144 is a valid service I present a couple of photos representative of what this route carries in any given morning rush. These were taken Tuesday morning about 7:30 AM. Both were taken in the vicinity of Marine Drive and Irving Park, at Bittersweet and on the Drive just south of Irving Park to be exact. Both pretty much counters the claim that the 144 gets no ridership given all the seats were full and there were a significant number of standees. The bus in question was NF 1308.

post-71-13462036574148_thumb.jpg

post-71-13462036841922_thumb.jpg